RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    I wish i could get my hands on a vega 56, but they seem to have completely disappeared in canada for the most part since they stopped making the ref cards

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I kind of feel that Vega will be the finest of the wines, especially compared to its equivalent Pascal cards, but the prices are too high.

As for the rest, I would be that the culprit is the memory controller and the programming of the scheduler for the simd units.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    I've decided to wait some more ;)
    TBF Fiji is just Great for every Game out there :D
    Don't look into benchies in Ultra -> games just do look Great also on Ultra/High settings (with SweetFX all the way)

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Sadly kinda have to wait anyways. For me, only issue is vram with my Fury.
    2560x1080 even with out AA pushed 3.5gb+ in alot of games. Sometimes BF1 is at 3.85-3.95. And lately crashes alot with newest driver in DX11.

FPS is still quite good. Not near my Fury X, but hey I just want a Vega 56 and Ill be happy as can be for a few years honestly.

5. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    I will stay with my Fury to buying new platform (maybe DDR5, PCIe 4.0). My i5 and Fury still making very balanced set.
    Maybe someday Vega 56 will cost 300 bucks, same as Fury year ago. It was really good deal.
    I don't want to lose Freesync, one of the best PC technology today, just because Nvidia have better GPU (imo 1070 is great choice)

Truder and OnnA like this.
  6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I'm in the same boat, Zen2 and Navi for me I reckon

z8373767 likes this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    or Vega v.2 12nm or NAVI :D

As many said Vega is weak.... no it's not
    It is what it is, and Up-Lift from Fury is like 30-40%, same story was for 290X->Fiji :D
    It's not the Time for ATI to give us 50-100% like in the Good Old Times :rolleyes:

8. kondziowy

kondziowy Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Nitro LE
    I'm debating buying Vega56/64 or 27" 1440p Freesync panel. Until a week ago I thought I need Vega to drive 1440p but now PUBG 1.0 works very nice in 1440p on Fury and I don't know which to buy first. Monitor or Vega. Or both :eek:

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    First Good HDR 600 27" 1440p monitor w/Freesync2 then you'll see....

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Maddness likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Im waiting for Vega 12nm with these:

[HBM2 and GDDR5 data bandwidth calculation]
    -An 8GB HBM2 package’s data bandwidth: 2.4Gbps per pin x 1024bit bus = 307.2GBps
    Using four HBM2 packages in a system: 307.2GBps x 4 = 1228.8GBps = approximately 1.2TBps
    -A 8Gb GDDR5 die’s data bandwidth: 8Gbps per pin x 32bit bus = 32GBps

==
    Samsung’s new 8GB HBM2 delivers the highest level of DRAM performance, featuring a 2.4Gbps pin speed at 1.2V, which translates into a performance upgrade of nearly 50 percent per each package, compared to the company’s 1st-generation 8GB HBM2 package with its 1.6Gbps pin speed at 1.2V and 2.0Gbps at 1.35V.

With these improvements, a single Samsung 8GB HBM2 package will offer a 307 gigabytes-per-second (GBps) data bandwidth, achieving 9.6 times faster data transmission than an 8 gigabit (Gb) GDDR5 chip, which provides a 32GBps data bandwidth.* Using four of the new HBM2 packages in a system will enable a 1.2 terabytes-per-second (TBps) bandwidth., which will improve overall system performance by as much as 50 percent, compared to a system that uses a 1.6Gbps HBM2.

Samsung’s new Aquabolt significantly extends the company’s leadership in driving the growth of the premium DRAM market. Moreover, Samsung will continue to offer leading-edge HBM2 solutions, to succeed its 1st-generation HBM2, Flarebolt™, and its 2nd-generation, Aquabolt, as it further expands the market over the next several years.

To achieve Aquabolt’s unprecedented performance, Samsung has applied new technologies related to TSV design and thermal control. A single 8GB HBM2 package consists of eight 8Gb HBM2 dies, which are vertically interconnected using over 5,000 TSVs (Through Silicon Via’s) per die. While using so many TSVs can cause collateral clock skew, Samsung succeeded in minimizing the skew to a very modest level and significantly enhancing chip performance in the process.

In addition, Samsung increased the number of thermal bumps between the HBM2 dies, which enables stronger thermal control in each package. Also, the new HBM2 includes an additional protective layer at the bottom, which increases the package’s overall physical strength.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    So:
    Vega refresh 12nm
    then -- Vega 7nm --> Navi 7nm

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I just had a look since it's been about a month when I last checked on Vega and yeah, this.

No More Stock listed for even the Nitro model which launched mid-December, Vega is starting to become completely unlisted and removed and there's little to no stock available (As usual.) but the GPU's are being taken down from the websites entirely now.
    No idea what happened, I know AMD stopped first party models (Which after some reading these also had a better Samsung HBM memory on them and these new ones have Hynix which clocks worse.) but that the third party models are just gone is weird.

EDIT: I haven't checked every store here though but a quick check via PriceRunner and PrisJakt which compares across numerous stores shows pretty much the same thing for the models I checked on, just completely gone from most of them.

15. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Only 1100points more?, meh xD

I get 6020-6040 with my 980ti @ 1418mhz boost..

OnnA likes this.
  17. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'm pretty sure that the Consumer Vega will be on 12nm, but the next Pro Vega will be 7nm, apparently with some Architecture enhancements to boot.
    Then, we will get the next Consumer chip, the 7nm Navi.
    That way, it is the Pro users that pay the way for the 7nm shrink, and not the Consumers. :)
    We'll see how it pans out...

-Tj- likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    -Tj- Nv for some time now ~3-4 years is way better in sint. benches ;)
    So no surprise then...

-Tj- likes this.
  19. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    980Ti was a beast of a card in it's day, still looks like it holds up quite well now; I'm not at all surprised it came that close to my Vega 64 result that OnnA posted.

Also, OnnA, if you're going to randomly use someone else benchmarks can you at least say where they're from please - I didn't post that to this forum.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    I'd like it :D
    Also it is good score for Vega....

You can't hide from me :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.