ryzen 2700x wont post ram timing used with ryzen 1600

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Jawnys, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    hello i just got a 2700x on black friday to upgrad my second rig from a ryzen 1600, everything seems to be working except for the ram, i was able to post at 3000 mhz 14-15-14-14 34 with hynix mfr on the 1600
    now i cant post anything above 2133 since im on the 2700x

im using an msi b350m mortar so maybe thats why, but everything was fine for the ram on 1st gen

2. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  3. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    im already using this bios

4. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    latest bios, cpu swap, and i cant get any ram configuration to work except 2133mhz nothing else will post

5. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    How many RAM memory stick u have>? I assume 1?

Have u cleared CMOS?
    ---------------------------------------
    Download ryzen dram calculator and set all manually via bios.

6. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    i have 2 stick, i reflashed bios to an older version, not working, to the newest again not working, point is it was working fine on the 1600, and now with the 2700x cant post anything above 2133 on that b350m board
    i do set everything manually also, just nothing will post above 2133, lol im raging bro

7. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Will it be possible to go to Version 1 of the BIOS and check??

-------------------
    Do you have a saved XMP Profile? Load it

8. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    xmp wont load either, im really clueless honestly, im starting to think its just the board with the 2700x that wont do it, i see no reason why my ram would post and be error free in mem test on the ryzen 1600 and nothing else but 2133 will work on the 2700x with the same bios

9. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Could you provide detailed Specs of the 2 RAM.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    IMO when all requirements are satisfied (compatible motherboard with compatible bios version) then it means cpu is dead on arrival and the only "solution" is to replace the cpu. You can also try to run with one stick of ram with its clock decreased to compatible minimum (2133MHz) and even then if pc will post properly this means corrupted memory controller which is in, you guessed it, in cpu! So, again, cpu dead on arrival.

I can tell you already you are sort of lucky, at least more than me as in my case both, cpu and motherboard started to bsod and freeze pc randomly after some time. In case of motherboard (asrock x470 taichi ultimate) built-in wifi is flawed and causes freezes while enabled so i have to rma motherboard. Also cpu, 2700x, started to being unstable: causes reboots and bsods with various error messages randomly. It started 1 month after purchase so i can't just return this hardware and have to rma it which will take time. "Good" thing is i didn't sell my fx-6300 platform yet so i have some hardware to use when new one gets through rma.

11. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X

12. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Definitely do this! If you haven't already of course ;)

13. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    Well i ended up taking everything away from the mobo, remove all procreating possible dust, reseat everything and voila, its working now, so i guess that was it god damn, i get my hynix to boot in 3200 in cl 16, im gonna try to reduce the timing a bit, but it might be hard, hynix mfr is quite a challenge on ryzen

14. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    At last, happy ending...;)
    ---------------------------
    Spoiler: Abit weird for the "RAM TIMING ISSUE": i ended up taking everything away from the mobo, remove all procreating possible dust, reseat everything
    ----------------------------

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018