Rumor: Assassin's Creed PC requirements finalized

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NvidiaFreak, Jan 17, 2008.

1. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    We don't want a rewrite , we want a seperate development team using some of the same assets (textures etc).

We dont want very cheap to produce(lots of assets already produced like script , textures and dialog etc etc) and much faster developed programs(assets developed beforehand) written for the PC as an afterthought and usually rushed to a point they meet a deadline on PC hardware so they can cash in on the reputation of a given game.

Tell me this is not what the majority of late PC crossovers do. We're not talking about multi platform games.

2. nytehawx

nytehawx Member

That proves to me that the developpers are lazy and the general population is getting dumber each year. We're reversing human evolution.

3. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    For the record this IS a rumor and I would say don't believe it till you see it. Personally think it's a load of crap as the specs are more than just a little absurd.

4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    It proves nothing.

Why? because a computer games recommended spec is slightly higher than you expected? :3eyes:

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you call 2GB of ram as a minimum slightly higher? that's a whopping 1GB increase m8, i know Ram is dirty cheap now but still.. i'm all for evolution though, we really need to move forward and this cannot happend without the usual increase in system requirements for sure, i just hope it isn't another lame port that's all.

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Gah, a 1 GB RAM stick costs less than the fukken game. Just buy one game less than usually.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    consoles and PC's are very different for alot of reasons, without going into how much different it is for devs to create for a single propriatary componant vs huge varieties for the PC counterpart.... i'll sum it up.

hardware specs dont mean squat. ignore those, look at its total FLOPS output power.
    PS3= 2Teraflops of potential power. thats total combined cpu/ram/gpu that follows the bandwidth potential between them.

your PC? ...depends on what all you have, but just an 8800gtx i believe is around 3 gigaflops.

add on a:
    ntel Core 2 Duo E6700 12.53 gigaflops

ram?...dunno but by the time you figure in how much bandwidth between them and rate a total output power, i kinda doubt you come close to 2 teraflop.
    so thats basically how comparisons should be measured when viewing specs.

realworld use however can be vastly different, it changes all the time, its more apparant on consoles when each year games get better looking on same hardware. for PC's devs dont try to max out what an 7900 can do for example. instead of squeezing out power by either better coding or different techniques, they simply take the lazy approach and move on to the next technology which always results in IN-EFFICIENCY to various degrees.
    a PS2 game made last year is likely 50x's more efficient at doing various tasks than it would be being created duing PS2 release year.

so thats basically why game ports require higher hardware to look as good. A port in itself doesnt make it even remotly the same, they have to redo alot of things, usually only the models are the same. many ports will use the higher quality textures that were originally created. i think it was j.carmak who said all game artists first create highest quality art they can and its someone else who later nibble it down to suit need so theregoes the need for more ram. plus what an OS will use as well.

*edit: i doube checked, 8800gtx is 576 GFLOPS on 128 Processing elements

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  8. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Guys first of all this is a rumor and I agree 3 GB of RAM recommended does seem a little high.

However, this is 2008! Think about Crysis and it's system requirements. Now think of a game that will be realesed 6 or more months after Crysis, for example. Obviously the requirements are going to go up! I don't find this suprising at all, however if the developer wants their game to appeal to the public as a whole the requirements should defintaly be lower...

9. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Only thing that's bad in three gigabytes of RAM is that you can't have it in dual channel with three sticks :rolleyes:

10. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    (2x1gig sticks) + (2x512mb sticks) = 3gig Dual channel. :rolleyes:

11. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    HL2 ran good on the Geforce FX series? THat's news to me...I think from these requirements, if they are real, it looks like the game is just another ****ty ubisoft port like every other PC game from them lately. I can't beleive the minimum is two gigs ram. The only way to know for sure is to see some reviews though.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    sometimes they raise minumim requirements just to avoid complaints which can have negative effect on sales, moreso than the sales through low system requirements. plus its well obvious that when any game has high requiremnts, it gets alot of attention from us gamers. attention = $$$

game might beable to run on 1 gig, but again probbaly doesnt load well or stutters alot ingame like FEAR did...remember how much smoother fear was on 2 gigs? same thing here likely and they want to avoid complaints or other such negative experiences that flood the media.

i think from here on out, expect excessive requirements on games soley for marketing purposes, it works, look at the press crysis got...you dont think if it had specs for a 1ghz P4 wouldv got noticed do ya.

13. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    The game looks pretty, you know huge draw distance and stuff, although models aren't detailed as much. But it's way too repetitive, I watched my sis play it and let me tell you, I would fall asleep playing it. Not worth it IMO.

14. nytehawx

nytehawx Member

Agree but Crysis can still run well on Low End computers. Look at UT3. My PC can run it at Max without any problems. It's the laziness of Developers. Look at the sys-req for Guitar Hero 3!!!!

15. nytehawx

nytehawx Member

You again! Come on, don't you see it. Check out sys-req for Guitar Hero 3. A DUAL CORE!!!! That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Supreme Commander needs 2GB of ram because of the amount of units, Crysis needs a high end videocard because of its gorgeous textures and physics which blows away all other games by far. Trust me, developers are geting SUPER SUPER Lazy. We all can see it. Are you a console gamer by chance and think that you know everything? Before you talk smack, get your facts straight.

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
  17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
  18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    oops, i didnt realise you need to be logged in, they've removed them again( havnt got a clue whats going on )
    It basically said DX10 or DX9 video card, 6,7,8,9 Nvidia cards supported, 512Mb gfx card recommended, cant remember what it said about ATI cards
    Dual Core 2.6Ghz Pentium D( i dunno if thats actually core 2 or just the old P4 805 or better ), or 4400+ AMD or better
    2 gig min, 3 recommended
    and a few other things
    That was from the customer support section, i think theyre trying to remove some of the backlash of the crazy requirements. Seriously from what i saw earlier it looks like its gonna be a stinker on the performance front( again im only speculating and would prefer a good port myself )

19. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    In order to play this game properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)
    Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
    RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
    Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
    DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
    Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
    Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
    ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives.

And yes ubisoft removed it...

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Wow, so after all crysis isn't the most demanding and buggy game, one of two, or that Assassin's creed gonna be ****ty port or that game is too heavy, those minimum requirements are better than half of gamers PC, ridiculous i bet that you will need fully SLI working 8800ULTRA to run the game on highest with AA+AF.