RTX 4090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Oct 11, 2022.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Enthusiast forums bud, buying, tweeking and comparing, hobbies are hobbies :cool::D

OnnA and nizzen like this.
  3. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    do I even want to touch the power limit?

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Here in Sweden one or two stores have begun to increase prices but there are still MSRP models up (the TUF and the Gigabyte ~2000), only they're of course out of stock. Who knows if the price will still be valid once they are in stock again.

That horrendous and yes, you do read about it more and more. Greedy bastards the lot!

I've bought GPUs on launch day for some time now and there are almost never games included. Feels like the companies use free games as to promote their products after the first big wave of customers have bought their cards.

There are 4K/120Hz TVs that need to be used to their full extent :)

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    RTX 4090 & 53 Games: Ryzen 7 5800X vs Core i9-12900K Review | TechPowerUp

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    If MediaMarkt gets them in stock, it may be possible to get one somewhere near or even at MSRP, but other than that, all the actual computer stores seem to be price gouging and selling RTX 4090 cards at around €400-€500 above their respective MSRP, including e-tec (which used to have really good/fair prices for GPUs before the 3xxx series hit). :(

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I'm sure this was a planned play.

As people noted, shortly before the cards went on sale, on OCUK, you could see the range of prices of the 4090s, even though the individual prices were hidden.

I noticed that as soon as the cards had sold out on the first day, the range of prices jumped up ~£300. The cheapest card on launch day was ~ £1700. A few hours later it was £1999.

Is this 'scalping' the retailers' invention or is it from Nvidia and the AIBs by supplying a limited amount of MSRP cards for launch and then increasing the wholesale price that the retailers have to pay for the next batches?

8. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Newegg is back to forced bundles now for 4090 cards, at raised pricing. I'd assume it's the retailers...

Cave Waverider likes this.
  9. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Happy for ya Krizby!!! :D:D:D Great taste in cards btw. I love the construction of this baby. It's like die cast metal with the gunmetal color. It just looks bad@$$!

Krizby likes this.
  10. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    It doesn't make business sense for Nvidia to themselves scalp the retailers.

11. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    1080.jpg

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I think we either have different definitions of "decent", or play different games.

Netherwind and Cave Waverider like this.
  13. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    So what's everyone opinion of the Galax 4090 SG, I'm more curious of the thermals.

14. The most intensive games I usually play nowadays are GTA V (maxed, no AA, Normal grass), and Diablo II Resurrected (I max everything with Quality DLSS, but can get away without DLSS with Environment at low). I don't know the exact FPS range, but both play comfortably I think around 45-60 FPS average.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Playing very old / non-demanding games obviously means you dont need as much gpu power... but try booting up cyberpunk with full raytracing enabled, and see how you fare at 4k ;)

16. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Has anyone had their games crash to the desktop without an error message? It's happened 3 times in a row just now.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    With too high oc, yes. Stock no.

18. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Unless you're going for benchmark scores, probably not. There's very little extra fps to be had by going over 450w. Just set a core clock offset and you're good to go.

+100 should boost it up to ~2850, nothing else needed imho.

Lemonking likes this.
  19. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Hmm are you sure? I had watch dogs legion at launch, and i believe towards mid this year there was a bunch of games including doom eternal + dlc1+2

At the moment i got it running 80% lol. I think i lost like 1 frame in gaming but it dropped about 80-100W

OnnA and GoldenTiger like this.
  20. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hey Gurus,

Has anyone ran test with Spiderman? What are your settings and framerates at Native? Something is seriously going on with my frames because I'm not seeing the correct framerates at 4k. My 3090 gave me almost the same performance I'm getting now. This can't be right.

I'm getting my feet wet with AMD processors. What BIOS settings should I set to gain the best performance from the 7950x? I have D.O.C.P. and PBO enabled.

Should I do anything else?