RTX 3050 TI Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ruslangmstr, May 9, 2021.

1. ruslangmstr

ruslangmstr New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hello guys.

One week ago i bought new ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713QE-HX016 with RTX 3050 TI on board.

i dont know how and why,but asus store sell me this laptop too early as i can understand.

Because there is no G17 G713QE on asus site yet, and RTX 3050 TI on Nvidia website.

So,i can not install driver for my gpu) i uderstand that its too early,i i have to wait nvidia release date, but can i install lates driver for now on my laptop? i get an error. can you advice me some FAQs or something else?

p.s sorry for my poor english

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    @ruslangmstr

Asus G713QE series is listed on Asus site but not a single word about particular G713QE-HX016 model:
    https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-g17-series/spec

Honestly if I was on your place I wouldn't buy it at all so early, at least without a heafty discount because that laptop is unusable without propper 3050Ti drivers. Things like this shouldn't happen, that retailer, Asus store or whoever sold you this laptop is doing shady busssiness for sure. I'll take that laptop there, put it in a desk in front of them with words: "...OK, now now give me a drivers for this...".

Things like this are happening way too much past few months. Few months earlier saw a stock full of RTX 3060 here at local importer WHOLE MONTH before official date NVidia defined as a day one for selling those. Anyone could buy those either as a company or as a individual. Import companies doing shady bussiness like this should get BIG penalties from NVidia, Asus, AMD... as far as I'm concerned.

3. ruslangmstr

ruslangmstr New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    i already talk with asus support team , and thay say that this laptop newest and its too interesting why they sell it to you. i will wait till tuesday ( when Nvidia announce rtx 3050 ti card) and see what happens. if i wont get drivers this week,i have to return laptop or change for asus tuf with rtx 3060. similar price.. Thanks for your advice

4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Asus probably for a while has got from NVidia a working driver for 3050Ti powering that laptop. But because of NDA between Asus and NVidia they can't publish/leak these 3050Ti drivers or else it's gonna get ugly on Asus's side. If you bought that laptop so early (way before NVidia official 3050Ti announce/release day) from official Asus store of from official Asus distributor someone there is breaking a rules, simple as that, Asus should do investigation on their side. But we all know probably it's not gonna happen.

I'm not that type of guy who likes to tip off someone about something but boy I wass pissed like a hell when I saw those RTX 3060 on stock in retail month earlier before official release day. That day there was bunch of 3060 on stock (not sure but think the price was 2x or 2.5x MSRP), next day not a single one on stock, I've phone them to ask where those cards had gone so quickly and they've told me everything was sold and we all here know who bought those at these insane prices, gamers fore sure are not one of buyers. Cards were either Manly or Zotac, can't remember, but next time if something like this happens I'm gonna phone closest AIB's office in this region, screenshot and post evidence all over the internet and make a living hell for that retailer. Things like this happening here and there are preventing both gamers, content creators, honest retailers who are playing by the book and many others to get their hands on those products for MSRP at official launch date. Thing are getting way out of hand on market past few months: insane prices 2x, 3x, 5x MSRP even at retails, scalpers everywhere, officially unreleased cards and laptop are sold way before they should hit the shelves of retailers/etailers... and no one f#%ing cares, not even manufacturers/AIBs as long as everyone in the distribution chain get their piece of pie. Nothing is sacred anymore :mad:

Enough of this rant, hope you're gonna solve a driver problems with that laptop once NVidia/Asus release official 3050Ti drivers.