RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Off Topic : Just to point out that if you posted the screencap in a public forum, anywhere on the net, you have no rights to the image.
    You basically left it out in a public space. (That is what I have understood, anyway)

A website usually puts a watermark to their own images, to protect them from being reused without permission, but that is a published article, and as long as you quote the source, it can be acceptable.

2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    That's not true, any image such as photos, artwork or in this case screenshots, text or other media content that a person creates and posts wherever it may be holds copyright by default, in the case of on a forum, it clearly shows who posted what and so it's not ambiguous as to who that content belongs to.

With the nature of the internet, sure images and such content are easily copied and quoted etc but should the person later say "stop using my images" or "make sure you show that I'm credited" etc must be respected, otherwise they are well within their rights to take legal action and in the case of Onna reusing the image, it can easily be misrepresented as his own image given that he didn't quote the source (Onna you should get in the habit of citing the sources of your material so you don't get yourself in trouble).

The difficulty with posting media content online however is that almost anyone can claim ownership so thats where the real issue is, that's why watermarks are used to attempt to reduce incidents of plagiarism or false claims of ownership or other misuse of content.

I know this because I've been taking an interest in Photography and had to look up what copyright is and how it is used etc.

3. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    We should really create a new topic on this. ;)
    I'm pretty sure that legally, posting it online on a public forum, is akin to giving it away for free.
    Publishing it to your own Blog or site, is not a Public forum, and may retain the copyright, if stated.

I am not a lawyer in these matters, but the main difference if I understand correctly, is Public posting, or not.
    Someone tried this against Facebook a while back and lost totally, iirc.

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    We probably should.... But it is related to SpecChum

In terms of posting something to public domain, you have to explicitly waive your copyright, the content is still yours unless you say otherwise.

Heck if you put a picture on a tree in a public park with no name etc, Person who made it still has the copyright (it's a default right) unless they say anyone can use it. Again, the problem with not announcing who owns the image in a public domain is it makes it difficult to track who actually owns the copyright as anyone could claim it.

As for Facebook, it's different, US, people who submit content to facebook lose their copyright (it's a bit bullshitty that personal rights in the US can be void so easily) but EU they can't challenge those rights so the owner still has control over their content.

5. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    It's all good :p

It was more the fact that it didn't say "Found this on oc.net" or even just "another user got this"; as there was no text with the image it literally looked liked he was saying "look what I did!" when in fact he didn't, I did.

Anyway, no hard feelings and certainly no action to be taken :D

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    ^^ lol I have Fury ;)
    Sometimes when i find some good things i just Copy-paste like an automate :D :cool:

HK-1 likes this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  8. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    same here lol :p:D

OnnA likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Micro Center will sell you a graphics card at MSRP if it's for gaming instead of mining

As the cryptocurrency craze continues to ravage supply of graphics cards for gamers, some retailers are stepping in to help the situation. Polygon reports that while Micro Center has raised GPU prices to parity with Amazon and Newegg, the store is willing to give discounts on graphics cards if you're buying one for use in a gaming system.

We called three different Micro Center stores across the country and they all said the same thing. First, you must purchase the graphics card along with several other core components: CPU, motherboard, RAM, and power supply. Second, you must have an approval from an in-store manager.

The three stores we spoke to told us that while there are different discounts for different cards, customers can expect either "MSRP or close to MSRP" for graphics cards.
    We're waiting on a call back from an actual store manager to ask for specific discounts but our guess is that approval is required because discounts will vary—maybe even based on the total purchase price of your configured system. If you're buying just a graphics card however, you're going to have to pay the hiked prices.

One representative told us that it might be possible to configure a gaming system through Micro Center's online store and get the discount approved there, but you'd have to pay for it first since it's online, and then call in and have a partial refund given.
    Users in this Reddit thread are discussing the discounts they've been able to secure, with some claiming they received a discount without buying a full rig.

Given that pretty much all retail channels are selling graphics cards for huge price hikes, it's nice to see some retailers implement blocks so that gamers can still buy what they need.
    Both Amazon and Newegg are selling graphics cards for well above MSRP, but right now it looks like Best Buy is still selling cards at either MSRP or close to MSRP. Some cards show out of stock but the ones that are in stock are priced well below Amazon and Newegg.

-> http://www.pcgamer.com/micro-center...d-at-msrp-if-its-for-gaming-instead-of-mining

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-rx-vega-64-gaming-oc-review,5441-3.html

Interesting. :)

So there actually is a (beta) bios update now unlike the earlier situation with the third party Vega GPU's and it seems to help a little bit so maybe AMD will have that available to partners or general download soon?
    (Overclock and lowered power consumption even if it's not by much is still good.)

