RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Teo_

Teo_ Member

GPU:
    Saphire Vega 64
    Guys anyone here with Saphire Nitro+ vega64 (non Limited edition)?
    I am asking because I would like to replace thermal pads but I am too lazy to take it apart because I have fan modded (2xXPG Vento Pro aka Gentle Typhoon).
    I think I may even skip 7xxx series this card is immortal and really performing at 1080p even in new titles. Lets see what Unreal Engine 5 brings...
    I may download a demo from them to just test the card and upload the results here.
    I just want to replace the pads first and put some arctic silver 5 because this HBM temperature is really nasty as all of you already know...

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    OnnA likes this.
  4. ProjectSam

ProjectSam Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Picked myself up an MI25 , and flashed a wx9100 vbios, there is a mini displayport hidden behind the bracket, around the performance of a rx 6600/2060 with 16gb of vram for 110usd total. Doesn't artifact or crash with the vega FE LC powerplay table, Not too shabby.

edit: for anyone interested, using the emulated rt support provided by the opensource linux drivers, its _almost_ usable, doom eternal with rt enabled on ultra settings at 1080p garners about 28-40fps. also tried the old microsoft dxr samples via vkd3d, and it garners about 200fps(both with 170w powerlmit), by comparison the 6800xt/6900xt gets around 500fps in the same test. better than I expected.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  6. apple020997

apple020997 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    Hey guys and gals, yesterday was the last day of my Vega 64, as I upgraded it to a 7900XT! In my extremely limited testing, it’s 2.5 (Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy), 3 (Assassin’s Creed Valhalla) and 4 (Kena Bridge of Spirits) times faster than my old Vega in 1440p maxed no RT.

I was a bit sad when I permanently removed the Vega after 5 years and 9 months of use, since it was my first real GPU (I had iMacs before my PC) and she made me play some of the best of the best games like The Witcher 3, Forza Horizon 3/4, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and many, many more. Never had a single problem, either driver or stability (except when OC/UVing). She stayed in my rig after 4 CPU, 3 mobo, 2 SSD and one PSU upgrades (not a single broken part, always sold the old one for a really good price to various customers who needed some part that same day).

Attached Files:

Embra and HandR like this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    HBCC has no business on a gaming gpu.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Unless you are playing Starfield :D

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    Maybe in the future it could be useful when system ram gets alot more faster.

In some games even now hbcc enabled showed some improvement.

11. Joel Lehtinen

Joel Lehtinen New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1660
    thanks you have covered detailed information

12. Alastair_S1D

Alastair_S1D Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R6850 Cyclone P/E
    I assume AMD Memory tweak doesnt work anymore on the newer drivers?

13. Alastair_S1D

Alastair_S1D Member

GPU:
    2x MSI R6850 Cyclone P/E
    Does anyone know or have a detailed guide on how to use halsafar's Soft Power Play table editor or know where I can get this Excel power play table editor? Screenshot taken from a you tube video. This Power Play editor seems to make the changes for you on the fly and then at the bottom you can just copy and paste the edited values into your reg.
    upload_2024-2-28_22-55-39.png

14. lazye

lazye New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700XT
  15. Lukke

Lukke New Member

GPU:
    VEGA 64 LIQUID
    hello guys. I have a lot of VEGA 64 LIQUID cards, unfortunately they are not able to handle the stocks VRAM frequencies (945 MHz). I had to force flash VEGA 56 bios (800 MHz), some of them are working, but some need even lower VRAM frequency 700 MHz. If I set it in MSI Afterburner to 700 MHz, everything is working. Can you help me to find the way how to modify BIOS directly to set 700 MHz so no overclock software is needed?
    Is any app useful to mod this frequency into VEGA 56 BIOS to 700 MHz? Thanks a lot for your help! Lukas

16. NickX

NickX New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
    Hey guys, anyone have any clue how to make AMD Memory Tweak XL work with the newest driver or else an alternative to tweak my memory timings on my Vega 56 (Samsung HBM)?

17. VN_VIVIDS

VN_VIVIDS New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 7900
    Cyberpunk 2077 2024 FINE WINE ATI Radeon RX Vega 64 XTX 1780Mhz 1440p AMD FSR3 Frame Generation NEU