1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RUMOUR] Wolfenstein: The New Order 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    They kinda did that with MOH Airbourne although to a much smaller extent.
    I never meant to say genre, what i meant to say was timeframe in previous post. :)

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Played a few hours of Old Blood now and I must say I'm still getting my head around just what a considerable improvement it is over TNO. Every aspect so far just seems so much more polished and my main concern which was performance isn't an issue at all, thank god. Frame rate is solid as a rock.

Only reached the boat weapon section but it's been great fun so far and the amount of secret stuff and diversions you can end up taking is just fantastic. Wish I'd bought it sooner now but then for a fiver it simply feels like even more of a bargain than it already was.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Good thing there aren't games out there that change things up or offer dramatic twists gameplay/story wise once you're deep into the game. Yeeep... 4 hours is definitely enough to really, REALLY know. ;)

But, really... Wolfenstein: TNO is one of the best shooters to have come out in recent years.
    It's really funny to see someone complaining about it, specially by calling it's gameplay "rinse and repeat"...

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I was about to buy the game, and found out theres a way to unlock that FPS cap.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I found it boring and uninstalled it. Its a matter of preference, i dont know whats funny about that. WW2 shooters have been done to death...zzZZzz. Graphics were good though.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Be careful.
    Unlocking the FPS can cause problems with the game as the idTech5 engine wasn't designed to run higher to 60fps.

I fully understand it's a matter of preference.
    But, Wolfenstein in general isn't just a "WW2" shooter. It's heavy addition of sci-fi and supernatrual elements breaks it away from the standard WW2 shooter.
    And, what's more The New Order isn't a WW2 shooter. Only the first level takes place during the war. The rest of the game is set almost 20 years after the year... in an alt timeline.

And really, WW2 shooters haven't been done in a long time, other then the Wolfenstein series. Everything else moved on to modern war shooters.

And I found it funny to make such a complaint about Wolf when... really... it's a complaint about doing the same thing for the entire game. It's a shooter. They all do that.
    At least Wolfenstein makes it interesting. And The New Order adds in a great story and interesting characters. On top of great shooting.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well i guess i played and completed way too many WW2 fps games over the years hence the way i feel about it. Modern FPS games arnt much better either. Once you've seen the set pieces and twists in the story for the 34th time it gets boring no matter how much they "tart up" the graphics.

There was a time many many years ago that i would play and complete any game that came infront of me, good or bad. Nowadays something has to be really really special and mentally stimulate myself or i get bored real fast. Even if everyone else is raving on about it, dont matter to me, its how i feel with the game at the end of the day which will determine keep installed or uninstalled.

Tbh i got more fun out of the old Beyond castle Wolfenstein from 1984 (CBM64) Wolfenstein from 1992 (PC) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2001 (PC) and lastly Wolfenstein 2009. Played them to completion and wanted more when i finished. I guess im burnt out on this franchise. I think the iron sights and game optimization along with graphics were very well done though in TNO.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Yes, i loved that one and still play it today (the installer issue with old Physx DLLs has been fixed in the Steam version !!! ).

Now if they would put that game onto a bigger island and add vehicle combat that would be my next huge hit.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i wouldn't mind playing this again tbh along with COD 2 SP.

10. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    YOu know what, we should coop in COD World at war if you still have it. Played it with my brother and it was quite intense.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Yeah, modern shooters are getting pretty boring now.

Except for Wildlands and The Division, they look awesome!

12. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    True! Wildlands hasn't got much to do with Ghost Recon anymore, but it sure as hell looks like a great game to me. Esp in coop.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I understand what u mean even myself i rarely find lately games that lets me keep asking for more.
    The games that i have found really special lately in last 4 to 5 year are:
    Just cause 2
    Farcry 3
    Alien isolation
    Wlfenstein tno
    Crysis 2
    Deus ex HR
    Gta v
    These are the games that i have really enjoyed every bit in them. Everything else to me was just getting me bored after some time.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Well we could play together when it comes out. :)

15. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    LOL

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh.

You missed out on, uninstalled even, one of the best games of 2014, Award winning games, with one of the best campaigns for a FPS in years, featuring some of THE best writing, art-design, cutscenes (Hollywood quality), and IMO the best voice acting I've found in any videogame to date...

... because you thought after 4 hours it was going to be just another 'set in WWII' shooter and didn't realize it changes things up from there?

No offense, but...

[​IMG]

* mate, you owe it to yourself to reinstall, and finish that bad bay, like ASAP. :)

16. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    Hell yes! :arnie::tomcat::camo::zap::littlegun:cop::rpg: :biggun:

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thanks but no thanks, been there and done that 20 years ago, cba.
    Something else will come along soon and play exactly the same and sprout the same old BS story wise....zzzZZZzz.
    Unfortunately i dont have it.

18. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Been playing fps games for almost as long as that, and I can assure you, no you haven't. Your loss.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    His loss certainly.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20

No i havent what? Care to clarify what you mean? there is no loss, if i wanted to play it i would install it but its boring, how have i lost anything?