Russia 2055 - Is this the X-Com / ARMA FPS we have been waiting for?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Valken, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Shataan likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    wicked trailer will be great to see some in game stuff.

Dunno how xcom a turn based rts and arma synch up.

But on the forum he says it is FPS for sure. So yea ARMA :p.

If its got a single player campaign that is decent and not MP only will definitely keep an eye on it.

3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I found that trailer looking for a FPS X-Com game. It looks more like the movie Battle Los Angeles which could have been an origin movie for X-Com, without the turn based gameplay.

But yeh, looks way cool... I hope its tightly focused with a solid SP campaign and a good MP campaign. Since its unreal based, I hope mod tools would allow expansion by users.

4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    This will probably be out in 2055 as well.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    no one try it yet? i got it dl but probably too late and a bit too chilled to wanna fps, gawd getting old ;p.

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    D/L now... and need to free up some HD space to try it...

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    The Russian Devs have always put out amazing stuff. I remember playing Echelon and a few games before that. Then the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. The 1st 2 Metros, and Metro Exodus. Russia 2055...….. loving the art direction and movement in the vid! Thx for posting. Will keep an eye on it. Hope it sees the light of day. We truly need new and different interesting stuff...… like this.

I`d love to try this demo, but am reticent to use a credit card to pay. If it was paypal, np. but I don`t think it is. Aaaah well.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    you don't have to pay you can skip it... there is a link to take you to the dl. Its just a dropbox dl. lol. The alpha is well, its garbage. Super buggy, can't change options, no idea how to move and its, well, its not anything to see really.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well its wasd to move mouse to look did not try controller at all.

It looks ok that film grain and heavy DOF gives its a other wordly look but its supposed to be russia :p. And yea i cant find any gfx menu to adjust options at all, buy hey one guy project and all.

But the demo seems to consist of an area with tanks/mechs/helo/troops assembled. Looks good enough the animations what there are are ok the mechs look metal gear like. Off in the distance you can see one of the world of the worlds looking alien thingys, that lest in my game was glitching out so was popping in and out of view like a lod issue.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    A Demo for 5 Bucks?

How i miss the 90's.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    naw just click download you dont have to pay anything and well as a setting it has got potential but there is not enough here to warrant tossing money at the guy because the "demo" is so limited.

NM the lack of settings of ANY kind which are baked into these game engines if you are bothered to set them up. And with all the post processes stuff hes got jacked to 20 many people are going to struggle to run it.

If i had to suggest to this guy a V2 demo get some gfx options in the game kill the film grain, vinegette, dof, motion blur or leave them up to the players via those mentioned options.

Give players a level to explore, shoot the guns, toss some nades shoot things for 10 to 20 minutes, show us your level design abilities, let us feel how the game is supposed to feel.

Only people really geeked about the idea of setting and a russian fps will be prone to invest based on this, but i wish him luck.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Are the developers Russians or will it come to Steam?

14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I didn`t see a download link. Only the buy now link. ;p

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    They changed it since yesterday......

RUSSIA 2055 Pre Alpha Teaser Demo where it says that there was a DL link it was removed.

Skeevy of this guy.....it was pay what you want which hell how do i know what it is worth less i play the thing.......now it is pay 5 dollars or more to "play" the demo.

I half tempted to upload the fing thing to google drive and post the link here if people want to see what he want you pay 5$ to see.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G64NyRyGHEhqBS7MGLLMLsTDWlb3YHp-

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    TheDeeGee, AsiJu, lucidus and 2 others like this.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    What makes you think of xcom? .oO Theres nothing to see in the teaser video which remainds me of xcom at all. More like Mechwarrior.

THIS (End State) is like xcom and maybe a true JA2 successor which we waited so long for.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/580640?snr=2_9_100000_

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    After walking around for 5-8 minutes it started to get a headache.

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    @cerebus23
    Thanks for sharing.

There are some keyboard/mouse buttons that work.

left click mouse and hold-camera control
    w/a/s/d-movement
    o-mini zoom
    t-tactical visor with nothing shown
    z-prone

EDIT:I am a asshole this guy is trying to make something good ,I deleted my first part of post.

I just went to his page and he is indeed selling this/looking for donations, I am not interested but I can see other that will be. I hope he has success with this game some of the stuff looks crazy good.

buy/donation- https://invictusvolition.itch.io/russia-2055

Twitter- https://twitter.com/InvictusVoliton

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    H toggles HUD, which seems to be optimized for VR.

20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    From the VR shooting games I have seen already out, the Dev doing 2055 is doing the 1st person view AND in hand gun handling waaaay better than the herky jerky VR shooting crap currently out. If he completes this game and does a VR version...… 2055 could be an amazing VR experience, as well as a PC fps. I really hope this guy pushes this 1 to completion.

Thx for the download link. you are pretty much right. All we can see in here are Assets. Really like the assets. hehhhe But there is next to nothing to go on. Looks very interesting. But with only 1 guy working on this, I doubt we`ll see a completed version. Hope I`m wrong though.