1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running single channel memory instead of dual channel memory 2600X build

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by gerardfraser, Jun 23, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X GAMING
    You are a lost cause. Like those using windows 7 instead of windows 10.

You are exactly like them. Now to ram. Single channel equal to dual and dual equal to quad.

Dual channel is always 10% faster in all performance at average and surely eliminates all the stutter and fps drops due to resources starvation. Single channel means lower fps everywhere and it introduces stutter. Period.

Grimbarian and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Bump thread added a video and stuff.

3. plonk420

plonk420 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 (one RMA!)
    found this thread trying to find more stats, myself. here's my tests doing distributed computing on a 2400G

the days highlighted are after i'd gone from single to dual channel DDR4-2400 on the distributed computing project World Community Grid, running just Smash Childhood Cancer (with the occasional Help Stop TB unit) + GPU project MilkyWay@Home

[​IMG]

the units on the 3rd are single channel: the ones on the 4th are dual channel: https://imgur.com/a/Wyo8Dto

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I looked through all of these photos, but I feel like I'm missing something. Are your tests to show that SC vs DC doesn't have an effect in this case?

5. plonk420

plonk420 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 (one RMA!)
    on the CPU distributed computing project World Community Grid, at least the Smash Childhood Cancer project it seems that way. i'll be switching to another one in several days once i've racked up 5 CPU years and will hopefully be unlazy enough to test that.

the GPU project MilkyWay@Home *appears* to benefit a little bit, eyeballing it (fewer units over 1000 seconds)