RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    yes true. For really fast passed games you need radeon anti lag and it turns off Chill.

But for any other Chill will do fine. Specially single player games.

Games like Worls of tanks do you really need low ltt naaa, War thunder naaa.

Now shotters oh yes, i do remember the old time Unreal turn, I think that was the most fast passed shotter, single shot dead kill gun mode was the best. 1 hit you dead even if it hits on the hair :)

OnnA likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  3. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Sorry for the late response
    Anyway, BCLK OC is good only for benchmarks, cpu bound games like ac origins (i tested at 720p) shown a very minimal increase in minimum framerate from 27 to 32 and +1 avg fps. Worth it? Nope

btw, bios settings are bclk 103.8, auto voltage, spread spectrum disabled, x4 scalar.
    No my cpu is average, trust me when agesa 1.0.0.4 comes out hopefully amd fixes PBO, these cpus are very capable of going +200 mhz

PBO should be on par with your 4.3ghz all core OC if not slightly better. 4.350 sustained might be be better, however 1.35v according to AMD is unsafe (up to 1.325v should be safe) depending on your cooling solution your mileage may vary. I'd wait some report of CPU degradation.
    Ryzen is a strong cpu but this time is 7nm instead of 14 so careful.
    My thoughts is 1.35v is probably fine with good cooling just like 1.42v max was fine for zen+ (instead of 1.38v FIT spec)

EDIT: i thought that you couldn't really fool PBO and this is why i disabled my BCLK oc, i need to further investigate if there's any performance gain at all (1% lows). Ryzen master show that you are not getting over normal speed but with hwinfo effective clocks it is?
    Benchmarks so far score a bit better.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    I have 280mm CM Nepton 280L (one of the best at it's time, and still is strong)
    AFAIK Up to 1.45v (with proper cooling) is safe, just do not cross 75deg. :cool:
    I have (when gaming) about 50deg. average, peak is ~65deg. (Tested in BFV Multi) -> so it's very safe.
    Using Offset at - 0.0625 and Manual OC by Ryzen Master.
    DDR4 OC by BIOS w/100.200 FSB (+1) can't go any more with this BIOS (ABBA).
    Real V at 1.264v --> 1.284v

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Well optimized game.
    GJ Team :D

[​IMG]

6. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    When you see vega 56 at same performance as a 1080 its well optimized.

Have you notice that in Unreal engine with the new drivers AMD gous got a bit more performancec :)

Undying and OnnA like this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ Yup, i told You long time ago that ATI Team make some UE3/4 Internal optimisations.
    Rest is up to developer...
    But im fine with the performance so far, not in a hurry to change my GPU :p (Planing the Arcturus NAVI w/HBM2)
    --- (remember that in DX12/VLK our Vegas are beasts) ---

Note:
    Also we need to remeber that Ultra is for screenshots but V.High/High is for actual gaming (if game is heavy).

8. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Thats true they have been updating the drivers for that engine.

Im with you on the update of the gpu, will only change for something with 2 or 3* performance. Wont go Nvidia hate the drivers software.

Hope that HBCC will still be on the new card with HBM. It makes a diference.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    HBCC, Rapid Packed Math, Defered Render, Primitive Shaders, ACE, FreeSync Optimizations etc.
    It will be for sure and many more new from Navi uArch :p
    Those are great technologies, Im just hoping for some Updates for those also.

The_Amazing_X likes this.
  10. bernek

bernek Maha Guru

GPU:
    VEGA64 / 8GB
    HBCC only gave me trouble in Division 2 in the past ... otherwise didn't see any benefit. Now I'm trying to game at 4K with Vega64 with mixed results ... made 3200x1800 resolution also for the "most" demanding titles ...

What values do you have HBCC set to ? where can I see a real tangible benefit ? Tried in Resident Evil 2 with 8GB textures (vram needed above 13.5 GB) and it still crashed ...

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Those are profiles im using for different Gaming scenarios (for Web i have 4150MHz 4xC 1.118v)

This is FS with 2nd Profile (for BFV mostly) 4300MHz
    Vega @ 1732MHz 1.094v |HBM2 1130MHz 918mV | +1% Pow

-> https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20763096

Note:
    In FS there is a difference of ~1000+ Pts. (CPU side, compared to All core 4300MHz 1.35v)
    But the FPS in the rendering scene is very similar, in gaming this one averages in ~29tW ;) (CPU)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    I have like this.
    NP on my side, i have it On all the time.
    This will use RAM only when Cache is needed (Radeon VII ;))

[​IMG]

13. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Same as me always on. I have it to 16g atm also.

14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    hello,

just registered to the forum and looking for some advice to push my card even more

I have a VEGA64 LC with push/pull rad configuration so no real temps problems here.Benchmarking and heavy gaming in low 50s degC in very worst case scenario and crazy hot Japan summer

My Wattman settings looks like this

https://ibb.co/0BJD7jj

pushing VRAM timings as per the 2nd attachment as well

https://ibb.co/GnjXKT4

My FS score is around 27,000 Graphics score and Heaven 4.0 @1080p around 110fps avg.Not bad but I see my core not boosting higher than 1680Mhz at best and I was hoping for more with this kind of binned GPU taht teh VEGA64 LC is
    now whatever additional Voltage I set the core with, it just doesn't get higher and the card starts to get too hot for my taste.

any tips at what could eb done to break this 1700Mhz core boost barrier or even improve the VRAM timings?

thanks so much

olivier

15. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    You are better then me. Mine crashes at 1725mhz. SO it it auto boost to that clock it crashes.

Just got a crappy one

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ IMO tRAS at 29 is not good. Try 30-31
    You need to remember that Timing Mod + OC = More V on everything.

Try to find sweet spot, IMhO ~1700MHz is still plenty fast (w/Timing Mod).
    We can hope for more, but i don't know if it matters so much (maby for 120-144Hz Gaming*).

*But still most of the games need to lower the settings to High/Medium to get to 120-144Hz (we aren't in that spot yet, Arcturus is the way for Us).

Best performance (all day long):
    1650->1732MHz w/UV (every chip is dfferent).
    1100->1130MHz HBM2 at max 955mV + Timing Mod.
    Done (You're at 5700XT OC level of performance*)

* 27.5k+ in FS that is ;)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Unoptimized as hell ;)
    Please install 19.10.2 Beta for this games (Can give 8-10% uplift)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    RzrTrek likes this.
  18. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    They did send a new driver update with 8% more performance

OnnA likes this.
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    thanks I appreciate the detailed feedback

Dont get me wrong, I love my VEGA and it looks really gorgeous in my rig, its just that I am always pushing for more performance in anything I do:D

I will increase TRas as you suggested and see where it takes me.I think my VRAM is really not too bad considering I can reach stable 1175Mhz in Benchmarking and gaming without crash, its just the core I would like to improve.
    You can see I am at P6 1702@1150mV and P7 1742@1150mV, what would you recommend to do from here?
    Reducing Voltage to generate less heat and prevent throttling?

I dont see in GPU monitoring, Wattman or Afterburner, my Card temp/power constrained with my current OC settings so I might be misleading myself when I just add more Voltage.Is that what you are suggesting with doing UV instead?
    sorry if that has been answered thousands times here but I am still on my learning curve with VEGA I guess
    thanks
    Olivier

OnnA likes this.
  20. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    uv