[RUMOUR] Battlefield 5 Coming in 2016?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    According to the wikipedia for DICE, this is their release schedule for games they are developing/helping with announced so far

• Battlefield Hardline 2015 - In collaboration with Visceral Games
    • Star Wars: Battlefront 2015
    • Mirror's Edge 2 2016

so 2016

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They will surely bring out BF5 in 2016. You know why? Not enough people will buy Hardline, Battlefront, and Mirror's Edge. Dice makes money out of Battlefield. It's as simple as that, even if other vassal studios do other stuff, they need a cash cow.

And yes, BF3 and 4 are not what BF2 used to be. But, honestly, as much as I think the game(s) are a buggy piece of crap, the biggest problem are the players. Stupid, blind, deaf, retarded and purely insane, 90% wouldn't know team work if it made them it's b*tch. In the last days of BF2, only real BF players still stuck to it, I loved these days too. And as far as I feel it to be, a rapid successor does not help the BF franchise's players to even try to enjoy the game, as they are constantly forced to play CoD with the frostbite engine, because people don't even try to soflam stuff anymore, don't give ammo, don't try to get soflamed targets, revive full, .... you name it.

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Lol, you must be joking or delusional.

As to if they will bring out another battlefield, that's not a question, and as to weather battlefield is a money maker, also not a question, but BF5 in 2016? not likely, a different Battlefield under a different name similar to differences in Battlefield Hardline made by Dice LA in 2016? possibly, as the only question worth asking is how DICE (main DICE, no subsidiaries) could possibly make Battlefront, Battlefield 5, and Mirrors Edge 2, all in 2016......

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think that Battlefront will be the next blockbuster. People are so tired of the whole debacle with BF4 that did sell millions of copies. They need to release a game that works at launch. After that they might return to BF and hopefully release a proper title this time. Like many already said we want BC and they know it. Question is if they listen to us or not.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dont forget about there Over Ambitious Frostbite engine that is severley broken. There is no way of permanently fixing it unless they re-write it from scratch.

Tick rate, Netcode, Lag, Disconnections etc will all make a return with any game that uses the current Frostbite Engine. Alot of these problems are hardcoded in, thats why BF4 is not fully fixed even now.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The same modern crap over and over i guess?

They need to remake everything from Battlefield 1942 + Expansions.

7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Your alright man.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No, I wasn't joking. And last time I checked, I wasn't delusional, but thanks for your consideration :)

Some people don't want to have space battlefield with ewoks backraping you with a sniper slingshots. The setting isn't as mainstream as fans might think... I won't go for it, personally, and out of all the friends I know that game, probably around 20 real people, nobody is looking out for Battlefront. Maybe there's a big community, but I don't think it will sell as many copies as BF5, whenever it's released. But only time will tell if I'm wrong, joking, or delusional ;)

As if DICE Stockholm is able to put all those games together until then, I don't know, but I got a feeling, that if DICE can't bring out BF5 in time to meat EA's plans, EA will find a way to bring it out to make their money...

And, the more frostbite FPS games I play, the more I tend to share Vet's opinion... the problems got carried over from BF3 to BF4. A tick rate of 30Hz still isn't that good, netcode and collisions are still a daily problem in BF4, a year after release, and well after BF3 first made me aware of such problems.

I was playing CoD before that, after BF2 became a bit too old for my personal taste and before I finally got a chance to return to my (by then) favourite franchise, and NEVER experience problems as with the frostbite games of BF3 and BF4. Even today I still get moments where I just can't walk over debries in the middle of Siege of Shanghai but gotta jump over fist sized rocks, where I get hs'ed behind not only cover but also walls and corners... that's nothing new. And didn't go away.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i know what you mean, and this keeps happening to me, it's frustrating coz if someone saw u and shooting at you, you're done and dusted because you're too busy working your way out of the fist sized rock...

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh yeah, I know that story ;)