RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    That GPU was selected from 5 Avaible XTX in the store :p
    I have the Best one....
    Any UV is great for Vega, start with 1.175v then go to 1.150v then 1.137v
    Test with WHQL, because it will not freeze.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Master Guru

GPU:
    SapphireNitro V64
    lol.. dont feel bad. Like OnnA said is got a XTX chip which are binned to begin with then was able to pick from 5 for them. I have a Sapphire Nitro+ highest I can go is P7-1732mhz @ 1.2v with 50%PL. I can push 1752mhz @ 1.25v with 90% PL. But thats way to much heat and power for a few fps. UV/OC is my daily driver. P7-1712mhz@ 1.10v with 50%PL, never goes over 65c and runs on avg. 1-3fps less than 1752mhz. What you have to remember also is that no two chips are the same. You can put 10 cards with the same settings and all will give you different clocks. My card gives me an in-game clock thats about 70mhz lower than my P7.(1640-1645mhz) But I've seen guys use exact same settings and give only 40mhz less than P7 or in some cases worst at 80mhz less.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    bernek, Undying and OnnA like this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Now we've got new King in Town :D
    The Navi !!!
    Im so tempted to get AIB Sapphire when it hits the market, but then again i will have to buy Big Navi next Year.
    So i will stick with ZEN2 and my Vega need to hold on (Easy IMO) until next summer time :cool:

4. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    Not two chips are alike ... I agree but I've got a a limited edition from Sapphire that is less than mediocre imho ... this particular GPU should have been in an Asus Strix or xxx whatever.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

jimpsar likes this.
  7. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 Guest

It appears I can't get my card past 1702mhz @ 1.1v/1000mhz @ 1.1v on a 50PL. I am on a standard Sapphire with a Morpheus cooler. I am back and forth about whether or not I should try flashing to the LC. I rarely get the card past 60C so I feel like I should be okay in terms of cooling and I am running the card on a 1000w PSU. Any thoughts? Thanks!

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    If so then Leave one BIOS at default.
    Then Test & Play some games w/HWinfo64 in background.

Should be fine if cooled right.
    Greets :D

9. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 Guest

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

11. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 Guest

Thanks again OnnA.

Any vega owners have input on best practices around flashing to LC?

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Just be careful of actually locked bios...as it might be a one way flash. But I found the normal bios non LC to be better for performance since the throttling has an extra 10 degrees to work with.

You can just actually use the soft power play table to set it up vs flashing and it works better

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Solid Performance (VLK is great):
    it's another game where Vega LC is just Great !
    19.7.2 was used for this test.

PS.
    As for poor Fury performance, don't worry and lower the textures to High then you'll have 980Ti performance easy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  14. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I'm looking at all these LC version is this non OC ? what is the clock of the LC vega64 card in these benchmarks ? Is it worth I get an LC for my Sapphire Vega64 ?

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You're asking difficult questions ;)
    My advise is to do Your own research, then decide.
    IMO it's aways better to have Good cooling, then Flash to LC can be beneficial even more.

Best for Gaming (tW in mind)
    1650--->1750MHz
    and for HBM2 Up to 1130 but with low V max up to 931mV & 0%POW, thanks to this You're Gaming at max up to 264tW (Unlocked FPS in mind) -> That is OK by me.
    300tW+ is what i dislike ;)
    +50% POW condition get you at 325tW lol or more, then is really better to get 5700XT :D

Im using 1668Mhz/1100HBM at 1.094v & 912mV for BFV.
    And it can maintain 71FPS Flat at mixed Ultra/High TAA Low + HBAO

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Actually just don't as I did it one of my bios switches and it turns out it was locked so was never able to re flash to another bios. Another drawback is the thermal throttle temp is 10 degrees lower. Just use a softpowerplay table it does the exact same thing as flashing a bios. That is how I achieves most all of my high Vega 64 graphic scores and I was using the middle bios since it was still stock.

HandR likes this.
  17. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 Guest

I am not privy to the softpowerplay table. Could you enlighten me or provide some links/How-Tos. I'd like to know more.

18. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 Guest

On a lighter note, I tripped my UPS overload function while playing PUBG last night. lol! I believe my Vega was pulling around 320w at the moment via 1702mhz @ 1.2v @ 50PL. So tonight, I am going to plug my PSU cable directly into my wall and hopefully can experience continued play with my Vega ;)

19. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    There are several tools to create a soft power play table.

OverDriveNTool

Vega64SoftPowerPlay Editer ( My personal Favorite as you can change a lot more important settings.)

Then I use AMD Memory Tweak to tighten the memory timings. OverDriveNTool is built into this tool.

All are easily searchable. We have threads here. I would start with OverdriveNTool as a beginnner and move up Vega64SoftPowerPlay Editor as it is much more advanced.

What it does it create a registry entry for windows. The Vbios is only used to boot the GPU...then passes control of these functions to windows via a registry entry. I mean the vbios does have some other uses, but the point here is control of these settings is passed off to windows, other tools lets such as MSI afterburner can change settings as well via a different method.

For me to hit over 29k graphics firestrike graphics score I pull 350 watts to get it there. Also have to tighten the HBM memory timings a lot to get there as well. Not an everyday usage but of course for getting the top score no one cares if it is stable. I do however have other profiles I would use for daily use, and then several bench ones and power tables.

Also keep in mind everyone's gpu is different so you can only use someones else softpowerplay table as starting point and would want to find one less extreme then mine. Onna has posted so more tame in threads here.

I am on a 5700 XT with mod cooler now...my Vega 64 is sadly sitting on my keyboard tray on my desk.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    OnnA likes this.
  20. doctacarta85

doctacarta85 Guest

Thank you mtrai. I mainly want something for intensive gaming sessions so I'll start searching based on your recommendations.