Rumor: GeForce RTX 3090 Now Would Cost 1399 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2020.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    What a end of year ahead of us.

Undying and Maddness like this.
  2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    No one is really "whine whine whine" though. This is a forum, you share opinions. Why attack people that are upset with the price. Again, I wasn't crying over it, I was questioning it. I can buy it. Money isn't the issue for me. I just refuse to hand money over without a logical reason for the higher price tag (if it ends up being true). Why is it considered crying if you question a companies pricing? Seems rather low IQ to me. As I said before. If you have the money and don't mind just handing it over, great. do it. No one is stopping you or name calling. It's the other way around ironically. I have a 2080, the price was never justified by the use or features. How many actual RTX enabled titles came out? How much of a difference was there really in all of them? Control was the only game to use the features properly and a 2080 ti can't even run it in 4K. Or even 1440p @60 I believe. So again, there are like, 8 games on the market taking advantage of a feature that was hyped as hard as a company can hype something and some of us are considered cry babies because we didn't see much return on a purchase and are now being asked to spend more to still have little return on said features until new consoles come out and start making these features the norm. No logic here. Group think or mock, apparently.

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
  4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Premature conclusion imo. I think everybody and their mother knew ray tracing could not work feasibly on gen 1 RTX cards. Its gen 2 (Ampere) and 3 (Hopper) which is when we should take a look how RT is doing.

SerotoNiN likes this.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I expected it to have poor performance. But I also expected way more titles to have implemented it into games by now.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    The point I'm trying to make is people not worried about pricing can also be disappointed with what they've gotten so far. So pricing on the next model, if it is as high as rumored can deter people based on their experiences with the current gen. That's where I'm at. It's not about just the price. It's about what you get for it. Now, if this card ends up being the new 8800GTX of our generation, I'll gladly pay it and admit it's worth it. Even the 1080Ti. People are still using that card and getting great frame rates at high resolutions.