RX 570 Wattman & BlackScreen Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by obe00, Feb 14, 2020.

1. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    Hello guys,
    Almost 1 months ago I buy a system. My system like this:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 12nm (rv2)
    GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX570 4GB
    PSU: 500W Silverstone Strider 80+
    SSD: Kingston Fury 480GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte S2H B450M

A few days after I bought this computer, I started to experience freezes.
    My computer continues to run, but "No Signal" appears on the monitor and the black screen appears. (Then I have to restart the computer.)
    I have not encountered such a problem while playing games.
    I usually have such a problem while surfing the internet. It is not clear when it will happen.

SO:
    When I researched on Google, I saw hundreds of similar problems.
    I don't know why such a faulty video card is being released.
    What's the solution? I don't know it either. I couldn't find a clear solution on the Internet.
    Some say the video card is problematic, some say it is software.

I have tried several of the older driver versions; however, the problem continues.
    If you have a similar problem and can find a clear solution, please let me know.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  3. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Give it about 3 days to try that driver version to see if it will crash for you... reply back if it does.

5. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    thanks, I will let you know

KissSh0t likes this.
  6. DukeNuk

DukeNuk Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Nitro+ LE
    had similiar problem when overclocking my Ryzen and ram. have you changed anything in BIOS?

7. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    problem still continues

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Pre-adrenaline 19.12.1 is what I would start with, going with the very early 19.7.5 would also be a possibility but that's more for the Navi black screen problems and for a 500 series GPU if it is driver related chances are it's the Adrenaline 2020 drivers that is causing the issue due to regressions for several Vega and Polaris GPU users. :)

That means all drivers 19.12.2 and newer up to the latest 20.2.1 driver too.
    19.11.3 can also be used as 19.12.1 has bugged OpenGL support should you need to use this API for certain software.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-1
    this first.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-3
    or this for OGL.

Clean the previous driver out, if you're going with DDU and are on a AMD chipset also verify you didn't remove the chipset driver too in the process of running this utility. :)

They're the same for the 300, 400 and 500 series motherboards and Zen, Zen+ and Zen2 CPU's so:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

2.01.15.2138 from January 16th.

Haven't used DDU, logging and such would confirm if it does indeed wipe the chipset driver or not but just in case there it is if you need it after running Display Driver Uninstaller. (I've seen mixed reports on this.)

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Also if required disable browser hardware acceleration though I think that's another regression from Adrenaline 2020 and it should be a driver crash not a full on display loss and GPU shutdown though it could be both at worst but yeah the driver situation, not very good currently though also quite random so it's getting there but I'd avoid 2020 (19.12.2 and on.) until AMD and other users and reports fully confirm it's fixed whether that's 20.2.2 or later. (Hopefully not too late they kinda need to fix this by now especially whatever major problem could have possibly lead to breakage backwards on older architecture that should have been tested before the driver was launched.)