[Rumor]"Japan-based Nintendo is planning to launch its next-generation games console"

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by (.)(.), Jul 3, 2015.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I heard with the NX that Nintendo is going back to the basics on what made them good in the past back during the NES/SNES days. Also I think they need to Give the Wii-U a tiny bit more time and see how well the next upcoming titles go as far as sales go. They need a Star Fox game because they haven't had one since GameCube.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Look at the PS4, a decent amount of exclusives and great third party support.
    Look at the X1, not that many exclusives that aren't on other platforms, but still good third party support.

Not everybody wants/is able to buy multiple consoles, or have a console and a PC so they can play the majority of games.

Poor third party support means lost sales of the console, it also means Nintendo don't get their cut from the sale of these huge selling games.
    Even if the majority buy it on the PS4/X1 it's still better than the sweet fa they are getting right now.

It just sounds like what you want Nintendo to, rather than what would be the most profitable for them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  3. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I've read about as much of your self inflated nonsense as I care to at this point. You've been provided evidence as to why a lack of third party support has damaged Nintendo's home consoles over the years, you're wilfully trying to ignore it to suit your own agenda. You are wrong, it's that simple.

You're also using the N64 to push your opinion when it had poor life long sales, probably a bad idea.

I'd also like to point out that, assuming Benimaru It***333; was correct, he'd be speaking about third party support. Nintendo isn't exactly known for it's first party RPG's now is it?

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Youve posted exacly what i just posted in my wall of text, just in fewer words. The only diff is that i pointed out the importance of first party exclusives as a way to draw cutomers, which in turn draws deves as it more X console in gamers hands means its a more viable platform for third party devs.

As for not everyone wants/can afford to buy multiple consoles, i cleary mentiond this in the example in my post above and why it could hurt nintendo even more without major first party exclusives.

I still however stand by my comment about the vita being a dead platform, though am willing to admit that my resentment for my day 1 purchase of the vita is most likely clouding my judgement.

Self inflated nonsense? Are we not just having a simple discussion about Nintendo? Other than my reference to "fact", everything ive posted is simply my opinion on what i think they should/nt do. If you disagree (like you have) then by all means counter with your own opinion. Isnt this what forums are for?

Now, I completely agree that lack of third party games has hurt Nintendo. What im saying is, is that without a reason for gamers to purchase a Nintendo (major first party games) then what insentive do they have to choose nintendo over the ps4 or xbox? If they dont have one, then nintendo dont sell many consoles (just like the wii-u, as you pointed out) with the end result being no thirdparty support simply because the console doesnt sell well enough to make developing games for it viable.

One thing i think we can both agree on however, is nintendo's tendaency to be quite hard on thirdparty devs. A 'My way or the Highway' mentality. Until this changes, Nintendo is fkd.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Apologies if i missed stuff, half my posts these days are done on a phone traveling to/from work.

I was just trying to point out that i think third party is more important as it levels the playing field, when all things are equal or near to equal, then the first party exclusives come into play.

I didn't reply to the Vita as i have never owned, or ever will own a portable device, haven't even played a game on a phone/tablet, so it's not something i would know about.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Would it really be that bad if they went the way of Sega and had Mario's and Zelda's on multiple platforms? I think it would be great to see a Mario Galaxy on Steam.
    Hardware is just that, let people use the hardware they want to use, having yet another branded, proprietary PC in a custom small box is does what for gamers?

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I somewhat agree, but i dont think it would help at all.

Look what good it did for SEGA. Whats happend to Sonic and all the other Sega ips? Sonic has less hits a decade than the wii-u has in its catalog and the other sega ips? Non-existant. Sega now only publishes, the only firstparty ip that they make games for that i know of is Sonic. I want to say the recent Golden Axe, but im not sure if thats a Sega ip or not. (cant be arsed googling it).

The thing is, is that nintendo dances to its own tune. I could be wrong, but it seems that they could care less about what MS and Sony are up to.

