Rumour!! Nintendo's new console specs leaked code named fusion!!!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jan 21, 2014.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The next process from AMD is 20 nm, not 22 nm. I believe the next one after that is 16 nm, which they're already working in.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont think Nintendo need a powerful console to match the AAA market thats on PS4 & X1, ps4 and x1 is all about extreme violence and then at the other end is terrible pixar movie game tie-ins.

Nintendo though, imo, is the only one whos still understands that gfx and violence arent a necessity for a game to be fun and engaging. Load up dolphin and play some wii/GC exclusives and you'll see. Though Nintendo do need to think about supporting 1080p and higher while maintaing 60 fps, that wouldnt need and extremely powerful system for the games they make.

At the end of the day, i see Nintendo's home consoles the same as the PC, nobody knows what they're getting and they're too distracted by the explosions and profanities going on in the PlayStation and Microsoft corners.

3. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Nintendo have to man up, make the decision to release a proper next gen console in the next 12 months. No gimmick, just a powerful system with a proper controller.

And cancel the upcoming Zelda and Maria Kart U.

Make them launch games, along with showing an amazing looking Metroid FPS as an upcoming game.

N64 was one of the best consoles ever released.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    That's how it's remembered NOW. Revisionist history man. Back then, everyone jumped onboard with PSONE. N64 struggled horribly. They lost all of their 3rd party support with the n64 and never got it back. Square left when RPG's mattered, other dev's followed and here we are.

Look at the n64's blockbusters, all 1st party titles with exception to GoldenEye and wrestling games. It was severely lacking. Especially considering it was the successor to the snes.

5. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Those specs look like complete crap.

Oh and the N64 had some of the best console GAMES ever released.

the system itself; although powerful, drove developers away in droves.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Conker's Bad Fur Day

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    DDR4 @ 1600? That seems kinda pointless.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    This thread had me digging out my old N64 and hooking it up to my large TV, it's amazing just how much the old CRT Tv did for games because my big TV makes the games look just awful looking, just a nightmare.

So i did some digging about the net and found you could do a thing called a RGB mode which made the gams look a lot better, but would you know it, Pal versions can't do the mod because hardware is missing from the pal versions, but all is not lost, some more digging about the net found a site that sells custom made cables that basically do the same thing as the RBG mode, so fingers crossed it does something to improve the picture from the N64, hopefully it will be here this week.

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Mmm I didn't know the N64 could do RGB output.

Search the net, there is a fairly good sized retro gaming community... dumpster diving for hospital CRT monitors and all.

oh and about those specs... There is no real-time TrueHD or DTS MA encoders that I know of... never mind holographic discs...

Here's the kicker... using a PowerPC CPU when the industry is now using x86 in consoles... who makes this crap up.

For the nth time, console makers don't buy high end chips. It's too expensive...
    that's why you got APUs in the next-gen. That's why you got 8 tablet CPU cores. That's why everyone took a **** when Sony had 8GB of GDDR5 memory. That's why you have 5400 rpm HDD in them instead of 7200 rpm or SSD or hybrid.

... oh and I believe CableCard is dead too.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  10. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    Weird...I was just reading yet another story about the Wii U failing today and thought "I bet they'll do another Virtualboy and just brush it off as a loss and try to get some new actual GOOD hardware out there."

I could definitely see them abandoning the Wii U and having a new console out by 2016 or 2017 yearssss before Sony/Microsoft do anything new.

Now as for these specs, I wish :banana: but doubt it.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    It seems when Nintendo made the NTSC version of the 64 the chips they used actually supported this mode, all that was missing was some motherboard connections to use it, on the pal model the mode was not there because the chips were diffrent.

Now i could have dropped a few quid on ebay for a rgb ntsc one but all my games are pal so my games would have been useless, so i am hoping this custom cable this site sells does at least make the games look somewhat decent on the eye.

12. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    the true fakery risedes in the coaxial cable for input output lolol fake as f**k i wish they would make an expansion for the current console kind of like back to the n64 era with the supposed DD that would be nice and fun thing to do

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The market is already deeply confused about the Wii U hence why it is selling so poorly and pretty much considered to be a flop. The last thing Nintendo needs right now is to piss of the people who bought the Wii U and announce a new console to confuse things even further. I'd say that would be suicidal.

What they need to do is make more first-party games, get the third-parties making Wii U games and cut the price of the console further along with lots of promotion for the system to get the message to the would-be customers. Hell, if the price was right (sub-£150 for the 32 GB model) and there were enough games to justify owning it then even I would buy a Wii U.

14. Edamski

Edamski Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 460 GTX 1gb
    I like Nintendo but I didn't see them trying to doing anything AAA wise since the wii let alone actually doing it

15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Well, given their hardware choices, they're now entering 2005 tech; so it'll take them some time to get the production values higher.

16. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    It was beaten by the playstation but it was still a damn good console in terms of games.

There were more exceptions than Goldeneye and wrestling titles.

Banjo Kazooie
    Bomberman 64
    Perfect Dark
    Rogue Squadron
    Turok 1+2
    Conkers Bad Fur Day
    Mystical Ninja
    Shadows of The Empire
    Body Harvest
    Forsaken
    Extreme G
    Gauntlet

The N64 also had versions of DOOM, QUAKE, Duke Nukem, StarCraft, and C&C etc.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Don't forget a complete lack of load times.

Back in 90s, CD were the high tech ****... and made the PS1 seem more advanced than it was (and really really improved video game audio), but the load times on games were really annoying.

The N64... and Gamecube for that matter had no load times... things like this are the little things that Nintendo really cares about to make the experience of playing video games better... 3rd party games be damned, no load times.

The N64 is were the industry went one way and Nintendo went theirs.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that maybe true but cartridges cost an arm and leg compared to optical disc, which held more data and cost less with the draw back of longer load times. This hold true now more then ever.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    This could be real. You know how Nintendo is. After the Gamecube they have been behind MS and Sony in power.

This could be their plan for the next console "war". So PS5 and Xbox One 360 and a half could be "competing" against this.

Note:

Quotes mean sarcasm.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    offtopic but. i want to buy a Nintendo hand console but which one? to play mario games. pokemons etc.

i see 2ds too. what the hell

i knew 3ds and 3ds XL..andn ow 2ds...pls which one and which capacity? r these included HDD in itself?