Rumor: Is NVIDIA working on a GeForce RTX 3090 Super with 21 Gbps memory and a TGP of 450W?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 26, 2021.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    it's always about who decides where the base is tho

2. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    Dude, you are the one who keep comparing watercooled 6900XTXH vs air cooled 3090, there are plenty of air cooled 6900XTXH like the Asrock OC Formula (which I quoted from TPU review) or the Red Devil Ultimate.
    If you want the 6900XTXH that comes with a waterblock, those are priced 200usd higher than aircooled one, which is more than the price of the standalone waterblock anyways.

3. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    i don't really understand the term 6900xtxh is wc ready.

im not remotely interested in any of these two,would rather buy a 3080 and a 6800xt instead of a single 3090,i just can't stand the amount of confusion and misinformation in this thread.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

well so much for everyone criticizing Nvidia for "being too stingy with TSMC and having to use Samsung instead"
    like really?
    IMHO people like that do not even have a BASIC grip on reality and shouldn't be allowed to operate motor vehicle :rolleyes:

Krizby likes this.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Haaa!

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    people can't establish actual numbers and equal criteria before they start comparing what is better.

7. vMax1965

vMax1965 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming
    Have you seen the absurd RECORD profits both Nvidia and AMD are making at the moment! And that is in a covid world where apparently supply and logistics issues are causing problems. So much crud is going on as the milk and maximise profit. Instead of releasing the low end so called affordable GPU's like the 3050/6500, they are cleaning up by moving the whole product stack up and milking every last heavily inflated dollar on the mid to high..

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Guru3D wasn't too bad (aside from this thread lol) but if you go back and read some of the threads on ars, anandtech or reddit about Nvidia using Samsung it's kind of hilarious. Everyone said they were making a massive mistake, would never be able to compete in performance or meet demand, etc.

Supply and logistics issues are causing problems because demand is so high. There are weird issues like car industry or whatever - but datacenter demand has drastically increased with a huge chunk of the world suddenly working from home, relying on computers/streaming/honestly even gaming, etc.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It's not by a huge margin though, not worth the additional 634$ difference I would have to pay for the cheapest of each.

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Review - Introduction (guru3d.com)
    Can't get that card here nor any of the good ASUS models though.

On top of that a more descent 6800XT would cost me 1200-1300$ less than the cheapest 3080 Ti, think a good 3070 Ti can be found for even less then that.... might as well keep my 2080 Super for some time since prices still are ridiculous over here.

Of course they are, RT and DLSS, AMD does not have something propper that can play along with those two features.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  10. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I don't have issues with wattage, i have issue with people wasting this wattage.
    And yes, pollution comes from everywhere, i also don't like drag racing, tractor pull drag racing, and mostly empty planes crossing the ocean. Yes.
    That does not make 600w pcs 8 hours a day a good idea.

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    Yeah I wouldn't pay 600usd more for an 3090 over the 3080 Ti either, maybe 200usd more is acceptable.

Might as well stick with your 2080 Super for another year? not like it sucks at 1440p UW or anything, especially with DLSS titles.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    Mineria likes this.
  12. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    Wow this is incredible !! And your price too ...:D:p

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    As said, most people who can afford these products dont have that much time to use them. As in adults with full time jobs. I only really have time to use it in the weekends. If it really was an insane amount of power it used on average over a period of a month, id see it on the power bill... which i dont.

Consumer pc power consumption really isn't an issue, due to the limited use. Huge offices with thousands of computers and lights being turned on 24/7 on the other hand...

Mufflore likes this.
  14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It has to work hard when RT, max shadows and ambient occlusion gets thrown at it, else it does fine @1440p.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Gotta say, this describes my use case well.
    Even worse atm because my main PC (with 1080ti) is getting AOE II and Freelancer use (because they dont even need a 1080ti, deffo not a 3090) so havent gamed on the 3090 for a couple of weeks.

There are occasions when I game on the 3090 most days and love having the best game quality possible with truly great games.
    To me its worth the money and power use, but I plan on making this card last 4 years if possible so it will suck at some point lol.
    But dammit, I just know NVidia are going to release something that melts part of my brains stalwartismic (tm) nature so what I said means nothing :)

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's over 9000 points of foolishness

17. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    My 3090 is cooler then my CPU
    I never get above 50 degrees on GPU or VRAM, but 5950x is a joke, with PBO off it goes to 85 with PBO to 95
    and thats on custom loop with double pumps and 2 best rads money can buy 360GTX and 480GTS

Krizby likes this.
  18. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090

This video Looks Fake AF
    His 5950x temps and clocks do not represent reality.
    Im running same CPU and this thing even on defaults goes to 85 degrees under load on custom loop [same loop that keeps 3090 under 50 on GPU and VRAMS with front/rear block config]
    Also, the only time i seen it going to 5Ghz is for miliseconds
    Right now as im writing this it IDLES at 65 degrees, i have my browser open and stuff in the background, outlook, discord, whatsapp and so on
    and this video its under 60 degrees under load on video game and doing 5Ghz while using cheap AIO that whole kit costs like one of my radiators, just one
    thats hilarious

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    LOL,
    He's using a curve optimizer last I read. So it's real. You just never expected that before. And if you are at 65C at desktop you are doing something wrong. It's either:
    -An obvious oven in that room.
    -Poor contact between heatsink/IHS/inadequate thermal compound
    -Some odd changes you made in the bios
    - Inadequate cooling solution
    -PC Chase converts to an actual Oven Inside
    -Combination of the above
    -Etc

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Solfaur likes this.
  20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    5800x and 5950x are quite hot out of the box with default Bios and Windows settings.
    With negative curve, PBO wattages down and getting the W11 power plan to work that CPU should idle around 36-40C at 24-28C ambient.
    My CPU temp is a lot lower than in the youtube clip in game as well, only goes up under load which I locked to 70C for now.
    I find it pretty annoying that I have to use time on tweaking a CPU to run cool with below stock settings.