1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RUMOUR] Superman: Origins? (WB Games Montreal)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Could we see a Superman title developed by the Arkham: Origins developer? Possibly.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LEVITIKUZsLOUNGE/news/?a=123023

*I know this has been mentioned previous perhaps in other threads but I thought I'd make a dedicated thread instead.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    More like Superman Oranges

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Meh.

Even though I love what WB: Montreal did with Arkham Origins, I have little interest in Superman.
    A lot of the fun for Batman (to me) is that he's just a guy, he's human. And as such, can get killed really easily if you're not careful.

Superman... is like a god. And that's been the problem with Superman games in the past, how do you convey that sense of power, while still keeping the challenge and difficulty curve of a video game.

4. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    while i like the idea of a superman game, i think it will be very hard to pull off, getting all his powers correct and still maintaining a balance.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Aquaman origins would be more interesting

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed. +1 for Montreal and all.

But unless every petty criminal you fight on the street (you just know this is going to be openworld :rolleyes:) is firing cryptonite bullets, then whats there to threaten superman. He's basically invincible, unless hes not close to a star (our sun for eg) and unless he gets blown to pieces, he cant die.

Would make gameplay rather pointless outside of boss fights.

7. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    Fighting other "gods" like him. Actually he can bleed and die like any other human, just not that easy. In order for them to pull this off, the enemies have to be like him or even more powerful. But that brings us to a Hollywood cliche, aliens attacking earth and superman defeats them crap.

8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    That or even a Green Arrow game! I don't know how they can make a Superman game without it being mediocre since they'd have to make it open-world or semi open-world and not isolate Superman to one area. Plus one of the reasons the Batman games have been good is the diverse way of approaching gameplay, whether it be through stealth or brawl. A Superman game would be more like Prototype or The Indestructible Hulk since he's so powerful. If it did become like those game, then I wouldn't be interest one bit. That's why I think a Green Arrow game would be a better choice!

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And that sounds... bland to me.
    That setup works in a film because it's only two hours. You can have Superman go back and forth with three or four guys for a couple of hours and make it work.

But, for a full game... there would have to be a lot of these "god" type enemies... and that just... sounds... meh.