Rumor: Intel To Release Six Alder Lake Processors for Desktops Nov. 4 Pre-orders Start October 27

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    One week out and still no gaming benchmark leaks. Incredible, tbh.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Now that's a bit of a surprise.
    Little over one week left until launch and reviews.
    I was expecting it would be in mid November.

4. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Why? They've been saying November 4th for at least 3 months now.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    What if some leaks were done in Windows 11 obviously before the Ryzen fix?

Soon we'll finally know how good AL is and if AMD has another surprise other than 3D Cache.

6. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Any benchmarks in W11, though prejudiced against AMD (at least until tomorrow's fix) would still at least deliver accurate 12th gen results. The NDAs must be more brutal than usual.

I don't expect any surprises from AMD, leakers would have hinted at something by now.

tunejunky likes this.
  7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m not feeling excited by those new CPUs despite all the leaks showing great performance.

Maybe the reviews will change my mind.

8. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Running Intel 10850K @4k on gaming PC. Not sure if I would be interested in -5% - +2% gaming performance on these new CPU's. I willing to bet some PC games will not even work.
    Maybe time to sell 10850K and go back to AMD for cheap with thee release of these new Intel CPU's.

9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    It would be a lot more interesting if Intel would formally announce a ship date--but apparently they won't be announcing much of anything until Nov 5th, so "rumor" is all we've got. Intel's already stated that games will need a lot of "optimization" for AL. Looks to be the same as with GPUs--we'll not see availability in quantity until next year--and when next year nobody knows. With all of the vaporware released all year long, it is difficult to get excited by much of anything, imo. I don't even look at AMD stuff anymore, whereas for most of the year I was checking several times a day.

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I get paid on the 4th (that's the plan anyways before i crashed a works truck earlier tonight) so if alder lake is in stock i'll get a nice i5.:)

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Supposedly, any game that utilizes DRM is going to suffer performance losses..... which might explain the lack of gaming benchmark leaks....

tunejunky and Dimitrios1983 like this.
  12. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    This will be one of Intel's worst launch in their companies history. The other two that I recall back was the Pentium 4 NetBurst strategy and choosing RAMBUS memory. Also may I add years back on them trying to make their own GPU and used a demo instead of playing the game live.

DDR5 and Windows11 won't save them but may buy them time and also add MICROSOFT hampering AMD CPU's again. INTEL escape-goat will be Windows 11 is just " too new" to take advantage of their new architecture.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not a good argument when the scheduler was specifically "optimized" for Intel's new architecture.....or when it's already been documented that Intel's new architecture has issues with DRM.....

Airbud and tunejunky like this.
  14. MonsterMX99

MonsterMX99 Member

GPU:
    Becaue Intel knows that these CPUs will be DOA :D

15. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I don't think so. Intel have been bullish about ADL, and while some of that may still be bravado and hubris, Gelsinger has fired some serious shots. Not something you'd do if you had any doubts about your competitiveness. I've also noticed some reputable media outlets mentioning ADL leaked benchmarks. It's not something they usually do. Considering most (if not all) are most certainly under NDAs, I interpret that as a hint. We'll know everything soon enough, but other than some initial growing pains, based on those leaks I do think ADL is going to be a winner for Intel. And hopefully for us all in the long run.

tunejunky likes this.

16. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    1) i'm very happy Intel is no longer complacent and that an engineer is C.E.O.

2) AL mobile is more interesting to me than desktop

3) RL will be the real challenge to Zen 3+ ... right when Zen 4 arrives

4) :cool: "happy days are here again":cool:

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The only leaks I've heard mentioned by reputable media outlets, are all referring to Cinebench scores. Intel has already admitted that Alder Lake has performance issues in any game that uses DRM to any extent.
    No CEO that wishes to remain in their position, doesn't attempt to hype up a product before launch. He's doing exactly what a CEO is expected to do.
    The only leaked benchmark so far, is Cinebench, which is a useless benchmark anyway.

tunejunky likes this.