Rumor: NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3000 video cards launch delayed to September

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Fediuld

Fediuld Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Yep. The 5700XT will last for the next gen. PS5 is my next upgrade.

MS is porting the games to PC. SONY not.
    The only PS4 exclusive on PC is Horizon New Dawn and this 3 1/2 years after its release. We won't see a single PS5 exclusive on PC because it won't run on 99% of the PCs people have, according to Steam Survey. Even the Xbox X Series games would have really high specs that the same percentage won't be able to play at all.

2. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    so no 3060 for $500 3070 for $800 3080 for $1200 and 3080Ti for $2000 ? Shame..

Solfaur likes this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Hmm... You're asserting a paradigm shift where the Console is going to decimate the PC gaming market in a year. This is why the Steam survey is garbage in many respects.

4. Jas39Grippen

Jas39Grippen Member

GPU:
    2080TI
    Nvidia will wait till the Covid19 pandemic is somewhat under control before they try to rob us with their over inflated prices, as they say...you can't squeeze blood out of a stone.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I don't know... I mean, is it an accident that the amount the FED is gifting the proletariat, ~$1200, is around the same amount as Nvidia sells their top tier?
    4663684f301ec50990fe77e873de395e067cff7617c7a3e0f78e4bcd23e1633c.jpg

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That $1200 is gonna get me some shiny new upgrades. ;)

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I know you're not replacing that 1660Ti already....

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm thinking RTX 3060, 27" curved monitor, and 1 TB NVME.

9. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    That's what's circulating now? Saw for a while rumors about supposed 7nm tech from Samsung being used to increase perf and offset cost...

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I really want a 3060....but then I'd have to buy 2....lol No way the kid is gonna let me get away with upgrading my system and not his....and I can't do 2 graphics cards. He knows what the Radeon Settings and NVCP both look like, so he'll know if I swap out cards. Especially with how much time I spend in Radeon Settings.....

jbscotchman likes this.

11. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Oh well, I'm sure the RTX 2080 Ti will do me just fine at 3440*1440 for a while. Got plenty of older games to play yet too, still haven't even touched the Witcher series lol Picked up Withcher 3 Game of the Edition to complete the series and Metro Exodus last night on Steam sale :) Will get Prey when it's on sale too and Doom Eternal

Maddness likes this.
  12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Is that a challenge? Because if it is Nvidia may accept it! And then Intel will probably try to beat Nvidia at it...

13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    I'm in the same boat. The last time i owned a console and played console games was the early days of the original XBox. But with the price of PC hardware right now and the state of the GPU market i'm thinking of moving back to console next gen until ray tracing is more mature.

I plan to eventually upgrade to a used Zen 2 (or 3 if my mb supports them) and probably a ray tracing card when it will be good enough to clearly beat shaders without tanking the fps. I also have a back log of games to play on PC.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    PS4 exclusives on/coming to PC;

Street Fighter 5
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Detroit: Become Human
    The Last Remnant: Remastered
    Death Stranding
    Nier: Automata
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Yakuza 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2
    MLB: The Show (latest one)
    Final Fantasy VII: Remake
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Dreams (rumoured as next after HZD)

There's actually loads of PS4 exclusives that are on PC, I just pulled a few of the bigger names out.

As for the expected PS5 exclusives situation, I don't think you've been keeping-up with what's happening. Sony is taking a leaf from Microsoft and will be releasing more of their in-house exclusives on PC. This is due to the high costs involved in making these games. Porting to PC is the perfect way for them to recoup some of the costs, while also expanding their audience. We also know that for the first 2yrs after launch, PS5 exclusives will be few and far between and more likely to also be available on PS4. This is well reported on already.

Knowing this, I'd be amazed if you got even 2 true exclusives a year on PS5 in the first 2yrs (and of those 4 games, I'd bet on 2 of them being sequels). Most 3rd party exclusives will likely be timed and ported to PC like it has been for a while now.

Don't be surprised if Spiderman comes to PC and Spiderman 2 a timed 1st party exclusive. Loss-leader exclusives have helped Sony/PS4 become the console market leader, but, it's becoming too expensive to sustain.

On the otherhand, there's also PS Now if anyone wants to play PS games on PC, so, PC will continue to have many options available.

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    I'm just sitting here hoping more companies will be bring decent upsampling to PC ports so GPUs costing as much as cars won't be mandatory. The implementations on consoles are more than good enough, the checkerbox upsampling and whatever the modern versions of it are, are something we need. Whatever the Watch Dogs 2 PC port was doing was even passable.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    What if they got hands on samples of new XBOX/PS and did not like their standing.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    They didn't like 2080 levels of performance?

It's not like RNDA2 is doing anything radical - it's performance is basically exactly where everyone predicted for a given size.

yasamoka likes this.
  18. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    Delayed? Maybe, maybe not. These cards never had a release date to begin with.

The only thing we have are just rumors based on more rumors.

Maddness likes this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Yep. This rumor sounded very odd and unprofessional to begin with. Like somebody made it up. I doubt any major tech corp would be planning some release date during very uncertain times where things could be derailed by unfolding events.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Wrong question asked. It is not about what AMD is delivering, but about what nVidia is. What manufacturing process. How many transistors. At what power draw.
    When you have plans for for 10nm and competitor delivers 7nm EUV, where they can get higher clock at lower power draw and make GPU with 50% more transistors (which they do not even need) to be competitive...

When RDNA1 proved to be about equal in performance at same clock and same transistor count as RTX, nVidia had "Advantage" in making much bigger GPUs. They lost clock advantage as that was about equal.
    Now you have RDNA2 with similar leap in performance improvement per clock as did RDNA1 over GCN. And you already know that they are going to clock quite high. Because clock which PS5 uses is under minimum stable clock for all chips.

Take mere 15% improved general IPC and 10% higher sustained clock. That's 26% higher performance which one can expect from GPU "sized" as 10,3B RX 5700 XT.
    That's RTX 2080 S right there with conservative expectation. Moment we get power draw numbers, it will start to hint actual sustainable clock within reasonable TDP.
    Best case scenario is 2080Ti performance with 30% fewer transistors. I am sure that nVidia took Samsung's 10nm because it was power efficient, cost efficient and clocked well.
    AMD may not have clock advantage, or it may be quite small. But there is still going to be higher performance at same clock and same transistor budget.

Then there is quite some chance, that COVID panic made people slow down HW upgrade cycle. And nVidia has figured out that they need to sell more RTX cards before they are going to be smashed by both AMD and themselves.