1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Rumour] Geforce GTX 400 Series details (Performance, pricing, etc.)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Arctucas, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    It will end up like the "revolutionary" 5800 series lol,but this would not be good,not one bit...

2. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Whatever happens it will be nice for some competition. Either company failing is ultimately bad for consumers.

3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    hmm dude i think he is right about hd5850 being faster the 285 lol

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5850-review-crossfire/1

even in crysis

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    well with this rumor this card is placed between 5850/70 hmm who knows maybe it is fact :)

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    If fermi is any slower than the 5870, there would be no point in releasing it.

6. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
  7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    read the other post first :)

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    lol I did, I'm just expressing my surprise that he thought a 285 was faster than a 5850

9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    remember when ati's hd2900xt specs got released? every one was convinced that the card will smoke everything, but it didn't.fermi has problems..the power consumption is one..how the f*ck can a single core card can use the same amount of power as ati's dual core card and it doesn't even has the same performance as the 5890..that shows how much technology nvidia invested in the card..NONE..really..this cards won't be anything great..ati will still have the crown, and when the new ati cards will be released (this year) , nvidia will have serious problems..too bad.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Actually I do, and your comment 'shaders have nothing to do with when it comes to cards performance'
    is wrong. Just admit it and move on is my suggestion.

11. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    well if this is true..then Mr. Charlie was quite right..and im sure that would be a nice slap in the face to a lot of nvidia guys..and im sure he'll let em hear it..

as for us..i hope its not true and its hard to know right now..nvidia sounds confident on facebook/twitter etc..but everything is pointing the opposite direction...
    like said lets hope its atleast competitive so prices don't go any higher..

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    This reminds me of AMDs long awaited, highly anticipated Barcelona a few years ago when many were expecting it to smoke Core 2 Duo. Delay after delay, lack of benches until launch day, very tight control of info, and on the big day of release an intense PR campaign saying that its more about the computing experience than benches. I fear something similar with Fermi. But as ATI recovered from the 2900 series, so will Nvidia with Fermi if it doesnt pan out.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Mr.Charlie wouldn't be right, as he said it would be 5% faster for the same price as a 5870, and most rumours are pointing towards it being 15-20% faster, but a good bit more expensive.

I think Nvidia have been lucky, they had their worst spell in years during the worst recession in decades, i doubt they lost much ground to ATI.