1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Guys, rx5700xt oc will beat all your vega cards :p

3. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    A rx5700 I bet it will beat the Vega LC. With a water block will go over 2000mhz

4. Mr. Sunshine

GPU:
    Vega 64
    lol... yeah,yeah. No but really. AMD should be putting out a card that a least 1.5x the performance of a Vega 64. I think what people get frustrated about is AMD dragging there feet and getting crub stomped by nVidia when their is no reason for it. I mean if the math hold up for the RDNA/RX5700XT then a full core GPU should put up the same numbers as a 2080Ti. So why not release it?

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    "So why not release it?"
    It's not ready, besides 7nm Node is not much cheaper than last 14nm one.
    You pay more for wafer but you get more chips out of it, 14nm You pay less for wafer but You have less yields.

But i don't believe RX 5700XT can not be priced good for us customers e.g max 379€ with 5700 at great 299€.
    But we can expect price drops on release, because of nV super.

5700XT from 449€ to 399€
    5700 from 379€ to 329€
    ^^ If so, it will be worth considering for ATI Fan base (especially for GCN1/1.2 & Fury/Polaris owners)

6. Morax

Morax Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RX Vega 64
    I've been testing and tweaking my Asus Vega 64 Strixx off and on lately 'getting to *know* the card', and will share overclocks and undervolts later.

But how did Hilbert get 39fps in The Division 2's 4K@Ultra performance review with this card? I only get 33fps with mine, and that's with overclocks! Sure I have a Ryzen 2700X, but I don't think it would make a 20% difference at such a high resolution.
    So what am I doing wrong then? Memory latency? My modules operate at C14@3066MHz, which is the tightest I can get them to, but I don't think that would make such a huge difference either..

My 3D Mark scores are rather close or better than HH's, so any ideas here?

7. Mr. Sunshine

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Listen I love AMD I've only built one Intel/nV rig in the past 15 yrs so dont think I'm hating... but thats my point. Why isnt it ready? You've had two years to get the architecture refined. They do this all the time. They did it with GCN (Vega&Radeon7) with crap releases/driver issues. This is why they are always behind the 8 ball when competing against nVidia. They play it safe too often. Instead just go for the win. Dump a crap load of $$$ into R&D, retain some talent by letting them have freedom to create and go for it. Tell the bean counters that if you want nVidia/Intel head then get out of our way. And if you cant figure it out yourself then just look at what your rivals have done, copy it and do it better.

I mean theres blood in the water. Team Green didnt have an answer so they "super sized" what they had out already. Intel just stole have your talent to compete and you let it happen. That could have been avoided. They are going in the right direction(navi,Zen2) but need to push to go big.

OnnA likes this.
  8. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    a little off topic but.. anyone who uses HWiNFO are having misreading gpu clocks from VEGA 64 on newer versions?

v6.02-3670 works fine, anything newer I got crazy gpu Core Clock readings (like 1780mhz), p7 set to 1667Mhz.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Yup, something is odd
    Mine shows (in The Sinking City) 1650MHz at 1.019v
    I've set it to 1612MHz 1.025mV (so it's way off iMO)

UPD.
    6.2.3670 working ok

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  10. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Mine never show the correct vram, its a 4g card and I can get 8g vram used lol

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    With Super and without Vega XTX & OC/UV....

[​IMG]

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Vega 56 & 64 is still good Purchase :cool:
    V64 can be snached for less than 400€...

[​IMG]

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    2060 super is a better buy than V64. Rx 5700 must be competitive or we are screwed.

The_Amazing_X likes this.
  14. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    If rx5700 is compatible with my accelero extreme 4 will buy it. Vega is not so will have to get a nitro or something.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD

16. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    There is on amazon a vega 64 for 290£ from gigabyte. I dont want Nvidia I dont have nothing vs them, just those drivers horrible layout.

Just found a V56 nitro+ with 3 8pin connector is this like the best v56?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  17. Mr. Sunshine

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Its really a wash. I mean that graph is based on a stock Vega64. If you UV/OC the avg.frame rate would be higher and a better deal. On top of that the 2060 super is reaching its limit clock wise. And it performs about the same as a 2070.... which is in the same park as a Vega64.

Also I saw that Sapphire to register a bunch of cards. All the way to a 5950XT hopefully thats the top tier card we've been wanting.

5700XT-40CU
    5800XT-50-60CU?
    5900XT-60-80CU?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~

Tbh if AMD undercut nvidia that much with the 5700 cards it would be quite insane. Considering 5700XT is really close to 2070 S

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    It's not the point, the point is nV inflated prices (like Intel) and then ATI jumped in into this unethical parade!
    They try to sell You small chip (aka 'For the masess' or Polaris like) for big bucks, that's unfair for their fan base.
    Majority now will buy post-mining Vega or Pascal -> Job done no revenue for nV or ATI this year :( (that is not wise IMO)
    The Navi or Turing Tech is Fine but overpriced too much.

5700XT (Big 'Polaris replacement for the masess' or RX 680) 349€ max
    5700 (or RX 670) 249€ or even 199€
    5600 (or RX 660) 149€ or 99€ for PCIe Pin less (75tW)

People are not learning History lessons the it repeats it mistakes, and they Pay for it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Well sure the prices are quite high. But when you go too low vs competition it also creates an image of cheap brand. Which is not good.