Rumor: battlefield 5 will be themed after WW1 released in october

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 29, 2016.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah well yes and no. Yes, all of the four DIMMs now run, but no, I can't enable XMP 3200MHz at all, I was actually surprised and happy to run 2933MHz. I think I've got a faulty DIMM, or a faulty board... I double checked each DIMM in each slot and tried to do 3200MHz XMP with each one by one, but one module hardly did it at all... question is, as I haven't got another system to test DDR4, how should I know if it's the board or the DIMM? I could not even apply any voltages or timing tweaking as it would not post at all, at times with 'no memory installed' error codes and that stuff.
    For now I don't know what I should do.

In that German text from the posted screenshots it's literally written as 'tactics shooter in the first world war'.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Sounds great. Might be my "get back to online shooters" game. Have not played those in a while, I think Bad Company2 was the last one I played quite a bit.

3. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    I don't know if I should be excited to drive a Renault FT...

4. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti

I hope you get it sorted but if i was you i would test every stick seperatly to exclude if one of them is faulty also a cleas cmos (remove battery) solved a memory problem for me on my X99.Also after testing every stick i recommend to check every ramslot in your mobo seperatly.Again i had something similar a few years back with my asus x79 pro.After days of testing i found out one ramslot didn't work properly (after 45 min of memtest).I had to rma the board but Asus just gave me back my money...sort of 245€ instead of 300€ as what the motherboard cost me..i sure hope you get this solved i know how depressing this trouble shooting can be but take your time for it.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well I did that, tested all four DIMMS seperately on the four slots which would be used, 16 tryouts in total. But yeah, problem is, nobody I got has a DDR4 board to test the RAM, and using another board would be a pita, full custom water loop... can't replace the board besides completely taking the whole thing apart. Got to use memtest... which I can't do at night I guess because of any errors, so I would never knew what was wrong, or when it appeared.

6. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    have you tried HCI memtest in windows?.I sure hope you get it solved and to bad nobody overthere can help you out.Oh and its simple with memtest over night if your computer reboots during memtest memory failure you know enough.I found it out this way back then .I changed my Asus board for a Gigabyte and never looked back.I sure hope you'l find out whats wrong.:cheers:

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.1
    No, thanks.

Why even bother DICE?

I already have tons of fun with Squad.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yes, because this statement totally makes..logical..sense....what?

I guess all developers shouldn't even try, 'cause there's already pong.

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Heh well I am planning on running memtest soon, either windows or bootable USB version. I too tend to believe it's actually the board, but I have a hard time knowing for sure what's the problem, no other machine to test stuff. Except somebody sends me a free LGA 2011-3 chip :D

10. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    At last!!!!
    :thumbup:

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Hooo boy I can hardly wait for matches consisting of two sides sitting in bunkers for three to five weeks, then the fourty two seconds worth of dash across no mans land before your character gets machine gunned to death or blown up by a mine.

I bet the Frostbite engine will really bring to life the realities of sock drying, the combat thrills of preventing trench foot, picking weevils out of biscuits and my god I can hardly wait to make coffee out of spit, dandruff and mud.

12. anubis44

anubis44 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 290
    Yes, exactly. And just to give an idea of the kinds of weapons we could be talking about, even though this is a 'fantasy' movie version of WWI, have a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPl2TzUGYKA

Yeah, you could do something pretty cool with World War I. Especially with all the smoke the guns produced, and the clouds of poison gas, and the slow, 6 man tanks, and the slow but highly maneuverable bi-planes and the Zeppelins armed with bombs and machine guns...

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If I excuse ending of this movie, it is much better than one would think it would be.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I would not count on this rumor being accurate.

15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Seems really far fetched. I'm still hoping for BF 2142.

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I love the smell of Mustard gas and mud in the morning.

Lets get it on, BF1918 was one on the fav mods/games back in the day.

17. viper_911

viper_911 Member

GPU:
    msi 980 gtx ti 6g
    hope its true, love world war I shooters

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    baaaaaa!

19. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S WaterForceWB
    @fantaskarsef
    you mean, that "you" never heard of.
    my cousin knows them for almost 10y...

size nor location of the shop mean any difference.

or do you think if it was from a US/asian "shop", the info would be more "reliable"?

20. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Hilarious! This would be an absolute fail..! There aren't enough interesting weapons in World War 1 to really make a good game. It would get boring fast. WW1 was an absolute joke! But the stuff they came up with was insane. Did the Germans ever give a crap about being humane? WW1 & 2 ,the did stuff you just can't make up.