Ryse: Son of Rome

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jgomez7238, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It's possible that "recommended" in this case would target 4K. I have a hard time imagining a 4GB 1080p framebuffer.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yes I think so, there was a forum post about it. :)

EDIT:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/302510/discussions/0/616187203916268637/

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
  4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Marketing it as a 4K title is kinda pointless. I bet 98% of the PC community is under 4K.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    True that.

1% of those got high end machines and run their games at 15-30 fps and the other 1% got monster rigs that actually can deliver 60fps gaming.

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    so what cards/setup can actually handle games at 60fps or above at 4k? how many titans/780's would one need :eek:

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    3x 780 6gb would do it :)

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You def need 6GB cards so either 3 x 780s or 2½ x Titans ;) Recommended specs for 1080p were oddly enough also a 4GB card.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Only the Crysis series is tied to EA.
    Crytek themselves are not owned by any publisher, and work with various ones.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    for sure now i'm a lil concerned about 4gb vram and how long it's gonna take to cross.
    i imagine this'll do it with tons of aa, at least peak it's head over 4gb anyways.
    and if it's not this game then one will pretty soon i imagine cause the 8gb cards are on the way.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    If the 970/80 (or whatever will be called) has 4GB on the standard model, we will see 8GB ones ~3-6 months later (depending on nividia, if they let the manufacturers), but 4GB SHOULD be enough, even at 4k, I mean you won't have the gpu horsepower to crank up a lot of AA at that resolution anyway.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    On the Xbox One the game ran at 900p.
    So, the 4gb of vram required is most likely in relation to 4K being used in combination with higher quality AA.

Minimum requirements are for only 1gb of vram, and given how CryEngine works I doubt just bumping up texture detail would force another 3 gigs of video memory. Unlike Ubisoft (with Watch_Dogs) Crytek know how to optimize their tech.

Minimum:
    Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.8 GHz/ AMD Dual-Core 3.2 GHz or better
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB video RAM
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 26 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel Quad-Core or AMD Octo-Core
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 4 GB video RAM
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 26 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

I see the 4gb requirement being for running the game at 4K with high quality AA applied. For those running at 720 to 1080p I seriously doubt they would use that much video memory.
    And, for all we know, this could be a case were the system requirements are bloated up higher then they actually need to be.

Just have to wait for release.
    But, the game has the misfortune of releasing in October. Alien and Evil Within already have that month from me.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    forget about 4k for now pretty pointless as none here have it.
    8gb cards are here in two - three months it's been reported with custom coolers.
    and remember games have graphics options, you need not to max the game with all the aa and blur effects to use ultra textures.

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Lol, i like how you presume that no one on guru3d has 4k monitors. Have you been in one of the 4k monitor threads? If you had been, then youd know that quite a few people here has 4k monitors ;)

But i guess its like when you drive a ford focus, its hard imagining that anyone else is driving a Ferrari. Aka just because you use 1080p, doesnt mean that everyone else does.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    ok fine so we're all playin in 4k then.
    cheers.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If you are not going 4K why the hell you are thinking about 8GB cards? You must be really silly to game at 1080p with such a GPU.

17. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d is full of rich enthusiasts. It's like a hotspot for rich elitists.. Doesn't mean the other 99.9% suddenly doesn't exist

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you already know i'm silly why else troll me so hard. :banana:

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    4GB will be enough for a long time, at least for 1080P.For 4K+mods(Skyrim etc) you may need a 6GB card.

20. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    (I will preface this by saying that if you are willing to make concessions where detail and AA are concerned, you will probably get better mileage than I did. I like to play with everything maxed and I still notice 'jaggies' at 4K so I do run with some form of AA depending on the performance hit.)

Even 3 high end cards are not enough across the board.

4K is not a good choice for gaming at the moment, if however you are after desktop real estate, it's the best game in town.

Cards with more VRAM won't help you much either, we need more GPU horsepower and that probably isn't going to come this year in any form that will affect performance at 4K.

The investment required is simply not worth it.

I'll say that thousands of dollars later, I am still relatively unhappy with the overall 4K experience.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that SLI is not optional @ 4K, so if a new title does not have a profile (which has been the case on more than one occasion lately and in some cases we have waited months for one to be released), you quite simply won't be playing at 4K.

The upswing is that 4K monitors and TV prices continue to drop quickly, and hopefully, 'King' Maxwell and whatever AMD has on offer will bring us into the realm of 4K with just two cards as opposed to three or four.

Unfortunately, by the time we get acceptable 4K performance on a single GPU, the industry will be waffling on about 8K and the cycle of $10,000 monitor madness will start all over again ;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014