Ryzen 5000 - Zen 3 lineup Cinebench R20 scores pop up in database

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If you are right and performance would be that much better maybe it would be smart waiting for ddr5 and zen4 if its rumored 2021 release than spending so much for zen3.

2. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700 XT
    Amazes me that soo many people are moaning that you have to pay more for better performance. It doesn't matter that it's AMD.

angelgraves13 and AlmondMan like this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Well yes, but at least there could theoretically be competition.

I also think the prices are on the high side but let's not forget they price increase from the XT models is "only" 50-70$.

4. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    let s not forget you can get a 5600x that is as fast as the 5900x in games.
    If you want to run chinebench fast, pay tue extra price, right?

If you want just to work and game and do some creative stuff with yout computer a 5600x will be the silver bullet probably. or a 3800x. If you are already on a serie 3000 or intel 8000+ not sure what are you talking about.

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I'm also amazed at how many people want to see only the bad side of the story, that is sort of:
    'I' can really afford this top of the line CPU' that is also 'The newest middle class cpu is as fast as two of my old top class cpus for less money, but i want just the top' that is also 'Well i can buy it, but i wanted just it to be cheaper'.

Instead of receiving this as a positive news, how only can be, that is a 15% ipc bump twice one year after another, after a core doubling 3 years ago and a price drop from intel that did not happen since long.

schmidtbag and Richard Nutman like this.
  6. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Master Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT Red Devil
    Yeah - I'm wondering what is with the posts going "It's not cheap anymore", "They don't have the price advantage anymore" and so on. So, it's just "don't buy AMD if it's more expensive than Intel"? Why? Because Intel is inherently better, even if numbers prove differently for the things that consumers value? I know that Intel still has some advantages in the corporate sector, but if you're the random consumer, you don't care about most of these things. Stability wise the Ryzen platform has also matured and shouldn't be crash prone. So I really just don't get it.

Richard Nutman likes this.
  7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Problem is next gen intel will still be on 14nm , but with tiger lake architecture , so it is back port. It does not sound too good but lets wait and see :)

Nictron likes this.
  8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Thrashes? Really? Maybe for single core. Hm. My 3600 gets 3696 at stock for multi, I didn't have the patience to run sc. I'll have to check what the 10600K scores but 5600X not blowing me away for mc score tbh.

edit

Yowzer, according to Hilbert's review the 10600K scores under the 3600 in CB20. O_O

9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Multi that is . Not a suprise . Intel Multicore sucks .

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    The 5800x looks like the perfect CPU for a powerful gaming rig but it´s too expensive for me...

11. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Different workloads and all that but it's interesting how Zen 2 can hang with Intel in CB sc but that doesn't translate into gaming perf. Zen 3 looks to have sorted that out with various under the hood improvements. I'm pretty sore there is no 65w 5700X at launch.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Well, MC stock vs stock would be some ~5100 vs 5724, pretty decent boost if you ask me considering it's the same amount of cores.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Yeah I don't get this mentality either. People are acting like the 5900X and 5950X are a necessity or else their games won't run fast enough, when in reality, the 5600X is probably all you need for a good gaming experience. It's not like you need these on release day, either. These products are more expensive but not enough for a tirade, and prices will most likely come down.
    To put things in another perspective: the 5800X ought to be better than the 10900K in almost every way, and yet it's still cheaper. How is AMD "pulling an Intel" when they seem to be ahead in almost every metric and yet have lower prices?

Meanwhile, people seem to forget the 1950X and 2950X existed, which were far more expensive and substantially worse.

Aura89 likes this.
  14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    5600X could have the biggest potential if the price would be right, as the 10600K is the best cpu for gaming but lacks vs Ryzen at mostly anything else.

Though in my opinion the gaming performance disadvantage of Ryzen 2 outside very specific games has been really exaggerated.

Richard Nutman likes this.
  15. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    The way that Intel 11k scales for 100MHz is scary.
    I imagine what a 5.2GHz could do.

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I would of expected the 5800X to have the same high clocks as the 5950X but with less cores. You'd think it is the other way around, higher clocks on the lower core parts and lower clocks on the high core count chips.

I smell a rehash coming already. 5800XT maybe in the very near future. Hopefully if cool enough hits 5Gz and scores 640 single core performance too.

17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    You forget that 11th gen will be 14nm for desktop. Still there is good competition coming , im planing to upgrade around spring, till then i think 3300X will be sufficient.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Since best Intel Core i7-1165G7 gets 584 which seems to in line with normal 100mhz jump. When the best for the other is 595.

So 5.2 would be around there with best Zen 3.

19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Still slower clock for clock.

20. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Of course it beats the 5800X in multithread, as it has +2/4 more cores. But to get the results you will see in all the reviews, you need to buy Z motherboard to be able to use memories with the same frequency, it is more expensive by $40 on paper, and $130 in reality (at the moment) and consumes more power, while to buy an 5800X (or any other), a cheaper B motherboard is also enough to use memories with higher frequencies. When it was the other way around (Ryzen somewhat slower in games but faster in multi thread performance), the Ryzen counterpart was cheaper and despite having x2 more cores, it consumed roughly the same power.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.