Ryzen 4000 rumors: Allegedly can offer an up-to 20 percent extra perf over Ryzen 3000

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 27, 2019.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Well you could put Hbm stacks on package like a gpu to get that kind of bandwidth, not that it would be very economical . 1tb/s + is doable. Would not surprise me to see hbm used as a large level 4 cache.

2. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I think holding off is a good move if gaming is your primary use case. I went from a 4790K to 3700X myself. It's game/res dependent obviously, but it wasn't a knock my socks off upgrade for the majority of games I play. I probably should have waited, but I had the build bug and wanted to try AMD. That said, looking forward to Ryzen 4K and what it can bring.

3. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    I'm not ;) I still got my Ryzen 7 1800x and i don't plan to upgrade until a gpu upgrade wont make my computer more viable. Juts upgraded my GTX 1070 for a Radeon 5700xt and got a pretty good bump in fps at 2k so i would say this cpu is good for another run. Might upgrade it in 2 years though not sure it will be good enough by then for my work anyway. So far I don't have all those game breaking bugs everyone have on 5700 series and i'm not surprised at all. Played only a handful of games though.

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Im certain this will happen on some level maybe just enterprise / HPC. Just not sure for consumer products well at least not anytime soon for the consumer. I could see after Zen5 AMD being able to make this economical. If they can get 64-128GB of HBM on a 5nm process they would sell chips like crazy. In fact the whole memory latency issue, you know the reason why Intel does better at very high FPS, would turn to AMD's favor in a big way if they did something like package up HBM. The extreme memory latency and bandwidth would have some killer applications it just has to get cheap enough to do it.

5. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RX5700 XT
    I totally agree with You, but reasons i wrote that AMD is complete winner, are much more than only better performance than intel. If You could see the bigger picture, You would understand why i meant this. You cannot compare Intel and AMD in any segment (same reason you cannot compare samsung and htc, for example, in mobile phone section). But AMD, despite all of this, managed to make better CPU than intel, and that's the fact. For a less money, and that's a fact also. I can enumerate for a long time, more of this, but i wont. So, for me, for AMD fanboy who would never buy an intel processor unless AMD no longer existed, AMD is complete winner!!!