1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    1440p Is the Present & Future way to go.
    Try to find some good Sammie or Iiyama (others are great also) and best is to have IPS LED with 8Bit or 10Bit w/HDR.
    It's one time buy for many Years to come -> Quality is what You need.
    Read reviews and make up Your mind in Q Direction (If not now, then save some more $)

-> https://www.samsung.com/levant/monitors/c27hg70/LC27HG70QQMXZN/

or older model
    -> https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...ming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/

==
    https://www.newegg.com/pixio-px275h-27-wqhd/p/0JC-0081-00030

Note:
    My Monitor is not supa-great in todays standards but it has:
    Q, IPS, 10Bit & FreeSync at Best 30-74Hz range and the Picture Quality is just Great !

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  4. bernek

bernek Maha Guru

GPU:
    VEGA64 / 8GB
    This applies to Vega64 and the latest drivers ?

What is a good recommended OC to try on my Vega64 Sapphire Nitro+ ? currently is at 1630MHz (default and Turbo set in drivers if it matters).

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    You must try & test by Yourself.
    Every chip is diffrent, so no shortcut.

Best is to have 1.094v with 1668MHz and HBM2 at ~1080->1120MHz 943mV up to 975mV.
    Pow at +1% up to +12% (or with -5% for 'light' games)

6. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Still that old engine. dont know how you can criple AMD cards that much. really dont know how they do it.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    That game needs some strong optimisations ;)

[​IMG]

8. bernek

bernek Maha Guru

GPU:
    VEGA64 / 8GB
    Wattman is the way to go ? MSI Aferburner ? I'm just curious which one is more precise and sets the input correctly. I hate messing with one that nobody uses so thats why I ask ...

I've tried several combinations but if I leave memory at 1100 (wattman default when I go in custom OC) the cards doesnt want to go above 1592 mhz... did some tests sometimes I need more power to get above 1600 ... either this card is terrible overclocker or I'm doing it wrong ...

It is still a Sapphire Nitro+ it should go a little further ?!

I test using Superposition Extreme at 1080p maybe that is the problem ?!

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Like OnnA said every card is diffrent. I spent countless hours tweaking and learning my card. And it varies from say OnnA's card. His runs great at low voltage where mine needs more power than his but still OC/UV well I feel(P7-1722mhz @ 1140mv/ 1125mhz HBM @1000mv). Start with HBM find your max then start tweaking core with 10mhz jumps. Most core will do P7 of 1696-1732mhz @1094-1115mv some do more some less. I like 3dmark StressTest FireStike Ultra. Pushes the card more than most games but not crazy over the top. I get a Hot spot of 88c in the Divison2 after about 1-2 hours of game play where FSU get Hot Spot to 92c in 20 loops. So I feel is a good test of extremes

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    WattMan + OverdriveN Tool & some AMD Memory Tweak (once after log in).
    WattMan = Set to custom w/Manual V
    Then only change Profiles in OverdriveN Tool or only use MemTweak for that :cool:

11. geronimo666

geronimo666 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56
    @OnnA,
    why use OverdriveN tool and AMD Memory Tweak? I still don't get this part :confused:.
    I've been using only AMD Memory Tweak for the past few days to try underclocks/undervolts/OC.
    wattman at default and custom.
    rgds

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    For me is fast and reliable.
    Two clicks and i have my OC for various gaming scenarios.
    Not every game needs 1700MHz ;)

Thanks to AMD Memory Tweak i can Play AC:O at 1668MHz now (was 1717MHz)
    Yes i can say that Gameplay (Ultra/High) is smooth (almost) as butter.

13. geronimo666

geronimo666 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56
    you didn't understand me maybe. I'm wondering why use both, why not just AMD Memory Tweak when it has all the tweaks from OverdriveN tool + more? Em I missing something here :confused:?

I actually didn't use at the end any OC cos the temp go very high and gain is very little or none at least at the stuff I tested.

my vega 56 has default factory core at 1622. as I see it it's really hard to cool them when OCing and adding W.
    rgds

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ^^ It's faster and have rollout Profiles for fast switching
    IM using Mem Tweak only to load my Timings.

geronimo666 likes this.
  15. Cplifj

Cplifj Member

GPU:
    290X
    Yes, The Vega XTX is a beast, i just use the wattman undervolt option, and it boosts into 1800-1850 MHz range all the time since a few drivers back when undervolt got introduced. In any game.
    Still wondering what it might do on oc , but i'm happy as is, don't feel any need to go looking for more oc. Those days are behind me.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Some new Features comes to Vega, Polaris & Vega 2 :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MaestroBayten likes this.
  17. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    So e vega 56 in 2 years will still be relevant, I do use the RES scale on games that have the option, or superscale option in drivers to allow my 1080p to do 1440p. for example war thunder stable fps at 1440p and it does look better.

18. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
  19. bernek

bernek Maha Guru

GPU:
    VEGA64 / 8GB
    Ok got stable at 1150mV from 1200mV that is not really a good result. I made a custom power table from my bios and now I'm stuck at memory timings trying to figure them out.

Card runs at 65-70 temperature and the clocks I've seen are all above 1600 mostly in the 1620-1640 range ... consistent in 90% of the games that I play it only goes lower if my FRTC is achieved and GPU utilizations goes lower. It's quite beautifull to see that in modern games when you know you still have horsepower left and game is already on ultra/high.

I've tried to give more power (100%) from PP tables and left p7 at 1200mV and tried to go to 1700 MHz but crashed I guess stable would be around 1660-1680 MHz for core but at higher power and 1200mV its not a "real" gain I just generate too much heat for lets say 30-40 MHz at best.

So I've decided unervolting is the way for me but I only have it stable at 1150mV at 1100mV I think it crashes in games (display driver).

With HBM only got it to 1075 MHz even if its Samsung and quite a lot are stable at 1100 MHz for HBM. What about the timmings there is no "easy" way for this also right ?

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Some games are more sensitive to HBM2 OC, some less.
    Good idea is to have 2-5 OC Profiles with different settings (I'm using ~4-6 Profiles for gaming)