1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RUMOUR] Darksiders 2: Definitive Edition?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I was surprised to find I had the 80% discount so picked it up for just £5. 12 GB in total. Wil let you know if I have any similar issues.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Faulting application name: Darksiders2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56339c1d
    Faulting module name: Darksiders2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56339c1d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000075956d
    Faulting process id: 0x2f90
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d118048a89d59f
    Faulting application path: D:\Install\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition\Darksiders2.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\Install\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition\Darksiders2.exe
    Report Id: d357c445-e57e-4c24-b833-581d1332c32d
    Faulting package full name:

3. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just spotted you on Steam discussing the issues. Works on Win 7 but not Win 10 mebbe?

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    many people on 7 also having the same problem.
    for a few it works, but crashes while playing and it isnt playable at all any more

5. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I bet the console versions don't bloody crash. Perhaps their next gen 30fps saved them? >_>

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Too bad i cant transfer my pc game to the ps4. i would do it instant!
    I know the PC platform is known as buggy, but i cant ever get used to it. bugs like these annoy the hell out of me.

7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Here's hoping Nordic sort it out asap.

8. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well my game works and has yet to crash apart from when I exit so the only real issue I'm getting is that vsync both in game or forced through CCC does not work at all. Just like when I first bought the original release then lol

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    just posted this on steam forums

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  10. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Have you fixed vsync? If I turn vsync on in the game I get 3fps. :3eyes:

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  12. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    And NOW the game has started crashing after every time I try to launch my save. Even after your fix.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    hmm that really sucks! i hope they fix things soon.

i wonder if they updated the textures too, maybe its in my head but the rock surface looks a bit better.

[​IMG]

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    perhaps a permissions issue with save location?

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Another botched up PC launch...

*sigh*

Game crashed on loading and selecting a new file. I saw the workaround to lower the Shadow setting in the original Darksiders 2 and that seemed to work, although the second time I loaded the game I elected to resume my save game of some 18 hours playtime. The first thing I noticed was the jaggies; despite AA being set to High the game appears to have no anti-aliasing and every time I moved the controller up and down on the menu the game would stutter on the title screen. Not only that but when I resumed the game it actually froze for 5 seconds just a few minutes into the game but seemed to be OK after that. As they say though, first impressions and all that! ;)

I have to say that I am disappointed at the "improvements", bearing in mind that the game looks worst for me right now than the original because of the lack of working AA. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fine-looking game but the crashes, the broken AA and lack of DX11 support just make it seem like not much effort has been put into the PC version. I am betting that the Xbox One version is using DX11 or DX12 so why is the PC version still using the ancient and poorly multi-threaded DX9? :3eyes:

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. Even the ReadMe files in the game folder are from the original game and dated July 2012!!!

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    like, I know its your money blah blah blah, but seriously...why do you all keep doing this to yourselves?

Tomb raider
    sleeping dogs
    Metro LL Redux
    Dark Souls 2 "dx11 trollol edition"

The gaming industry must be laughing at pc gamers...

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition didn't come to PC. It was only for the new consoles.

But, the Metro Redux releases were really good.
    And, most people jumped at this one because it shows activity and interest in the Darksiders IP.
    Which is great for fans. As the series seemed dead after THQ died.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, but pc gamers who already had it rebought for ps4. Metro ll redux was simply admissible. No visual improvement, no performance improvements.

Seriously man, why is it that whenever someone has a legitimate issue with a pub/dev, little Damien comes running along to defend on their behalf with some apologist mentality.

Regardless if this shows interest in the ip, theres no need to buy day one to show that. The pc is getting noting but poor ports and yet gamers seem to be unable to wait for reviews. They did nothing to the pc version of ds2 other than soften the textures. Go take a look at the digital foundry article.

If these devs really cared, theyd be making sure that they put the effort in. As, this nothing but a cash grab, a cash grab way worse than the crap gamers try to accuse cod of year after year.

Mean while, you have developers of RF Guerrilla releasing patches for free that do all this:
    Steam source

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i don't really see the point of these HD Remakes of recent games being released on the PC, half the time it's a sidegrade or even a downgrade from the original PC game.

If it's really old and there has been alot of work done then fair enough, but when it's PC games that people have been playing for years at 2560x1440 and the marketing for even the PC version states stuff like running in native 1080p, it's hard to get excited about it.

Thankfully not a game i have much interest in, looks quite Japanese (i know it's not) and a hack and slash game, and i dislike both those things most of the time.