Ryzen 5000 and 3000 lead December 2020 sales records in Germany

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 11, 2021.

1. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    It is Polish for me as it gets. I paid in PLN , and got my product , i din't really check if owner is polish or not , not that i care :). Didn't really dig in that much but i remember there were other shops around this price.
    Got 3 of them , for me , my friend and 1 to spare :)

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    still way too much for me for a 6 core,or a gaming cpu in general.
    got a 10500 for 880 as soon as they announced 5600x at 1500 on preorder

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
  4. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I guess INTEL in general is a budget king now .

However i have zero regrets with 5600X and AMD platform . I was lucky with good OC sample . Will last for very long , if i ever miss CPU performance i have amazing options in the future.

6. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Wow you must be an intel fanboi to even consider that a half decent way to show how bad AMD is, they have the worlds fastest CPU why would it not be at a premium price they are there to make money not be a social experiment as a share holder am all for getting a return on my investment, on the same graph look at the Intel prices and then go back to pre 17 figures and do the same for the same period on Intel CPUs and whilst your at it look at what value they offered for the Money in terms of performance, IPC improvments per gen, Socket longevity, RAM support by the same sockets, and prices, I remember a 4 core retailing for north of £500.00 until Ryzen launched then the botties started to twitch like a bunnies nose!

7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    right,must be an intel fanboy to point out 5800x is 9900k ver.2020
    the thing is - even amd owners agree.r3000/2000 outsold r5000 threefold here.
    cpus are nice,prices were high at launch,now they're climbing higher.
    no one cares what shares you have or what they cost before ryzen.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  8. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    More to do with availability rather than interest.

9. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    To put this into context, Mindfactory is a retailer that focuses almost exclusively on selling AMD. You wont find a single Intel product on the main page or even if you go to their processors page. Going by their sales is pretty much the most worthless and biased measure of a market anyone can find. They've had AMD outselling Intel even back when their top chip was Bulldozer. Really now? I honestly don't understand why the Tech media repeats this crap..

10. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I find it more interesting that the 10 core 10900k is now a 8 core 11900k.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    TDP problems and die area problems ( bigger cores more ipc). Bigger core +14nm++++++. Results max 8 core... Intel forfeit other markets. These cpus are made pure for gaming

12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    thing is,cml-s is already a very good gaming cpu.I can't see 8c i9 really doing that much better than 10900k.
    3 fps more than 5900x ? 10900k can do that already

13. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    You obviously do or you wouldnt have a problem over it, folks are buying the cheaper option wow thats a surprise plus the more expensive and faster CPUs are sold out have been since launch virtually, its called demand, look at any PC component seller and check the CPU pages you can buy any Intel product you want virtually but the AMDs no stock of the 9 series CPUs the 7s and 5s are now in stock and frankly selling like hot cakes

14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    r3000 sold in higher volumes and had no supply issues,you're deluding yourself if you think every pc owner is lining up to get a 6 core at 350 eur.
    amd knew they could scalp the hell out of their fanbase wallets and they did.fine by me,I'd never buy a $350 gaming cpu to begin with,no matter what brand.

15. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Well some of us do more than game at 1080p, plus depending on the selection of the games we could make either CPU look very good, lets instead look at the power consumption, lets also consider the performance outside games and the IPC and boost level, the fact the Intel CPU can boost as high as it does is a great Tech achievement but its power consumption and heat ouch, to say AMD does the same in game at less power, lower boost and slightly less heat but massivly outperforms these CPUs in pretty much every other field speaks volumes since the launch of Ryzen AMD really has put the hurt onto Intel in every single field of CPU and it doesnt seem to be something Intel has a answer for which is bad for us the consumer but good for me as an AMD share holder.
    We have had 10 years of Intel dominance with game engines and programs being optimised for 4 cores because thats what Intel brought to the table we are now seeing optimisation for more cores and more heterogeneous computing at lower power draws, efficiency is now the new champion and I can only see even better results for AMD until Intel gets its act together, they will but the field will be much more level when they do.

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    I'm not debating what you said above,I agree with most of it.
    but as a pc owner I don't really accept better profit for shareholders as a reason for amd doing what they knew they could,raising prices 50-60% over last gen for entry level cpus.this has nothing to do with intel being bad for consumer.it's amd milking them.

look at what they did with r3000 - they sold you a 8/16 cpu a lot cheaper than intel sold their 8/8 and it f****d it up good in overall performance.
    [​IMG]

maybe use that as a reference instead.profit for one manufacturer is bad and for the other one is good,not how most of us make decisions.

now 5600x sells for more than 10700kf but it doesn't really perform any faster

[​IMG]

see the difference ?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    AMD didnt rise CPU prices that much (if you compare MSRP) , DEMAND and current pc market made those prices . Goods are scarce and people are willing to pay , there is nothing wrong with that ( - the scalpers , everything is wrong about that one ). That said AMD is overpriced right now , but there are people that have no problem paying for it.

18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    that is largely true
    but r5000 at msrp is a unicorn
    and it's not demand,it's supply.

19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Supply + Depand , maybe more supply as AMD tried to catch too many markets and TSMC is spaming chips for consoles , it is one TSMC for all current AMD product - it HAD to fail.

20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    exactly.
    combine that with +$50 for 5600x and 5800x both and this is what you end up with.to call that a win means you are only interested in amd making you profit as a shareholder.it's fine by me,but don't make it "consumer friendly".
    you of any people should know that,odering from proshop was the only way to get that at msrp.of course it's impossible now and it was only an option for a little while.

imagine someone seeing 5600x at 1690 and 10600kf at 1050.go on ppc forum and see how many people are scrapping their r5000 builds in favor of 3700/10700.