1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Thank you mtrai. I mainly want something for intensive gaming sessions so I'll start searching based on your recommendations.

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I believe Onna has posted some tables in this tread actually.

OverDriveNTool https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

For intense gaming I would should for something in the low to mid 28k range as most Vega should be stable in that range.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Makes Vega OC look solid. No need to spend extra $$$ on a new card. Just wait on Big Navi

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Faustrecht likes this.
  4. hiveliberty

hiveliberty New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC

5. Daeteria

Daeteria New Member

GPU:
    V64 Nitro+ LC
    Hi all! I've been following this thread for a while now and've got some good inspiration. Never posted anything before but now I've finished some modding of my own I'd like to share with you all, so here goes.

So, I've owned a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ since January 2019 I think (swapped in from a Vega 64 Strix I bought last autumn) and have enjoyed tweaking it. I had been thinking about liquid cooling the card for some time, and now finally went forward with a conversion idea -- strapping in a Corsair H115i Pro I previously used on my CPU while retaining the Nitro+'s backplate and VRM cooling.

Here's the end result!
    [​IMG]

More images from the project with additional info can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/u96RPWA

All in all, the mod wasn't that difficult to make and the results are really nice. As stated in the imgur post above, I've now been running the card at
    • Core @ 1630MHz / 1010mV / +0% power
    • Mem @ 1111MHz / 945mV (with modified timings)
    • Fan profiles are customized as pretty silence-biased (600 to 900rpm usually). The pump speed is in the middle position (can't remember the name).
    • During gaming the power draw usually varies from 100 to 250 watts depending on the load (1440p/144Hz monitor), with core temps hovering between 40 - 45C. The HBM temps are usually 2C higher. Absolute max temps I've yet seen with these settings have been 51C core, 53C HBM after extended periods of 100% GPU load.
    I really like how this one turned out in the end!

Cheers, Daeteria

6. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Hi guys. Does 19.7.3 and 19.7.4 driver still carry the performance downgrade of 19.7.1?

7. acerimmeh

acerimmeh New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix Vega 64
    Hi guys, I have the Asus Strix Vega 64 OC on water. I have the power limit to 150% but I have never seen it go above 330W. I have P7 set to 1752Mhz @ 1200mV the HBM is set to 1200Mhz @ 1000mV. My temps under load sit mostly at 34C and peak at 37C on the core & about 5C more on the HBM. But I never get close to 1700Mhz, mainly sits between 1550Mhz & 1640Mhz depending on the gaming title. I think if I could give my card more Watts, I would crack 1700Mhz+, which is why I applied the soft power play table mod. I downloaded one recommended for the LC edition or for good cooling solutions. I have tried about 3 or 4 other power table registry mods, including following Buildzoids video. Nothing seems to push the card past 330W, including countless variations of HBM & Core voltage & frequency.
    The Strix Vega 64 has a non reference board so I am concerned flashing the Vega 64 LC bios may damage my card, and I have found no examples online of anyone who has done it, or attempted to. That's why I have not done that particular mod.
    My PSU is the Corsair HX1000i, CPU is R5 2600 @ 4200Mhz & MB is Asus Strix X470 Gaming -F. Oh and I have the Vega's bios switch on P mode (performance mode 260W TDP) & I have two separate PCI-E 8 pin cables to supply power to the card.
    Any suggestions to why the soft power play table mod isn't working would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  9. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Let me guess , unreal engine

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Seems to be broken on AMD cards.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  13. kondziowy

kondziowy Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Nitro LE
    LOL Radeon Team dropped the ball multiple times this month. Whole team on vacation? You actually don't need more than 30fps to play(watch) Beyond Two Souls but come on...

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    From Lisa Su to Us :D

[​IMG]

15. Add1ct

Add1ct New Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56 - Nitro+
    @OnnA Hey man, so I recently upgraded my windows from 1809 to 1903 and my Vega 64 Soft Power Play Editor program is no longer working! Every time I modify a power play table and try to save it, it will just close the program with no saving. Do you have any information on how to fix this? or do you have any pointers on what I should do for this? I have the best Graphics Score of any recorded Vega 56 officially on 3DMark and I am trying to continue my modifications to truly push the card, without damaging it!

16. Add1ct

Add1ct New Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56 - Nitro+
    https://imgur.com/a/svtSchV -- 3dMark FireStrike Score for my Vega 56 Nitro+ Non LE, with CPU-Z, GPU-Z and HWiNFO64 pulled up for stats.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Try to Import Your PP_Table in OverdriveN Tool (im using it that way)
    Should work.

Soft Power Play Editor don't work for me either ;) (UPD. It's working now)

-> https://github.com/halsafar/Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor

Here (solution :p):

"I had the same problem, then i copied, everthing under
    C:\Program Files\GtkSharp\2.12\bin*
    to the same folder with Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor.exe, then it worked, ugly but works, i am sure there is supposed the be more elegant way for this."

Note:
    Mem VID change do nothing, tried to up mem V to 1.375mV from 1.356mV
    And still it's not changed.
    This can be helpfull with MemTiming Tweak, to have better 3Dmark scores :eek:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Vega56 is such a little beast. Seeing it at 220Eur already makes me wanna get one. Nice score man.

OnnA likes this.
  19. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    With a nice powertable you can get it to almost 28k , its a great card I will get one when they drop a bit more used :)

OnnA likes this.
  20. Add1ct

Add1ct New Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56 - Nitro+
    @OnnA I can't I just imported them all and it still didn't work. So I guess, I am screwed for now. Can you do me a favor? Or someone... Please...
    I need a Power Play Table made, Here are the settings I need, Set the Mem VDD to 1250, GFX VDD To 1250, Set The highest Graphics Clock to 1772, Then 1752. Set the Power Limit to 300% and that should be good, If you could do this for me so I can use it I would greatly appreciate it! It only takes a few minutes!