Russian army 'tests the father of all bombs'

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JACK4HIRE, Sep 12, 2007.

1. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
  2. Alphabet

Alphabet Banned

GPU:
    Gainward 8800gtx
    the more bombs the better.

3. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Now, that's some really good bang for the buck... :D

4. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Cant wait for WW3

*grabs popcorn*

5. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    The explosive force it is not that huge when compared to nukes.

6. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    still bomb a place and not have to worry about radiation when u send the troops in to clean up the surviving enemies

7. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    A bomb like that has to be delivered by a large airplane, such as the bomber mentioned in the article. However, any military worth it's salt would easily knock an airplane of that size out of the sky long before it hit the target area.

So I ask the brilliant General Rushkin, why bother? Unless you plan on annihilating poorly armed opponents, and anything or anyone else in a large radius, just what precisely do you plan on doing with that thing?

It's a classic case of purely symbolic saber-rattling and follows Putin's recent pattern of trying to use nationalism to hide his ongoing power grab. He just dissolved Russia's government today. It kind of reminds me of what Clinton did back in the 90's with his Serbian war "wag the dog" strategy to divert attention from his scandal-ridden administration.

8. PapiChulo

PapiChulo Banned

First of all: **** YOU. Secondly stop acting like you're some tough son of a bitch you little dip**** "look at me i can do 100 pull ups"...."look at me ive been a bad ass since i was 3 years old" yea my left nut bitch

**** you... I read your other posts before and you sound like a ****ing jew

9. pSilociN

pSilociN Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 620/900
    Grow up.

10. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    lol, where does that come from?

btw, satch, the point of htat bomb is probably the same as that of its wife. to me, it looks like we got another pissing test between the us and russia coming on, but this time without the "environmentally unfriendly" radiation.

11. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I bet that russians have some ICBMs (just look at their Energia rockets) that are perfectly capable of carrying a bomb like that, so the whole "just shoot the plane" argument is kinda flawed... ;)

12. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Yeah we're looking at alternatives to nuclear weapons here , ones without the downside of radiation. It may have a smaller yield , but advances in targeting systems would equal it out.

Are we looking at the Russians partially replacing the old and expensive to maintain nuclear warheads? Would appear to make sense to me. Well assuming the yield of this weapon is equivalent to a small nuclear device.

13. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    lol, "Test results of the new airborne weapon have shown that its efficiency and power is commensurate with a nuclear weapon"

My ass! the effect of nuclear ordinance will never be rivalled by conventional weaponry, because not only can a nuclear bombs yield be increased simply by using more and more nuclear material, but the effects last for thousands of years afterwards, basically deleting a part of the planet and rendering it useless for generations.

14. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
  15. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G

Not all nuclear weapons are 10 MT super weapons. I think the UKs arsenal of nuclear weapons use 250Kt warheads , though I'm not certain.

The fact is , this bomb isn't a bunker buster and has no penetration capabilities so its only purpose is the mass extinction of life at its non buried target. I doubt it even comes close to the power of the weapons dropped on Hiroshima or Nagasaki it might even be something close to the power of the weapon tested by N.Korea (1kt , if it was confirmed nuclear?) well in the range of conventional weapons.

16. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Not at all. ICBM's are built to only carry relatively small payloads. Nuclear weapons really don't weigh that much. The bomb mentioned in that article would weigh several tons which limits it's delivery options to large aircraft only.

Russia's Energia is a heavy-lift rocket made to launch heavy payloads into Earth orbit, not to precision deliver military ordnance.

Btw, what the hell was up with that idiot PapiChulo? Was that the fastest ban in Guru history?

17. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i guess it was the fastest ever yeah, if you look at it, the otherpost he made was around the same time, and had pretty much the same content, wiht "******* jews" everywhere.

i do agree with satch on the icmb thing, nuclear weapons are relatively light, so i dont think those bombs can be delivered by them. also, there is the political issue; since icbms are mainly nuclear weapons loaded, a lot of countries would be nervous if one of those will be launched, and some trigger happy people would definitly start thinking going nuclear immediatly instead of waiting to see if its conventional or not.

18. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Well, the law of unintended consequences has definitely shown itself to be true.

The only reason I posted the story was due to that one line about the bomb being environmentally friendly. For some reason I thought that was particularly funny. It must have been my sick sense of humor getting the best of me again.

No PapiChulo, I’m the f*cking Jew not Snatch.

Is that Food trying to get back in here again? It sure sounds like him.

19. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    I was thinking the same until Food turned up again on the jobs thread, maybe they were both him.

weird scary-jumpered freak that he is.

what's his problem?

20. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    JACK4HIRE, if it makes you feel better, i thought that line was very funny too.