Rumor: AMD Radeon RX 6700 will arrive with 12GB of GDDR6 Graphics memory

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Undying and itpro like this.
  2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    So, I suppose those are the true console tier gpus? Interesting for casual gaming. I wonder which of those two really performs like XSX/PS5... :)

Kosmoz likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    XT version have the same power usage as rx580, impressive. January? Nice.

4. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    So now an 350 - 500 $ cards are for casual gamers and console level graphics ?

Sad, really sad.

schmidtbag, rl66, Valken and 4 others like this.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I'm afraid these will just replace current 5000 at their prices, but the 6700 looks amazing on paper.
    If only they'd lunch these at less than 350€, I'd very much do anything for a 6700 at 300€ but I know it won't happen.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'm worried about the low stream processor core count, even though I kind of expected it. If it's the same as with 5700 (XT), how much more performance can we expect? Is it mainly from the clocks? But since the power consumption is quite low, I can't imagine the clocks being at 2.5GHz. I guess the reviews will tell the truth. It's not going to match 3060 Ti in RT, I reckon, so the traditional work performance better be higher for the card to be a viable choice! Of course if 3060 Ti ends up costing more than 500 euros and thus being automatically out of the question, 6700 (XT) will look a whole lot better, unless they are also absurdly expensive.

7. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Not sure if these cards were intended to be used with RT. You are correct that core count might be an issue, not just for RT but also when there is a DLSS solution which would share the same resources.

tunejunky likes this.
  8. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    I'll just drop this here (source: Wikipedia)

Code:
    Radeon RX 560[g](Baffin)
    May 2017
    $99 USD  

Radeon RX 570 (Polaris20 XL)
    April 18, 2017
    $169 USD

Radeon RX 580 (Polaris20 XT)
    April 18, 2017
    $199 USD (4 GB)
    $229 USD (8 GB)

9. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    ^those days gone. Every company is now money grabbing POS

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    These are also GCN based, which AMD made specifically to be cheap. There are still decent alternatives now around these price points in the current market.

tunejunky likes this.

11. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    Nvidia had similar prices back then. Also a "cheapo" architecture? Actually, how do u make a "cheap" architecture at all?? or were those chips 1/2 the physical size of a nv3060/rx6700??

How comes the top 2 GPU companies in the world have not made any performance/price improvement in the 100-300 price bracket for the last 3 years, but they did in the 800-1000 one?

"Moore's law" is crying in its grave (cuz lets face it, it died 10 years ago).

12. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    and I still don't feel so bad getting my 2070s at just a bit under $500 back in June.

13. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    so uhmm, what would the right price be?

14. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Well there's no definite answer to that.
    The price of midrange gpus definitely shifted upwards overtime. It can be for many causes . Inflation, COVID-19 etc etc . But also it can be due to companies' syndicated effort to generate more revenue.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Pascal also like Polaris were not new designs, just built off of previous designs. They also both had far less transistors, and did not need a portion of the build just to be taken by the cooling solution.

tunejunky likes this.

16. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    I think that, unless there's a cartel from AMD and Nvidia, there's nothing inherently wrong with what they're doing.
    If people are willing to pay more money for their products, they'd be fools not to accept it.

17. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    the right price ? is to not pay the same price as a whole console package for only the video card, consoles that can play games with the same quality as those 500€ "mid range".

zorandesign likes this.
  18. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    If the 6700 or 6700 XT have VRM on the right side and NXZT Kraken G12 support them, then I'll upgrade to this GPU instead of the RX 6800 (or RTX 3070) and not because of the price.

Current 2020 GPUs don't seem to support this. My priority is to upgrade my GTX1080 without sacrificing silence. (my current gpu does 19.2 db(A) in full load and I don't want to increase this noise).

Second priority is max TDP and price of the card.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    He is really sad. Not the gpus. But you can still thank nvidia and their idiot fanboys for gpu prices.

20. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Thank just the fanboys.

Nothing is Nvidia's fault, they are a business and they are doing that business accordingly.
    If they would charge $10000 for a GPU and people would still buy them, then they are doing the business exactly as they should.

The fact that so many people have "no life" anymore and they are spending all their time on their computers playing games and such... that's the main problem in society, not the price that Nvidia or AMD charges.

Anyone here saw the movie "Ready Player 1" ? That's where we're heading, for sure. CV19 only accelerates the process...