There also this - Nintendos consoles tend to be alot cheaper than an ms or sony console. If Nintendo ditched their own console hardware, they'd loose the majority of their fan base who most wont want to spend the extra cost on one of the other two platforms that the games would be on. Then theres the whole thing of Sony and MS paying for exclusives (timed or otherwise). How pissed would you be to purchase a ps4 with what you thought was full nintendo multiplat support, only to find out that MS bought exclusives rights to what turns out to be the best mario 3d world ever?

As its been said so many times now, gamers dont often buy more than one console. Well, since they're not buying Nintendo consoles because the first party games dont interest them enough and much like what so many want nintendo to do (acquire Ubi/EA/Activision support) will those who already have either a ps4 or xb1 (or their nextgen equivalents) be interested enough to purchase Nintendo multiplats to the point where its profitable for Nintendo? They risk loosing their current fanbase ( potentionaly due to pricing them out of the market) and only gaining the same or similar sized fanbase on the ps4/x1, of which they currently have on their own hardware.

BTW
    Post 4 for source, not sure where its from, but reflect wii-u sales in Japan.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1563750/ign-dragon-quest-11-will-be-an-offline-game-for-home-console
    [​IMG]
    And..

Dragon Quest XI Likely To See North American Release, X Not Coming Westward

Dragon Quest 11 Will be an Offline Game for Home Console

And an interview - Not familiar with the language.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  8. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    It's rumored that NX will not be as powerful as PS4, that's not what they're looking to do. http://gearnuke.com/insider-claims-nintendos-nx-wont-compete-ps4-terms-horsepower/

Zelda and other titles that have not been announced, I'm sure are moving from Wii U to NX.

Nintendo admitted the WII U launch line-up is a main issue they felt hurt them, there wasn't enough to make it unique.

Honestly, I don't see anything horrible with the Wii U, every game I play is 100x more fun than anything on PC, PS4 or Xbox One. The graphics aren't amazing, but so what? The games themselves are a blast. The Order 1886 is easily the best looking game available and it's as boring as picking egg shells in a closet.

I'd be happy with Wii U sticking it out a few more years but it's a bomb, commercially, I get it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    But Nintendo did say themselves that the new Zelda Game will be on Wii-U to be released sometime in 2016. Also to me as long as Nintendo has a console that is AMD x86 based I am sure they will get more 3rd party support. Plus Nintendo has proved with the Wii-U they can produce 1080p 60fps games so I think the NX will be no different. I agree that they do not need super high end hardware to make good graphically sound games. However I do see the end of backwards compatibility though unless Nintendo wants to make an emulator for Wii-U games.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-still-coming-to-wii-u-nintendo-confirms-at-e/1100-6428232/

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Sega admitted they haven't been putting any effort into quality for years. Sega had many financial setbacks even after the Dreamcast. They had massive layoff's in 2010, they have sold or shut down most all their other studio's.

Sega isn't Sega and has not been since CSK bought them out. Remember CSK investors did not care about games nor was interested in Sega for that reason. Sammy makes slot machines for god's sake.
    But now suddenly, the CEO wants to put more effort into quality...better late than never I guess.

Nintendo wouldn't go that way, they are in a much better financial position. Going 3rd party would be pure profit for them without the risks of being proprietary and trying to market that.

But if Nintendo waits and fails again, it will force layoffs and concessions of key staff members, investors will demand a new CEO...etc....you know someone will end up buying them out and we would have Sega all over again.

11. al3d

al3d Member

GPU:
    nvidia
    The Nintendo WAiiFU. Featuring... a different kind of Amiibo.

Edit: Jackassery aside, I'm excited.

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The one thing that I hope Nintendo puts into the NX is Wired Ethernet that is part of the console hardware rather then using a usb Ethernet adapter.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I will give Ninty their due, the USB ethernat adaptar i have for the wii still works on the Wii-U, that is the one thing i love about Ninty and this stuff, their BC is out of this world.

14. ElYoda

ElYoda New Member

GPU:
    nvidia
    I hope nintendo won't **** this up again