1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX 580 issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Sirchadwick, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Sirchadwick

Sirchadwick New Member

GPU:
    Xfx rx 580 gts xxx
    Hello everyone new here. I built a gaming pc back in July and decided to upgrade from a r9 280 to an xfx rx 580 xxx. I already had the latest drvers from amd and the card was doing well. After i turned the computer on yesterday i noticed some strange lines flickering on the start screen and black screen flicker in google. So I decided to run witcher 3 to see what else was being affected. Well didnt go over so well. The game was completely unplayable do to the picture flashing a black screen constantly. I am at a loss as to what could be the problem, tried all the steps amd and xfx support suggested and nothing works. I am hoping someone has encountered this problem and can give me some help. I tried some other games and it seems to only be a problem with witcher 3. I ran furmark and valley benchmarks and the card did fine. I just hope its not a bad card. Thanks for any feedback would be very appreciated.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Check display cable.

3. Sirchadwick

Sirchadwick New Member

GPU:
    Xfx rx 580 gts xxx
    Changed it already. After working with it some more I found something very interesting. The card will only display properly at 1080p. If I increase the resolution to anything else it starts glitching. I wish I could post a video to really show whats happening. All games even benchmark software is doing it now. As soon as the gpu is put under load the screen starts rapidly flashing black and will alternate losing signal to the monitor. I just decided to start a replacement order with Amazon will just have to pay the shipping on return. I can get by with the r9 280 for now and hope I have better luck with the replacement. I will say that I was extremely pleased with the sapphire card just wanted something with more vram and power.

4. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Active Member

GPU:
    rx 480 4g
    Things to do

1 - run DDU in safe mode
    2- instal Drivers
    3- if still with problems change cables
    4 - Try a diferent PSU
    5 - Try a diferent PCI exp slot
    6 - Use another PC that you can put yor card in
    7 - if you still have the problem
    7.1 - RMA if new
    7.2 - if used remove the cooler clean it very well check toturial online
    7.3 - change the Bios it can solve some problems.

Hope this helps.