1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Thx for your answer and those links, they explained a lot.

For me to be sure: What do you mean specifically with "XTX" models? Those are the >watercooled< ones, correct?
    I didn't see any difference from the XTX models to the XT ones, besides XTX are watercooled. Same shader count, same amount of RAM with same specs, just some XTX models seem to clock higher than some XT models (example: Red Devil 64 = 1607 boost, XFX Vega 64 Watercooled = 1677 boost), is that all what differs?

And one question regarding flashing:
    I saw some models listed on ebay as "Vega56 flashed with Vega64 BIOS".
    Does this step make it a real V64 or is it just for the lulz? I know some AMD models from years ago (I think 6850 for example) were able to get more shaders enabled by cross-flashing to the next bigger model (example: 6850 to 6870). Does this work with Vega? Or will I have massive problems when this crossflashed "Vega64" tries to use its "last" 8 ROPs or the TMUs / shaders connected to these ROPs? Any experience? I would say it is dangerous to buy those, as I may suggest AMD did disable these on purpose (short: slightly deflective V64 get cut to fully working V56), but I have no notable experience with current gen AMD GPUs (last AMD I had was a Radeon x1900, funfact: an "XTX model", as the one you recommended me with Vega :D), so I would like to learn about Vega as much as I can to choose by myself what would be best for me (therefore your collection of explanations, examples and links you gave me before is worth a lot to me! Thanks!).

So I am still unsure about if I should choose the Red Devil (2 yrs. warranty are 2 years to be safe if you got the worst piece of a batch) because of its looks, its high speeds compared to other V64 air models (it's the fastest / comes with the fastest "default" clocks from what I have read), has got a nice looking and effective cooler (I like it red and black!), noises (benchmarks) seem to stay in decent levels, one reviewer wrote he switched to Silent BIOS and still may play all games at MAX settings. That sounds really nice to me.

On the other hand a watercooled model would be nice, too. In theory you may OC it higher (if needed at all, prob in a few years from what I read) and with the cooling system "tubed" you may place the fan / radiator somewhere in your case where the hot air may flush out of the case instead of getting blown through your case first (which leads to a cooler system, like this to give you a picture:)
    [​IMG]

You see? ;)
    (Just joking, but you know what I meant, right?)

That's a really difficult decision I have to take here. I am already almost completely away from the thought of getting a GTX1080 or TI and get an AMD this time (I am still pretty messed up on the inside about my GTX970 and the whole f*ckup NVIDIA did on this model and the ignorance of my seller to take it back).

So V64 LC or V64 Red Devil ....?
    LC or RD? RD or LC? .... First world problems .... :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Yup, Vega 64 LC is XTX then V64 is XT and V56 is XL

IMO Best is to have good AIB or XTX or Water Cooled XT (The DiY)
    The Performance is here for sure, GPU will suffice for min. 3-5 Years (You can save for Navi)
    You will see performance Gains non-stop (Vega is new uArch thus they still learning stuff, and many options are not fully utilised yet)

Im not jumping ships anytime soon ;) (Adaptive Synchronization Technology aka FreeSync is Free)
    Also Vega love HDR.

386SX likes this.
  3. Jumbik

Jumbik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 N+
    Hello, I'm new here, my first post. :) I have recently bought Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ and I'm learning my ways around it, looking at udervolting guides and so on.

What I found very interesting is your comment about the DSBR feature that should be in the December update. Where can I find the source for this? How do you know that it will be in the mayor update? I'm very interested in it as it would mean a great deal of performance gain!

Thank you.

OnnA likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    I can't say much, but this is one of many good stuff coming to us in big update.
    Tech Leaks, Rumors, guess, education and a little of good faith :p:D:rolleyes:

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Here FH4 Demo on 2160p 1732/1180 +1% POW (same profile like in AC: O)
    It's worth noting that there are Dips to 48-52FPS (Game don't record this, i saw that on my FreeSync OSD)
    It's Playable but on Ultra (Extreme can be done but with Hefty OC)

Side note:
    We get better FPS when V-Sync in game is set to OFF
    In Adrenalin I have FRT set to 70FPS and chill set to 64-70 (Yes it's working in FH4)
    Also to capture screene on 2160p i need to set Capture Desktop & Borderless Capture in ReliVe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  7. kondziowy

kondziowy Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Nitro LE
    OnnA likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    As always +10-15FPS for XTX or Good AIB (like Nitro+)

[​IMG]

9. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    Vega certainly isn't bad for gaming. But that test was run by AMD. As always take in house benchmarks with a grain of salt.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Im always watching (if don't have the game yet) giantmonkey101 or Matt B Gameplays/benchmarks or runing those myself.
    My 2160p bench is even better than AMD one :D (Extreme/Ultra preset and using FXAA i have 64FPS so not a much of a drop ;))
    Also tested in 4k (Real one 4096:2304) game is playable at Ultra preset.

Wait 10min i will test it again and give you screen (last one not saved lol)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Maddness likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Here (with 5k)
    Also there was no Dips to 47-50 (After today WinX update game is runing better ~5FPS in Lows)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  17. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    One question from my previous post wasn't answered (no offense here, probably just "over-read", so not seen):

Does anyone of you have any experience with "crossflashed" Vega56/64 cards? I saw some on ebay, Vega56's flashed with Vega64 BIOS. Does it enable those ~500 shaders the 56 is missing compared to the 64? What's the sense of doing this or does it pose some risks (if yes, which?)? If it enables those shaders, would you buy one of those if they are massively cheaper than the "real" 64 ones? Say a 56 is available for 399 Euros, the crossflashed 56/64 for 450 and the real 64 for 560. Which one would you buy?

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    386SX likes this.
  19. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    No it does not enable the shaders. It does allow the 56 to perform better.

386SX likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    New Test for 18.9.2 in FH4
    Better Frame Times & almost non-existent stutters :D

1440p setting for Playing game
    [​IMG]

2160p MSAAx2 w/FXAA
    [​IMG]

2160p MSAAx4 no FXAA