RUMOR: GeForce RTX 4090 66% quicker than RTX 3090 Ti and 82% faster than RTX 3090.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2022.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.6Ghz
    Agreed, and id like to see also without RT as to be honest im a bit on the fence as whether or not i like the way RT looks.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Games needs to be build with raytracing in mind like a Control or Dying Light 2 where the base game looks crap in comparison so it makes user feel like its missing out.
    There is only few games actually worth using rt for that reason.

F1 did a nice job by enabling raytracing by default more games should do that.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh that's dangerous, because a lot of people don't like RT, or more precise, it's implementations. I'm all with you, all the new stuff has to be pushed in games, but it always ends up as being "a huge cospiracy" of a certain GPU-manufacturing company and provoces a lot of "I don't need it!"... I too think that games should be designed with RT in mind, I hope UE5 helps with that... although it does a lot of stuff without going down the DXR route, right?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Idk how can someone not like it makes the biggest difference when done right. It needs to be pushed and being enabled in games by default is the way.

Our crazy member @cucaulay malkin once said there should be no separate benchmarks for raster and raytracing but they should be one. :D

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.6Ghz
    @fantaskarsef @Undying Like Physx or whatever its called, RT in Metro EE is ok but to be honest there's only a couple of areas that do it justice as most of the game is in dark/gloomy areas, although creeping through a house where the early morning/later afternoon sun is shining in looks amazing.
    It would be nice as a turn on/off depending on your preferences and hardware.

6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Honestly RT global illumination is the best thing there is, but yeah, they more often than not put too much effort into RT reflections. Games designed with RTGI in mind are going to be what I'm looking forward to
    @pegasus1 can't you turn RT effects off and on in Metro? Not sure since I've not played it myself (yet).

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I agree but rt reflections looks so cool after the rain. :p

You cant turn off rt in metro exodus enhanced edition.

Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes but it only should when there's no wind, etc. so I can honestly understand, why RT reflections mostly look "over the top" and "too much" but it's an implementation problem...
    But that doesn't mean they shouldn't work with that and improve. Which is what I hope will happen. I just don't think it's good to skip this just because it's expensive in both hw and performance... if done like that, we'd still be playing pong.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.6Ghz
    Yeah its in the graphics menu but the description is a little misleading.
    I have it on but at a lower quality as at 4k with my 6900xt the framerate drop just doesnt match any improvement in eye candy past a certain point.
    Luckily most of the occasions where its looks the best are also indoors so a limted draw distance, this helps the frame rate

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I just watched another video by Jay. I don't know Gurus. Gettin nervous.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Because of the power draw?

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.6Ghz
    Was the one on future prices, i totally agree with him.
    A 3080 now is £800, lets say thats the same performance as a 4070, well will a 4070 cost less than £800 and even if it does when will it be actually available.

13. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Pricing and supply will almost entirely depend on crypto and how much 3000-series stock is left in the pipeline.

14. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    New Legg is selling Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC $1,100 Smmh. Hides head in hole. I have never been so LESS interested in Computing............

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.6Ghz
    Maybe not so much what is in the pipeline, but what is out there full stop, they made a ton of cards, way more than if Crypto had never been a thing, so the 4000 launch is into a completely unknown market place.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I expect 4070 to be 3080ti level atleast and if its priced at 499$ its a killer. Thats why people should not be buying high end card atm.

vestibule and Maddness like this.
  17. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.6Ghz
    Il be truly shocked if the 4070 arrives before Christmas and at $€£500.

18. Benny V

Benny V Member

GPU:
    I played MW 2019 for 2 years on a 1080 Ti before buying an RTX 3080 where I could turn on RT. It is a revelation, indeed! There's this spooky point at much the lighting is so accurate it's erie.

For older games like GTA V and newer games without RTGI, I just can't really do it anymore. It's too big of a change to go back. I am very excited that we are still making meaningful advances in graphics.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Jay said that it's a possibility the 4090 release date could be pushed back a year. He said his sources informed him of this, but he also said to take it with a grain of salt.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Jay is talking alot of nonsense lately everything he sais you can take with a grain of salt. According to leaks 4090 will be released this year but possibility of 4080/4070 being pushed to 2023 is very real. I think 4090 will serve as a flagship and sell along with 30 series until stock runs out whenever that will be.