RTX 3080 OUT OF STOCK FROM NVIDIA UK

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Killersjp, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    I can only imagine those people are new generation of PC gamers and used to getting everything asap.

Even with the crazy hype for these cards it would have been too risky for nvidia to manufacture high numbers for the first batch considering world wide problems with covid, economy ect

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i guess so, wait until they try to get a new console on day one......

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
  4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080ti
    I have a Strix OC on preorder too. I have a 2080S Strix OC atm. I don't expect much more than that FE overclock. Hilbert got 1950-2000. I'd be happy with 2050. What you do get with the Strix is the best cooler out there and a GPU which will probably do those speeds without a vcore increase so runs cooler/quieter.

5. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    I can see these reaction :mad:o_O:confused: all rolled in to one. No one seems to have any patience, I blame a lot on how fast content is delivered these days.

Oh well, I did pre order a 3080 Strix but now I know there is a bit of a long wait I'm now swinging towards 3090. I'm upgrading from a 2080ti so I'll see more benefit at 4k.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    We get another 150W power connector which along with the better grade GPU and very smooth coldplate should give us the option of a good jump higher clocks.
    I hope for over 2100 maxed but I'll be happy with 2000MHz constant and a quieter system.

It will of course depend on case airflow.
    Mine is inside an open back table with very quiet 230mm fans in and out and I can use 140mm air hoses to feed cool air from under the table to directly where its needed.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do without water :)

southamptonfc likes this.
  7. southamptonfc

GPU:
    3080ti
    Nice! Your 3080 will probably run at 50C :)

I'm rocking an ancient Silverstone case with 1x120mm inlet and 2x120s exhausts on top with an H80i blowing straight out the back - sooo 2007 but somehow manages to just keep temps under control. The 9900k and the 3080 will push it to it's liimts I reckon.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'll be so lucky.
    Using a slightly different config cooling inside the table ...
    My CPU was water cooled, rad outside the table,
    2x 140mm hoses with 2x140mm fans pulled cool air directly to the GPU (quiet fans mind but still effective).
    With an Accelero Xtreme III cooler on my overclocked 1080ti FE with EVGA FTW3 bios, that hung around 50C with a lot of games, some pushed near 55C.

The Accelero Xtreme III is pretty large and rated at 300W, its hard to imagine anything much better on air without being huge.
    However the Accelero is near silent with fans at max speed.
    The cooler on the 3080 Strix OC is about as large, better built and isnt silent, so perhaps I will smile.

I figure without the 140mm hoses, the max overclocked 3080 will be around 60C with the 230mm fans pushing air in/out of the table.
    Fitting the 140mm cool air hoses with fans will drop it by approx 5C.
    That will probably net only about +15Mhz if I'm lucky (based on my 1080ti experience), so it might not be worthwhile using the hoses.
    HOWEVER, the huge amount of extra heat generated by the 3080 might cause very high table ambient temp and drop in clock speed, so a much larger drop in temps with the hoses+fans could net well over 50MHz.

I want to see open air reviews to give me a baseline for best possible temps.

Hehe, you're going to be looking for a new case, the 3080 will likely throttle.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    The guy on the left is a shopping channel reject from the 1990's - OMFG!

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you're just mad hes better at customizing loops and cases.

yasamoka likes this.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    LOL - well, I'm rich enough to pay someone to do that for me :cool:

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I'm still rocking a heavily modified Lian-Li PC101B from 2006. I wish I could find something of this caliber but nothing has really stuck out for me.

I usually only have 2 case fans running at low rpm while the other 5 are off. Case temps are really good in it for a midi-tower.

I find it sad nothing has really stood out to this very day.

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    So $1800 -$2000 is what the scalpers are wanting now for 3080, at least all the 'buy it now' cards out there.:D
    Looks like we'll have a long wait till 3k series market saturation.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's telling that Amazon here in the UK are still not lising the RTX 3080 (searching for it shows lots of, now overpriced, 2080 Tis!). I cannot see any evidence that any UK retailers had stock and I've just checked EBuyer, Scan, Aria, Overclockers, Novatech etc and they are showing no stock. At best, you can pre-order one it seems although EBuyer are showing their cards as being available 30th November!!!

This is without a doubt a paper launch for most people. I suspect that NVIDIA and the card partners have not been able to manufacture enough stock for the official 17th September launch and that most of the stock actually went out to reviewers. That's what it looks to me. The few cards that people have been able to buy seem to in the US and Canada.

Pretty horrendous launch in my opinion. NVIDIA wanted the hype before AMD's card were unveiled and I don't think they cared whether there was enough stock or not. The right thing would have been to have delayed the launch until October when they had more stock but, my guess, is they were worried about what AMD would announce/reveal so they went ahead and launched without ample stock.

Not too bothered really as I will get one eventually, even if it is not until next year, and the longer I wait the better it will be in terms of choice because AMD's new cards may possibly become an option for me, who knows? I am even considering buying a pre-built system with an AMD Ryzen 4000 CPU and 3080 as my PC definitely needs an upgrade, although that means waiting longer and is the more expensive option!

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    The folks that suffered worse from this shambles are those that sold their 2080TIs and are now sitting on gtx 260s and the like.

Darren Hodgson likes this.

16. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    The 3080 FE was briefly available early this morning UK time but by the time I had put in my card details it had already gone. :(

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    First review I've seen of the ROG Strix!

From the above video review it looks like my hopes have been exceeded, the card 'can' run at 2150MHz but needs to be kept cooler to sustain that.
    Fingers crossed my case can help do this.
    It looks like 2100MHz sustained could be realisable in all cases with decent airflow.

Still no sign of them in shops tho :(

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    southamptonfc and Maddness like this.
  18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Looks like an absolute beast. Its between this and the Auros as to which is the best looking of the 3080's.

19. southamptonfc

GPU:
    3080ti
    Retailers are definitely recieving and posting them out now. Not enough to get to my position in the queue tho...

I like the comparison with the TUF. Shows what a beast of a cooler it has which is what I paid the money for.

I think this guy may have a golden chip. The only other review I've seen barely managed 2000mhz
    https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9614/asus-rog-strix-geforce-rtx-3080-oc-edition/index.html

But I guess we'll have to sit patiently and wait to find out!

Maddness and Mufflore like this.
  20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    One ruler to rule them all.