RTX 3080 OUT OF STOCK FROM NVIDIA UK

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Killersjp, Sep 17, 2020.

1. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    You'd think it's the 90s lol

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 2080 Super
    After missing out on the first batch, I managed to get a preorder in from both scan and ocuk for a Strix before both sites died totally. I was going to cancel whichever lost the race but after about 30mins, both checkouts worked at the same time so now I have 2 on preorder :) I'll cancel whichever loses the race to be in stock.

3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Seems like ordering one card, and wait several weeks for it to arrive. I actually had this with my current monitor, which was out of stock, and needed to be ordered from the US by the retailer. ofcourse he ordered more for further potential buyers, but that took almost a month of waiting for me.
    Maybe things will quiet down when the new ps and xbox versions are released to the public.

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Sometimes in certain ways from certain circumstances I wish it was 1990 again. :D

FOG>Daheee, DannyD and AuerX like this.

5. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 2080 Super
    Agreed, there will be some lessons learned from all this excitement for sure!

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    You'd think they'd be anticipating it if this is what the case is. Expect the unexpected.

According to their twitter, it was 6 hours ago it all started dying. https://twitter.com/OverclockersUK/status/1306584561132994561

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti + Xtreme III
    Well done, you did well.
    But timing shouldnt be the order of the day for pre-ordering to be delivered in a few weeks or a month though.
    It isnt possible, even now.

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Scan dont even have the prices up let alone the option to pre-order....just the add to wishlist option

9. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Still in stock in some online stores as a write here in Sweden tonight!

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

endbase likes this.
  12. xrallenx

xrallenx New Member

GPU:
    gtx 980
    Well guys wish me luck, also for me nvidia went from notify to out of stock but german retail section of amazon got a preorder option online for like 2h.
    upload_2020-9-18_0-17-37.png
    But i will only believe them the moment they draw money from my account and it switches to "Send".

13. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX / 1080Ti
    Capture283.PNG 317.PNG Lets see what happens tomorrow :( Capture283.PNG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  14. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX / 1080Ti
    Can not be real, not real not real!!! Capture3090NC.PNG

15. ITGuru

ITGuru Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Guys DON'T RUSH into buying the 3080, wait for the TI to come out and come out it will.
    Respect your hard earned money.
    I see people already prostituting their 2080 ti fo less than 1/3 of what they paid just to jump on the hype band wagon.

Why frogleap when you can take a GIANT STRIDE.

16. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    Oh well bit of a crap show today. I really wanted the FE card but gone and preordered the Asus Strix. Hoping OCuk get stock early next week.

17. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX / 1080Ti
    Speaks volume's

Attached Files:

18. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    In a few weeks the market will be flooded with Ampere, i mean it should be under normal circumstances at least.
    Anyways i like the idea of waiting till December earliest, maybe January we see 3070ti?
    At the very least waiting till bigger vram variants.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Looks like buying a Founders Edition card from NVIDIA is going to be near impossible, at least this side of 2020, so the options may be limited to third-party cards. I prefer the design of the FE card personally plus it's a 2-slot design but it does look like the third-party cards offer better cooling (the ASUS TUF Gaming for example is some 10-12 C cooler than the FE for example and only slightly louder fan-wise).

Does anyone know which third-party cards are 2-slot rather than 3-slot? If I have to buy one of these then I don't want a bulky triple-slot card. I've seen the EVGA 3080s listed as being 2.2 slot (basically 2-slot) but more sites do not seem to list this specification and based on the images it looks like most are triple-slot.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Waiting will be better in the long run. Prices will stablise and AMD's RNDA2 offerings will be available giving you more choice. I do not expect AMD's cards to better NVIDIA's but they may be competitively priced and even more power efficient. Not that I will be buying one as my ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q monitor only supports G-SYNC so I am stuck with NVIDIA until I upgrade my monitor to a 4K one which will not be any time soon. I am perfectly happy with 1440p on a 27" display and do not see the point of 4K from the viewing distance I sit at. I prefer to prioritise higher graphics settings and framerate over resolution.