1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RUMOUR] Darksiders 2: Definitive Edition?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 14, 2015.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    people who bought didn't like it , they say it's as bad as the old game

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I wish some older dx games(8.1 and early dx 9) would hd remakes or get ported over to dx11.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    MegalomaniacNG [developer] 6 hours ago
    Hey, we are investigating this problem at the moment and will have a fix ready asap!

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well Darksiders 2 DE only cost me a fiver so it was worth the risk to check out the improvements. IMO, though, as an owner of both Darksiders games on Steam and most of the DLC, I should have got it free but that was stupidly reserved for the Franchise Pack buyers only even though that edition came much later than the original releases! So if they're rewarding loyalty then the publisher is going about it the wrong way in my view. :3eyes:

But still it's only a fiver...

As for that list, well Metro Redux did offer up some noticeable improvements, especially to the first game and Tomb Raider DE was never released on PC (would have been pointless anyway as the only additions were improved TressFX hair, a change to Lara's face and the removal of tessellation for consoles). The other two re-released games, Dark Souls 2 and Sleeping Dogs, were dreadfully disappointing though. Par for the course for many of these so called console remasters though which are just an excuse for publishers to recoup some easy money out of the new consoles. The good ones like Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2 (both free upgrades), The Last of Us and The Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection are rare unfortunately.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Why do this to ourselves? Risk vs possible eventual reward perhaps?

We are simply avid fans who want to help in resurrecting one of their favourite gaimng IP's that practically died a sudden death when THQ went bust. I don't think you quite grasp what this series meant and still means to many of us.

The Darksiders franchise has been the "adult zelda" title we always wanted so if we have to put £5 in the pot to help secure the games future and hopefully a third outing in the series well why wouldn't we?

Yes the launch is screwed. Yes I'm annoyed. My fps constantly goes from a solid 60 to just 1-2 fps for no reason right now but I'm sure a quick fix will be released soon. Unlike Arkham Knight however I want more than to just play the game, I want to secure the franchises future and prove to the only people who have now managed to keep it alive ie Nordic Games that them buying it was worth the risk too.

ps I know it seems like I'm ignoring the fact they released a broken game ala AK and am turning a blind eye in favour of just wanting a new proper third outing. I paid a fiver for a £20 release thanks to their tier scheme so that has kind of helped quite a bit. I still want it fixed and am disappointed that it seems to have had so little effort put into it regardless.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I saw other people posting that the AA is not working them in the new game either so at least I am not alone! Kind of pathetic really that a re-release of a two to three year old game should actually run and look worst than the original on PC!!! I'd be laughing at the irony if I wasn't so annoyed by it. The PC version shows all the signs of being quick and lazy cash in. Certainly it does not appear to have been tested otherwise the New Game save crashes would not be happening!!!

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Where the hell did I defend the dev/pub of this?
    I don't even have the remaster to judge it. I said it's great, as in it's great that the Darksiders IP isn't dead and they are trying to get things going for a third game.

It's great for the fans... as the story wasn't finished in Darksiders II. And a third game would be awesome.

And... "Little Damien"... thanks for that.

9. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I wont be picking this up, although I love the Darksiders series. Hopefully we'll see a third game, calling it an adult Zelda is certainly apt.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Turning off shadows seems to fix it crashing when downsampling from higher screen resolutions, keeping shadows on medium has a significant performance impact and setting shadow to it's highest value will crash the game but aside from the issues with shadows (And possibly in-game AA not doing anything, though I'm using SMAA via ReShade instead.) it's finally working like it should. :D

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    AA doesnt work, and Shadows, and there is no AF slider :(

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    game still crashes for me. in the first fight after war is defeated

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Patch is out, although there's currently no info on what was fixed.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    HOTFIX November 6th 2015
    Horsemen!

We are very sorry for the problems that you were experiencing since yesterday when changing the graphic settings. Here is the hotfix for it.

Changelog
    6th November 2015
    - Fixed crashes with changing the shadow quality
    - Added an option set mode as Steam launch option. In case your game or your savegame keeps crashing please use this (through the steam library or as commandline option: reset)

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Its def running much better now

spoke too soon.

the weeping crag just past vulgar where there are many trees, the fps tanks down to 50fps

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    looks like DS3 is being made

19. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Pretty bad spotlight on pc.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    some info about changes

Here is the thread, he seems quite open on things which is pretty awesome imo
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/388410/discussions/0/496880503068556093/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015