1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX570 & Wattman Settings / Temps Suggestion needed

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by dsr07mm, Dec 29, 2018.

1. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    I have Cooler Master Enforcer case, but used case/cpu/mobo combo which I got from friend are missing some things, backplate on mobo, some smaller metal plates behind so I needed to modify some things and close those holes with for example some small parts of thin fiber which are basically as dust filters and I'm cleaning them. Same thing I did for upper 2 outtake fans and front 200mm intake fan (despite having filter a lot of small dust comes in nontheless). On bottom intake near PSU I do have filter (it's coming with case) and do job fine.

Fact is, I HATE dust more then anything.

[​IMG]

This is gathered for 6 months in room which is near balcon (during summer) on front intake 200m filter.. So you got my point why I needed to make "custom" replacement for dust filters which doesn't come on Enforcer for top and back fans.

So just to be clear I'm not looking to throw money toward PC anymore, just making sure are these temps fine for longer term gaming. On 4770k there is some I assume bad air T4 CM cooler (10c higher then on my evo212 around 3 years ago).

This is after 30-60 minutes of intensive gaming. Is it basically fine ?

[​IMG]

I hate seeing 60c+ on CPU since I never had over 59c on EVO212 butt I can't make upgrades at the moment [​IMG]

[​IMG]

About GPU, I undervolted it by a small margine, to 1.125v. I overclocked it to 1300mhz (core clock), and I set target temp 68c with 2450 RPM max speed which is ~59% fans of max which I can do (3700RPM). But on 65% it's getting loud and annoying without headsets (when I'm not using them), so this is highest RPM that I can go yet I get concerned about temps.

Having everything on mind, is this okay for sometimes even 8+ hours of gaming in temps as these ?

Also extra question just to be sure.

In Wattman, Target Temp is temp (example 68c) when fans gets to the maximum of allowed RPM speed (in my case 2450RPM), while Max temp is what ? Does PC turn off if for some reason fans fails or what ? I don't see point in that case for Max Temp slider..

I assume this is best what I can do to keep temps at 70-72c max ? Also, despite having 68c target, temps are on 70-71c 99% of the time in heavy intensive games.

[​IMG]

2. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Also just to get advice, I changed temps and fan speeds to auto, got into game for 45 mins and I have these results

[​IMG]

So should I go with 50% fan speeds and 75c peak (74c gaming) vs 60% fan speeds and 72c peak (70c gaming).
    +10% fan speeds and noticable louder for -4c during gaming ?

If I would game for more then couple hours per day.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    70°C on CPU and 75°C on GPU is fine. Just yesterday I started Warframe after long time, set everything to max and my OCed RX-580 went to 220W power consumption and 80°C. (Custom fan curve goes for 50% fan speed at 80°C.)