Rumor: Nvidia Ampere might launch as GeForce GTX 2070 and 2080 on April 12th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Getting kinda tired of buying new cards on almost a yearly basis. I can't believe I actually bought two cards this generation. That's mainly because I unexpectedly got a good deal on a 4k screen and my 1070 left a lot to be desired. Would be nice to get that overkill card that can last 2-3 years at 4k 60fps. Guess that will be a while.

2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Sounds good!

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    2019 it is then for 2080Ti or whatever it will be called there.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Because its next-gen, made to run better then the last.

But then again I said that too in one other thread, normal variant without tensor cores could see bigger improvement, also because they could add more normal cores and speedup core freq. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018

5. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Nvidia would have no trouble replacing the Volta HBM controllers with GDDR controllers, and removing everything Tensor/FP64 related in the same mix.

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I see what you are saying and i agree the thing is when and if crypto go belly up what gamers would do? I see 2 options either quit gaming all together or buy a card from amd or nvidia there is no real third option really so even if they piss gamers of ...they will still sell a lot

7. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    Everyone knows the difference between business and charity!

Business is when an unscrupulous financial institution like a bank...
    whose legacy of sheisty greed-centric practices are unashamedly defended against class-action peasant or media protestations by their own bought and paid for army of lawyers, pocketed politicians and media/press/propaganda machine...
    Whilst foreclosing on family homes sold using infamously predatory lending practices...
    ( jes bizness homey! )

Charity on the other hand...

Is when said intitution is bit by the "sting" of thier own stinking bursting bubble.
    Butting in line ( in front of families they themselves had just had evicted ) Leveraging that same political machine...
    When they come forth,
    hat in hand,
    With quivering lips and watery puppy dog eyes...
    Begging for a bail out?

Well...
    That is called Charity.

What a business can and cannot get away with is not written in stone!

Like every other percieved privilige, right etc...
    that we "might" believe constitutes an import worthy of a peoples "best interests" ( like monopoly laws, fair hiring practices... or even who might be able to use a business's water fountain or bathroom despite race... )

Where and what we are empowered upon is ultimately an abstraction.

Just because cards are selling out...
    doesn't negate that a segment that "will not" be served also represents a major hit to an economies GDP potential.
    Within the consistently anemic desktop computer market in a recovering and delicate world economy...
    The video game "hardware" market ( believe it or not ) is a Thriving MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR Industry!
    ( google "jon peddie research" right here on Guru3d ) A billion dollar hardware market segment being harmed is certainly a valid market concern! ( no matter how trivial a leisure activity might be percieved in prejudice )

Nvidia's bottom end
    Can be weighed against the lost sales of customers it has failed to serve.
    And how that lost revenue represents a real market concern ( technical research potential, jobs, taxable goods and income )
    GDP represents the worlds output.
    The worlds potential
    And a multi billion dollar industry is nothing to take for granted. ( easily a valid concern in light of a fad's growing bubble )

There should be more pressure highlighting where the market ( certainly not just Nvidia... which is doing better than most by my own bias estimation ) is failing grossly to serve it's markets ( including ultimately the mining market )
    And more attention to where lost revenue is an immediate concern.
    As it stands...
    I don't see the tech sector truly feeling that they under the microscope.
    Which is insane in a desktop "Video Game GPU" market with only 2 real players!
    Such lack of competition in combination with such a failure to serve it's established base...
    Should have both houses terrified that an imminent mandated split would be forthcoming!

Madness!

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Thats why i buy the fastest cards at the time, my 1080Ti clocked over 2ghz on water will last plenty of time yet, even my 780gtx (OCed/OVtd/H2O) was fine at 1440p for the games i play like BF4).

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    You clearly dont. All industry is fluid, the key is moving at the right time. Look at the companies who saw how the internet would shape the future, look at those who didn't, why did Blockbuster die yet Amazon expand massively. My company (as in mine) has shifted its customer base three times in four years, i don't care about those i left behind, just those i currently provide a service for. Sentiment and loyalty doesn't pay for your child's education, the next holiday or future PC hardware purchases. Don't punish success.

10. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm on a 1080ti as well but at 4k it barely can keep 60fps on many titles even after overclocking. Hopefully the next ti variant will be enough to last 2-3 years at 4k.

11. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Why You buying gamming cards..?
    You can always buy conslole.. and live happy with medium details + 30FPS.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    NVIDIA to Unveil "Turing" Consumer Graphics GPU Next Month

https://www.techpowerup.com/241500/nvidia-to-unveil-turing-consumer-graphics-gpu-next-month

Evildead666 likes this.
  13. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's a joke obviously.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh they unvialing a new titan? didnt they just do that?.

I either way i just got my 1070ti, I not sure i want to see next gen card if they show off 8 tflop card this gen for under 300 i will be tad upset

I still spend more time on my ps4 these days, currently play MGS:TPP and Horizon Zero Dawn. and I bought about 4 other game during the holiday i need to play on ps4. I still haven beat DA:I, but Horizon Zero Dawn is one beautiful game, I know it 1080p and 30fps, but the framepacing is so nice it actual forgiveable it not 60fps

I still havent bother to finish Witcher 2 pc so i didnt install Witcher 3 yet, or DX:MD which i have with all the addons/dlc. same goes for skyrim se, i had the original skyrim with all the dlc/addones and still never finish 50% of base story always side track with other things in game or mods, but i gots a gpu that will have zero issue with them at 1080p max out know.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

16. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    1billion gamers, you not buying a gpu is not going to affect anything lol.