Ryzen 5000 - Zen 3 lineup Cinebench R20 scores pop up in database

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    AMD chips never run at bas clock unless at idle or very low stress tasks. The reason it's faster is because of the 100 MHZ boost which appears to be worth roughly 15 points per 100 MHZ judging by the 5600X and 5800X scores.

2. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080ti
    I really hope AMD will finally be good for DX11 games but...waiting for real benchmarks..and probably testing it myself ;)

I highly suspect cinebenchR20 to have become the "nordschleife lap times" or "vw ecu scandal" of computer hardware, results are fishy to say the least
    I'm talking about hardware recognizing the benchmark routine and being optimized for it as it has clearly become now a seller of hardware
    If that wasn't the case how do you explain this ?

I get the exact same score using PBO running slower while it's cooling :eek: I repeat COOLING the cpu down either there's trickery involved or I opened a door to the 4th dimension
    while you can suspect ryzen master to report wrong values aida64 would too and also corsair icue and my liquid temp getting colder and my psu drawing less watts (smart psu reporting input/output watts)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its a downgrade, look at the number. :p

fantaskarsef and angelgraves13 like this.
  4. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Damn, can't wait for that sweet, sweet single threaded performance !

Two particular games that I'm playing have one thread which is pegged at 100% all the time, while other 3-5 barely reach 50%, and that only in best case scenario.
    Clearly that 1 thread is the bottleneck of the game engine... which can only be resolved with more clocks and better IPC !

And I'm not switching to Intel just for this one thread, that's for sure.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes clock for clock we can already see it's quite a bit slower.

6. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

I upgraded from 5960x to 3900X which is doing 4.35GHz on all cores, I can do 4.45-4.5GHz still at reasonable voltage(1.35v) and temperatures

5950X will be hell of the upgrade for you there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

fantaskarsef and angelgraves13 like this.
  7. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Have another look, maybe you can actually see better o_O
    It's 561 at 4.7 and 598 at 4.8 = 37 per 100mhz

If we are to scale it like this for 5.2GHz would be 746 !

The multi score is expected lower since this mobile chip is 25w and most likely goes to base frequency in a spit.

8. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    how could this get any more interesting... maybe later on we have nvidia's ARM goforce cpu kicking ass even through x86-64 emulation, which microsoft is about to release, and considering apple's tablet chip performance while emulating x86... oh and also intel's GPU hopefully showing how to trace better rays, and storage speeds impacting graphic settings, oh yes, things WILL be more interesting than ever quite soon

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

In all honesty, that is very suspect and will have to wait to be reviewed.

AMDs CPUs are claimed to be a higher IPC then Intel, even intels 10nm cores, so therefore, logically, their per 100mhz should be higher, yes?

And for example

Intel Core i7-1165G7 4.7Ghz Single core = 561
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6Ghz Single Score = 604

AKA, higher IPC, and therefore, per 100 mhz should be a higher increase as well....

Yet, that's not what is showing here.

Intel 10nm 4.7Ghz vs 4.8Ghz = 37 per 100mhz, as you suggested
    Zen 3 4.7Ghz vs 4.8Ghz = 11 per 100Mhz
    Lets break it down even more
    Zen 3 4.6Ghz vs 4.7Ghz = 17 per 100Mhz
    Zen 3 4.8Ghz vs 4.9Ghz = 12 per 100Mhz

So either AMDs numbers are off, Intels numbers are off, both are off, or realistically, you can't take a single bump up to determine a "per 100mhz" boost something will have indefinitely.

But i'd be willing to believe AMDs numbers more then the Intel ones, to be honest. Not saying Intel is lying here, i'm not sure where all these numbers are coming from, i'm simply stating that:

4.7Ghz vs 4.8Ghz is about a 2% increase, and 618 vs 629 is also about 2% (both are close enough anyways) This is the increase for Zen 3.

Whereas Intels 4.7Ghz vs 4.8Ghz scores of 561 vs 598, still a 2% increase in frequency, somehow nets it close to a 7% increase in performance. Doesn't make sense.

Ultimately: Whatever the percent increase in frequency, should also be the percent increase in performance, unless there's something else going on, such as not keeping the single-core boost frequency as high for as long as the test is going.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    tty8k likes this.
  10. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    That's a good theory and it does look like alot indeed.
    Maybe the lower clocked intel didn't actually reach that speed for various reasons , would be my explanation for the lets say abnormal performance gain.

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Or, more likely, CPU-monkey is a bogus website... designed to shove ads in your face and make money from Amazon affiliate links.

Why is that trash promoted here, no clue...

12. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Got it (I think)

It looks like it depends alot on cooling used and power stages for that mobile intel.
    The lower clocked 4.7GHz version reached 583 in an acer swift 5 (notebookcheck)

Kinda brings it more down to earth difference per 100Mhz

13. devastator

devastator Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire rx6800
    if only amd use 7+ they be hitting 5.2ghz now just how good that would of been :)

14. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Having a faster CPU will help but AMDs DX11 performance is more on the GPU driver side. I ran into a weird problem with the Radeon VII in Creed Odyssey where I was CPU limited and couldn't reach a measly 60fps even at 1080p with some of the settings tweaked (clouds and settings for geometry complexity) meanwhile the 2070S powered through with no problem, typically the cards are very evenly matched. DX11 should be a thing of the past now but there are still newer titles that use what should be a legacy API at this point.

edit

CPU used was a 3600

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    But they need to start milking the money now and slow down a bit :)

devastator likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    5nm next year there is no slowing down. Am5 will be a game changer.

17. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    5600x beats the best Intel. Great times for upgrade!

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    No I checked around the internet. That is not the best case scenario that 561 for that specific processor it's running lower score that it can which is 584 at 4.7ghz. Same for the other one it can run low as 550.

I can see just fine that one. But the chart isn't right in terms of the uplift.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-1165G7-Processor-Benchmarks-and-Specs.467756.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-1185G7-Processor-Benchmarks-and-Specs.467757.0.html

So while yeah it looks too good to be true. It is.

edit: Ah you got info already :D well anyway yeah.