Rumor: Pricing and specs for upcoming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti and RTX 3070?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 8, 2020.

1. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X
    Not to mention inflation... lots of people forget about it. $829 in 2007 is about $1025 today

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    that could put the 3080 at $599 or $699 with the TI variant (if there is one) at $799 or $899 and the 3090 and its TI variant at $999 and $1099

3. TalentX

TalentX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 / 8GB
    I don't agree with this.
    As a the person running a tech site platform you can choose whether posting quality content or non-quality content. In fact, in my opinion, you'd rather lose readers posting non-quality content - specifically those who prefer quality content.
    Now I get it, judging over that point is something that isn't done easily. However, if you have a topic that clearly is based on a statement that has absolutely no valid content - whilst speaking specifically in terms of this newspost shared here today, which is even missing any form of reasoning and/or clarification to validate that statement at all - That is absolutely different from a leak that was shared somewhere with potential valid reasons, so it is not hard to choose whether denying or accepting this news. Because it is what it is: nonsense and waste of time. There is absolutely nothing legit about it. It's literally someone unknown sharing something absolutely non-reasonable (trashtalk truly) in a platform like TWITTER. Seriously!? Yet we're here debating about it.
    It's like someone saying "Super Mario game is garbage." That someone without even explaining why. Just the statement. Nothing more, nothing less. How much would you care about something like that? I personally would rather ignore it, because there is no reason to not do so, just as much as that someone choose not to provide the reason.

Let me quote Hilbert:
    You can clearly see, even he had trouble making the choice of posting this article, because he clearly would have preferred not to, because he clearly understood how nonsense this article actually is. Yet he did it nevertheless due to something that gave him the reason to do so, whatever it was, only he knows. I am not going to judge over that anyway, however, he at least did mention to take this news with caution for a reason. This time even different than the usual when he shares info about rumors or leaks that potentially might be legit.

Edit: Besides, as a journalist, it is also a responsibility to make a validation of the feed you share. That includes to research about it, before posting it. Not doing so, because you just repost what other platforms did post, is not responsible. Wouldn't you agree on that?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    He did it because $$$ but how can you blame him? Especially in the age of Youtube - written hardware sites are going the way of the dodo and now I need to sit through 30 minute long youtube reviews to see something I can read in 5 minutes. I doubt Hilbert makes great money running Guru3D - so if he can grab a thousand or so more views by posting rumors then I say let him do it. I personally don't mind when Hilbert or any journalist posts rumors - especially when other sites are grabbing them regardless, I just wish they all did a better job at explaining why they think it's either real or fake or whatever.

Maddness, K.S., Keno34 and 3 others like this.

5. TalentX

TalentX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 / 8GB
    Well, as I said, I don't judge over Hilbert's decision. It's fine for me too. As I mentioned before, my first response was just an ironic joke because it was somewhat funny and ridiculous at the same time. I didn't intend to offend anybody or anything. But since this is a forum and quotes were made, I though I could go into detail too explaining why I did that joke before.

Denial likes this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I fracking hate video articles/review I want to just read the bits I want and not sit threw 20-30 minute review article that talking about ever the actual topic hint hint hilbert please never start doing the video article/review crazy.

Gamespot is horrible about this video "articles" what few they actual "write" up wind re posted dozens of times under different "title" with new date attached yet you see how offten it been reposted by how many people are actual commenting about "why is this be reposted under new title and date" I lost count how many times they reposted the article about ps5 size. which pissed me off to point I stop going to gamespot for gaming news again I went back to ign has there own issue and I now use eurogamer. they do video reviews and articles but they atlest write up the article to go with video.

Maddness likes this.
  7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Christ, it's a rumor mill about incoming gfx. Not a parliamentary discussion on weapons of mass destruction. It literally says Rumor in the subject.

Besides this guys has built for himself some kind of credibility on the account of getting GA100 right more than a year before its launch.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes. It's like I can't possibly lose.
    If its good I get a reason to upgrade to flashyw new gfx. And if not - it's more free money for me :D

[​IMG]

9. Middleman

Middleman New Member

GPU:
    1070TI
    Nvidia! - RTX 3080 $600 USD OR GO BUST!

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I just figured the 2080Ti is already over 2000 dollars... so the 3080Ti would be higher than 3000.

I am so smart...

s m r t.

I mean s m a r t.

[​IMG]

mohiuddin likes this.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I still remember my 8800GT, it was from Asus with a shitty one slot cooler, but the performance was simply amazing and it only cost around 250€.

The problem was that Nvidia realised how good and cheap the 8800GT was and since then the prices have been increasing to the point a mid range card costs more than 400/500€... :\

12. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    So 3070 is = to 2080 super 400
    3070 ti = 2080 500
    WhaT ?

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    If price is true I might indeed pull the trigger on a 3070 which would be a huge upgrade over my current 1070. I paid around $470 for my GTX 1070 FTW card.

14. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    I had the XFX 8800GT single slot cooler which was amazing for the money (until it started showing graphical artifacts on me within the year because apparently that card had issues with cooling).

IMHO the GTX970 was the last truly value for money midrange graphics card and it lasted me all the way until 2000 series was released.

15. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX / 1080Ti
    EVGA B stock !

Attached Files:

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    Slightly off topic but GPU related.... I was just in Windows 10 settings. There's a "Variable Refresh Rate" slider that I'd never seen before. It's off. What happens if it's on? Does it just toggle the AMD / nvidia control panel or something? Has this setting always been in there? (I did buy a nice monitor a couple months ago, is that it?)

17. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Honestly, I will probably get a PS5 and wade the old water with my 1080ti setup. I just can't be bothered atm. No money for this stuff, and backlog size of a small country.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Very long time. It is there to enable/override some applications/games that could have native inability to run adaptive sync properly. And possibly reduce latency a bit.
    I never had problems with it enabled.

19. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
    So for a kidney or two.

20. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX580
    Remember; for each LED light, add $100.