RX480 issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lucaz44, Jan 11, 2017.

1. lucaz44

lucaz44 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR Black 8GB
    RX480 blurry sleep/idle screen

Hello everybody,
    since driver 16.12.1 I begun to have a strange issue with my XFX RX480 GTR Black.
    If computer enters in sleep/idle mode the image becomes white and blurry when I start using it.
    I uninstalled/updated drivers and I reinstalled OS with no changes. (also used DDU)
    The problem is very similar to this video: youtube. com/watch?v=rIzCUPA_Dv8

but in my case the monitor come back to normal after 2 second.

Anyone has this problem or similar?

Thank you in advance,

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. lucaz44

lucaz44 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR Black 8GB
    Still not fixed in 17.1.1 release

3. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    --2 seconds is the default TDR period, so there's no surprise there timing wise. You probably have some record of this in the Windows Event-Log, if you want to check for a confirmation that it's a TDR. (which you're probably just not seeing while the screen is out)

Most likely the card is locking up on coming out of a low power state, Windows stops receiving any feedback from the device and issues a driver-reset. This seems to be pretty common on the new drivers for any cards that have the slightest bit of VRAM instability.

Have several friends who are experiencing this. Your best bet is to see if you can RMA honestly. (That's what the solution has been for them)

4. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    AMD seems to really have trouble with Windows sleep states. A year or 2 ago there was a bug that when your monitor went to sleep it would not come back out of it till you rebooted. It took them over 6 months to fix it. I got so annoyed with it I set a screen saver instead, which I didn't like doing as I leave my PC on most of the time.

5. lucaz44

lucaz44 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR Black 8GB
    Thank you both for the reply.
    I hope that it's not a VRAM issue as you've said; I've seen quite few people talking about this problem by now and this would mean that there are as many video cards with problems at VRAM.
    It's a serious situation