1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    New Zeland? (if i remeber correctly?)
    I just want good experience for You (and other People), and Vega can (Good AIB) provide one :D
    Especially when FreeSync is involved ;)

But if You have 14 days to give it back, then maby You get lucky with Strix after all...

Maddness likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    [​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  4. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Guys, got reference Sapphire Vega 56 for test from friend, who is experiencing black screen randomly when playing games.
    If i didn't touched any voltage or frequency via MSI Afterburner then MSI Kombustor or furmark ended in blackscreen and both fans on cards running at insane speed, then hard reset was needed. But if i moved power limit to -5 everything so far is fine. Forgot to mention card was used for around 6 months for mining, so i guess that's the issue why card is unstable? Any opinions is welcome.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Could be from conditioning, as the miner probably undervolted to keep it cool.

6. G13Homi

G13Homi Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 2x xfx
    is there a bios switch on that model? if so try to boot in the other bios if there.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Best performance Games (Vega in mind)
    Also Vega is doing extremely well in FH3 & FH4 (4xMSAA), BF1 & BFV, SW BF2....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

K.S. and apple020997 like this.
  10. apple020997

apple020997 Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64+waterbl.
    And don’t forget Doom, Wolfenstein 2 and Strange Brigade

OnnA likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Vega64 is good performer, when meets optimisations ;)
    It's not a Big chip either, 380mm2 (im not counting HBM2, cuz' it's VRAM not GPU)
    nV Needs Biger chips (thus more CudaCores etc.) to compete, so uArch in mind Vega is a little better.
    tW in mind nV is the winner (less juice needed).
    Thanks to FreeSync it's an good pick :D

jimpsar likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Conditioning? The card just got used to running at a lower voltage? Do you have any sources explaining whether this could actually happen? These are transistors we're dealing with.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    it happens with CPUs. I had a i7 920 that eventually failed because of the Gibabyte mobo I was using had VRMs that were supplying higher voltage than reported, and my CPU got conditioned to these levels. When I replaced the board, the CPU would fail to run at stock voltage levels. I later spoke to the dev techs at Asus, and they explained the issue to me. It's apparently known to them about the units Gigabyte was using at the time. I also spoke to Intel about it, and they also explained what was happening, and RMA'd the unit for a new one.

15. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    Red Devil Vega64
    Hi and happy new year :) I just tinkered for the fun of it with my Red Devil. Saved the current profile and started from a default setting. So..Now I have changed ONLY the following from WattMan defaults: Power limit -25%, HBM 1100MHz, Memory timing 1 and tweaked fan profile a bit(runs below 2000rpm max).The card runs at 54-55´C and totally acceptable FPS in the simulator IL-2 Sturmovik, from 75 to nearly 200fps depending on scene. Very comparable to the undervolted profile. Comments from the tweaker gurus like Onna? :D

jimpsar and OnnA like this.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    And my happiness is gone.
    My card is dead.
    It wont give video output, fans won't spin and when using the onboard video, I go into the bios and there it says that the PCI-E slot is empty.
    Nice way to start 2019.

I'm suspecing my fucking PSU (Corsair CX850M) is the culprit.
    But, I had a RX 580 and it worked for 6 months, no problem. So, I don't know what to think.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Like always Bro, Practice makes perfect :D
    Im only changing Profiles in OverdriveN Tool, and Playing games.
    This must be done only once, then when it's all set & good -> Gaming :p is all that matters.

Flanker35M likes this.
  18. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    Red Devil Vega64
    @OnnA Thanks for the input. I just never got it to run at 1630MHz no matter what I tried :( I find it funny that the card performs so well even at -25% power limit! In game wattage is 166-170W, which I do not find bad. As default the card draws over 220W in IL-2, so quite a change in my opinion, without a performance loss!

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  20. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega 56
    I'm gonna quote myself so you guys have some context before I start rambling on.

I did manage to flash my Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 with Samsung HBM2 successfully. But, it was not as straight forward as I thought it would be. Last time I'd flashed a graphics card vBIOS was back when I had a 290x. So, AtiFlash for DOS is not compatible with Vega, which I didn't know. And in order to flash my new card I had to use the version for Windows. However, it could not be done through the GUI exe, ATIWinFlash. So, here's what I did in order to flash it, in case this may be helpful for someone else.
    1. Download & extract atiflash v2.84
    2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges and go to the directory where atiflash has been extracted
    3. Run atiflash -i (and here make sure your adapter is 0, and totally ignore the dID field - trust me on this one; this was the reason it took me so long to flash it)
    4. Run atiflash -f -p 0 xxx.rom (where xxx is obviously the name of the ROM file you're trying to flash) (And yes you must use zero instead of the dID of your graphics card)
    5. Wait until done and restart your system
    That's it. Now, I've got the XFX Vega 64 vBIOS flashed into my Pulse from Saphire and I can push the HBM frequencies beyond 950MHz :)

[​IMG]

I did run into a minor issue after flashing, though. Apparenty that XFX Vega card lack the Zero RPM functionality that my Sapphire one came with. When I went looking for it on WattMan (18.12.2 drivers), it was nowhere to be found. So, the walkaround method I've been using is ignore WattMan completely and rely on OverdriveNTool to manage the fan setup of the card.

[​IMG]

Still in the testing/finetuning process, as Vega is a whole new beast to me (my previous card was an RX 580).
    Feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions ;)

And Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.