EDIT: Whoops.

Posted by AMDMatt on:
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31553896/

:)
    (Source and such for articles, trying to keep that included.)

EDIT: And from a quote a bit further down in that thread this is interesting too for this particular GPU model being reviews.

(From the second page of the review. - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-rx-vega-64-gaming-oc-review,5441-2.html )

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    And here:

" Power Consumption at Different Loads
    We measured about 261W during our gaming loop using the driver's Balanced power profile. That's about 20W less than AMD's reference model using its default BIOS. Color us astonished. The BIOS modifications, including AMD's new power table, should work really well once they're made available more broadly. Given identical frequencies, this card's power consumption is very similar to what we measured from Gigabyte's lower-end Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC. Not bad from a Vega 64-class board. "

But with Chill and my setup i will end up in low 200tW park (64-70 Chill)
    Average in some Games will be ~120-150tW and 180-220tW in others.

Now we Wait™ for VEGA_2 :D

12. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Just a price Update.
    I can find 1080's in stock, for 607€.
    1080Ti's for 950-1050€ (no stock).

This is what Vega's are going for, in the same shop.

[​IMG]

Thats a serious amount of Cash!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooo happy I bought one early.

13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    Prices are out of hand ... madness.

Maddness likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su – 30-1-2018 – AMD Q4 2017 Earnings Call

“The GPU channel is lower than we would like it to be. So, we are ramping up production. At this point we’re not limited by Silicon per se, so our foundry partners are supplying us.
    There are shortages in memory and I think that is true across the board whether you’re talking about GDDR5 or talking about High Bandwidth Memory [HBM].
    We continue to work through that with our memory partners and that will be certainly one of the key factors going into 2018.”

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    AMD Sampling 7nm Vega in Q4 2018

In previous roadmaps, AMD stated that it would be using a 14+/12nm process node for an update to its Vega design.
    At the Tech Day, that part of the roadmap no longer existed, and in its place was the announcement of a 7nm Vega graphics processor to be sampled at the end of the year.

This announcement came with a lot of questions, specifically whether 7nm would be ready for Q4 2018.
    AMD clarified its remarks by saying that this product will not be aimed at gamers, but will be a version of Vega specifically for machine learning, and they expect only to be sampling select customers with early silicon at the time.

With a planned sampling in Q4 2018, we might expect volume production to be nearer Q2 2019. This means that the next generation of consumer-focused graphics, perhaps using the newer Navi architecture, will be in the mid-2019 timeframe. According to AMD’s roadmaps, it is committed to demonstrating Vega on 7nm, Navi on 7nm, and a ‘next-gen’ design on 7+ before the end of 2020. Obviously there was no clarification on whether that final design is consumer or enterprise focused for 2020. In our recent interview with AMD’s CEO, when asked if the GPU market will at some point have to bifurcate between gaming focused and compute focused designs, Dr. Lisa Su stated that ‘it must be the case’.

Updates on AMD and RTG

At the time of the event, AMD was in technical limbo, with former Radeon Technology Group leader Raja Koduri leaving for Intel. Since the event (i.e. between the event and the time this is published),
    AMD has reimagined the role and hired two people to fill it: Mike Rayfield will head up the business side of RTG, while David Yang, who used to work for AMD on GPUs, is rehired to take control of the technology side of RTG.

You can read our analysis of these hirings here.

[​IMG]

-> https://www.anandtech.com/show/1223...ealed-with-ryzen-apus-zen-on-12nm-vega-on-7nm

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    So they are saying no new gaming Vega's until 2019. I was hoping for some sort of refresh in the first half of this year.

17. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    AMD is so ****** up right now lol ...

They won't have s.hit until 2020+ I guess my next gfx will be green with no freesync :(

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Im not in a hurry to change anything.
    As for nV you need also invest in G-Sync (it is sad but true, you'll be better with Fury + Freesync than 1080Ti without )
    And we don't talk about benchies but about Gaming :cool:

19. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I expect the "Next Gen" to be a Pro card.
    I think AMD is getting the hang of it now, getting the New Arch out for Pro first, and make them pay for it.
    Derive a "Gaming Focused" card from that for the following year.
    AMD's Tick-Tock, if you will.

20. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    They are having the time of their lives atm at AMD.

I really don't understand the downer.
    i'm not even sure Nvidia has anything for this year either...Not until they can get their hands on a process shrink to 10/7nm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.