Rumor: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB gddr5x based on Pascal GPU in May

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Kaotik

Kaotik Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    In the way AMD does? No. According to earlier NV slides Pascal will still go with pre-emption just like Maxwells, though it will be finer grained apparently.

2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    If its true that Micron will put Gddr5x in august then this rumour will be only to push Amd to make some mistakes,mean to push their Polaris too early on the market.

Industry and Amd/Nvidia know better what will do.

If the new Pascal will be like Maxwell,with 32 or even 64 max sched commands list,then they will force their chip to max limits to compensate that sched tasks limit.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Polaris isn't coming out till like June/July. AMD isn't going to push their cards out too early based on a WCCFTech rumor. AMD probably has a better idea of Nvidia's launch schedule than all of the rumor sites combined -- and vice versa.

4. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah,we have only rumours.
    Expect both will put on the market in july/august,but who knows.

For mid range cards Hbm 1 or Gddr5x will be good.
    High-end in Q4 with Hbm2 will be great.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Ok this seems more like it if true. I am willing to purchase a 1080 or a 1070 if the 1070s have 8gb of Vram as well and not same debacle the 970s had.

6. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    nvidia cards will always be priced high, then when they come out people will rush like its a new apple phone to buy it only for them to show off a new titan so people can rush again just to sell it because the new Ti is better.

7. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I'm not impressed by these specs if they come out true anyway. Beside the specs I would really like to see how these will perform against 970 and 980. If they perform just slightly better I may skip those and wait for Volta. Though I doubt these will be weak in any way. Time will tell.

8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I doubt that i will go for these , best wait just for now and see what else Nvidia have planned , i dont fancy buying a 1080 just to find out 6 months later the 1080 ti might show up and all those that bought the 1080 will see it drop fast in price and wish they had held out on buying it , also High bandwidth cards will show its face to at some point this year maybe .

Nvidia will drag the card releases out just to milk as much as they can from us as always .

I'm really interested in giving AMD a go at sometime in the near future, i would have done with the furyx had it had 8gb vram , you can argue that AMD do seem to be offering longer support for these cards ,, look at recent benchmarks for the r290x it smashes the 780ti , link to benchmarks http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/the_division_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,6.html

9. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The 390/390X smash even Gtx 980 in DirectX 12 Hitman.
    But with your Gtx 980TI SLI no worries.

10. 17seconds

17seconds Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW+
    No way is a card designed for 1440 or 4K gaming going to be called a GTX 1080.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The first Hitman was the same way. A 7970 was almost 20% faster than a 680 in that game. AMD partners with IO on it though, it's to be expected.

Lol, this is actually a good point. I've been trying to refer to the card as GP104 because I'm really not sure they are going to continue with that naming scheme.

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Might grab 2x"1070s" if the price/performance is right, if not, I'll just wait for the big Pascal later this year or early next. My 970s still hold fine anyway for my needs.

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Who's getting one?

:D

More like a 1080 Ti.

14. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    Maybe they start calling them GTXX something

15. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Post of the day.

16. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    but... but.. I seriously feel no need to upgrade as of this time... i think i will pass lol

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Who knows, there is only one thing for sure, when they started Pascal design years ago dx12 didn´t exist. On the amd side at least they were thinking on mantle which shares the same approach of dx12.

As for these new cards, incredibly I´m not particularly excited this time around, who knows how gimped they are and what dx12 features are missing.

18. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I realy hope AMD pull something special out ,in response to Nvidia offerings , i'm no big fan of either camp i've just been going with whoever has the highest performance figures at the time .

This being said , did Nvd gimp the 700 series when you look at benchmarks for the 780 now they just suck quite bad compared to the equivalent AMD card of the same gen

Can we as maxwell v2 cards see the same thing happening upon the release of these new cards , i hope not , and if this did happen i would be over to the red very quickly

Latest Tech News Headlines ====
    Nvidia gimp maxwell cards to make pascal viable upgrade . lol :banana: lol

PS ,do you think that it's time for Nvidia to be able to connect sli configurations over the pci-e lanes instead of the old fashioned sli bridge:)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  19. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I hope that they can release them sooner than we think. I'm about to move back to the US around late april/mid may and I'll be selling my entire pc before going (and nope, keeping some of it is not an option), so I have no idea what to do.

If pascal isn't out yet i'll probably get an used 980ti from all the people that will probably be selling theirs on ebay. If it's out, it will probably be the "1080" reference version, but I was kinda hoping for the ti model with custom cooling. I'll probably get the 1080 one and sell it when newer things come out, I just hate selling things lol

20. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Lol! Yeah.... No kidding.
    'AMD is pushing Polaris release cause of wccftech's rumor of the rumors.' Would be epic.