Ruined Game Franchises

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wunderbar_007, Jun 29, 2011.

1. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Wow, that's ****ing insane that someone could come around and actually say that. My mind is ****ing blown.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    might and magic... VI was and still is the best game ever made (pp) VII was ok, VIII was less so, IX was decent... but they all went downhill after VI and the series is now dead. shame.

3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Vietcong 2, ruined by Pterodon. Men Of Valor, ruined by that Dev Team, and they even came in forum to openly state they did it. Aliens Vrs Predator 3. Rebellion literally bent that game over and rogered it. The Makers of Delta Force 1 and Delta Force 2, totally continue to screw that franchise over. Novalogic, has no logic.

4. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The first Delta Force games were sort of fun due to the interesting features like bullet drop, but they were "C" titles at best....very buggy and awful voxel graphics that allowed the somewhat cool fire fights but looked like software rendering that was 5 years outdated when compared to titles like Half-Life, Project IGI, all which came out around that time.

5. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    http://www.youtube.com/user/chockn

be aware tough that i did a blind playtrough soi ended up playing the mainmissions like a noob and only did use the things i learned during the playtrough in the sidemissions. sidemissions are after the maincampaign. 19-35 or something

6. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    did anyone mention Brothers in Arms?

BiA 1,2,3 --> BiA : The Furious 4 :(

I am still praying its a freakin joke.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Meh, UT99 had something the latter UT's never captured, it's atmosphere.
    Same goes for the old resident evil's.

And sometimes people are simply looking for the same thing, but with new content.

Tbh instead of innovation and stupid vehicles, I'd rather have seen the old U99 rehashed with the new engine. Make everything exactly the same, but just add the graphic techniques such as lightening, tesselation, ... onto it.

Don't even change the instagib rifle, just make a replica of the old model but with alot more detail.

I still play loads of CS Source to this day, but I'm slowly getting bored, not with the game, but with the maps. This is a prime example of "I don't wan't a new game, this is fine, just give me more content".

Right now I'm really liking the work coming from eastern Europe. They're capturing great atmosphere in their games, a "feature" so many developers these days fail to do, even though they succeeded at it in the past.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011