RX 7900 XTX Halo Infinite RTSS overlay Issue

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Pixsik, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Pixsik

Pixsik New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    I found a strange bug in Halo Infinite when using RX 7900 XTX, RTTS OSD doesn't display anything with Raster 3D as the rendering mode, Vector 3D works fine though.

I have no issues with the excact same RTSS overlay configuration with any RTX GPU or RX 6000 GPUs.

I've tried to change neraly every possible setting in RTSS but nothing works.

Halo no overlay.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023 at 8:56 PM
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    default hooking level is not medium

3. Pixsik

Pixsik New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Low to High hooking makes no diffrence, overlay is still not showing anything when Raster 3D is set as the rendering mode

As I said I've tried to change every setting in RTSS which I can think of and the issue is only for RX 7900 XTX, any other GPU works just fine, like RTX 4070 Ti from the screenshot below.

halo overlay.jpg

4. Davydbm

Davydbm New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900XT
    Hi there! Same issue here but with a 7900 XT.
    Just upgraded from a 5700 XT and RTSS was being showed while playing Halo without issues.
    I've read some forum saying that enabling "Custom Direct3D support" in a Halo profile might solve it. I've tried but it seems RTSS has no permissions to acces the required folder.

I've tried with 4.6.4 Stable (Final) and with 4.6.5 (Beta 4). On other games RTSS shows as usual.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

And one more time: I have no 7900 card to comment any driver bugs specific to this GPU family.

6. Pixsik

Pixsik New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    You can download Halo Infinite Multiplayer for free from Steam and then you can try "Custom Direct3D support" but from my testing it won't work. The game will crash on startup with "Custom Direct3D support" enabled.