Rx 580 stutter on warzone with latest driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ramthegamer, Nov 5, 2021.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have this issue and it hasn t been solved yet, the only driver that lets warzone run without microstutter is 21.2.3 released feb 2021, any other driver is making rx 580 microstutter in warzone, what the heck is wrong with amd, these things would never happen with nvidia, i have owned an nvidia card all my life, never had issues with drivers not working or stuttering a game, amd has issues......

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Compare your performance to his. Only difference is the cpu.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It s not that, yeah he s getting fluctuation all over the.place, i don t get that, for me any driver but 21.2.3 brings me microstutter with 95-100 fps

4. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    1 - ddu
    2 - install new drivers

check results.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Did that mate, still same

6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I'm almost finish my testing. I'm noticing some micro stutter as well, my fps stays around 50-60fps with some micro stuttering , but its not bad at all. on my 570 8gb at everything high settings which is max i believe.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yeah there s annoying microstutter with high fps for me, unplayable

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Alright here's some videos. Sorry for the delay , had to make a page. Haven't been on youtube in years, was using crap dailymotion ( hate that site ). Anyways, As you can see, i really don't have any problems using both computers and using the RX 570 or W5500. But the Enterprise pro driver 21.Q3 is the best so far(overall) i use that on my RX 570 instead of the Adrenalin driver, even though the Adrenalin driver works just fine as well. I'm not getting any 100fps with both cards, probably because i have the settings at max. But again no problem running the game on my rx 570 and damn sure not on my w5500 which is about 15% faster.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yeah i ve done the optimizations, it s a mix of high ,and low and taax2 as recommended

10. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well if 21.2.3 is working perfectly with it, i would continue to use that. I honestly don't see any difference between any of the newest set of Adrenalin drivers. The enterprise pro driver works great with my RX 570 8GB though. I set everything on max, but render resolution to 100%. I also force to 2xEQ+supersamping , works well.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How do u force that? The taax2 is just atrocious in this game, too much jaggies

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you tried the UWP drivers?

I don't even bother installing new drivers any more after trying the UWP drivers, I'm just using v30.0.13001.3012 driver and the radeon settings that windows store installs with it, honestly some of the smoothest gaming I've had on my pc.

I don't have cod, I've played CS:GO, BF4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Minecraft with these drivers and it's all been smooth.

[​IMG]

13. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Must not play many games if you've never ran into Nvidia having driver issues. 2yrs ago Nvidia had some pretty subpar releases and a number of issues in a few games, they still have issues with a few games. My wife is an Nvidia user and I'm AMD so I get to see it from both sides, also latest drivers with my 6800XT and war zone work great no issues so it might be a card specific issue with the driver

14. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    UMP drivers are deprecated and will no longer be updated

15. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    From the screenshots, just go to the AA settings and click on override and change it to whatever. I'm using 4xeQ. I went back to using 20.Q3 , an older set. They still give the best performance, i just can't play watch dogs 2 on it. I recommend anyone using a radeon pro card to use the 20.q3 because not only is the performance better in games but also i notice the video quality/colors are better looking. But that's just from what i gather in testing, etc.

older driver doesn't mean bad, so whatever driver that works with COD warzone for you, keep using it. But having a rx 570 myself, enterprise 21.q3 is the best, even though the adrenalin driver i really don't have any issues in games with them. Good luck.

Attached Files:

ramthegamer likes this.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    21.2.3 is giving me an error, : the system has detected a link failure, display port or the cable... weird

17. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    So is everything fixed now? so the drivers you were using before isn't working anymore?

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It is working, 21.2.3 but gives me this error notifications, i don t understand

19. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    This is how i uninstall and reinstall drivers.

#1Open up Msconfig
    #2 Click on boot menu, click safe boot
    #3 Uninstall AMD software from Control panel
    #4 Restart
    #5 Once in safe mode, use the amd uninstall unity , its going to ask you to restart, restart
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

#6 once you get back to your desktop, install the drivers and always click on factory restart, restart the computer and the drivers should install once you get back to the desktop. Once finish, restart again and there you go. That's how i do it, no problems.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Have you tried clearing out your Windows install with disk clean up? Deleting everything?