RTX 2080 Super Periodic freezing/crashing log included

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Speed_freakzz, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Speed_freakzz

Speed_freakzz New Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio Super
    My pc started giving me problems around 8-9 days ago. It starts as a total computer freeze for 5 seconds, then i can move my mouse again for some time or if I move fast huge distance it freezes again and so on..then at one point it just gives me black screen with the mouse cursor on it.
    Its random, sometimes happens when i am just in browser or desktop, and sometimes in game. Sometimes computer works day or two without problem, then sometimes it happens few times in short period of time.

I realized that it happens more with sudden changes within the graphic, for example alt-tabbing, switching between monitors.. Never crashed in the game...most of the time it crashes in main menu when some changes happen, or while loading the game.

System worked nicely just before I got the new GPU, and then new GPu didnt give any issues for like 6-7 days no problems at all.

I cant take the GPU (asuming its the gpu) to the shop where I bought it, cause i am at the end of my Thesis work in Unreal engine...I just cant afford to wait till they send it to BKK to test it and then whatever it happens.. It will take probably like 20+days..and I have have only less than 2 months left to finish my work.

Here is the HWiNFO file jsut when it crashed and then kept lagging until I restarted pc.
    HWiNFO file: https://safenote.co/r/5e65096a1b9f25@36780515
    Specs: https://valid.x86.fr/166t2q
    PSU is Corsair STX 750

Whocrashed gave me this info:

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 11/6/2019 12:23:39 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x142B05)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80581448623)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

What I've Tried:
    -Reinstaling drivers with DDU.
    - Rollback to previous drivers
    -Rollback win updates
    -Virus checks
    -Tested memory and SSD
    -Changed 8pin cable to make sure it was not daisy cable issue.
    -Removed clock from CPU and Ram
    -Changed power plans..disabled turning off devices to save power
    -Disconnected one of the monitors
    -Run stress tests with 3d mark, furmark etc..

Any help appreciated.

2. idontknow54

idontknow54 New Member

GPU:
    rtx2070 super
    i have a similar issue. random mouse/ system freezes. sometimes even ending and reluanching explorer.exe as admin/ restarting it does not fix it. even if i get the mouse control back.
    sometimes it only lasts under 30 seconds sometimes forever. now it has also started doing a 5 second green screen occasionally. my whole system is brand new since late last year. pretty sure its had these issues more or less since i first built it. but they are getting worse. os was reinstalled at time of pc build.
    running:

evga supernove 850w g3
    ryzen 3700x
    team group tuf gaming 16gb (8gbx2) 3200mhz ram. issue still happens whether set to default (2667 of something) or 3200.
    asus gaming wifi x570 tuf motherboard
    rtx 2070 super
    nzxt phantom 410 with all fan slots full.
    samsung 500gb ssd for os
    several other hdd's (about 6. 10tb worth)
    have not tried a full memtestx86 scan. too time consuming. but the basic built in memory test is ok. gpu NEVER crashes during games. crashes a lot in sony vegas but that is probably just sony vegas... also crashes occasionally in blender.
    most of the crashes are freezes where the mouse just lags a few seconds behind and runs at 0.1fps. usually while doing nothing. i usually have a lot of tabs open, chrome etc. but it has happened once a few seconds into a fresh restart with nothing open. i hibernate my pc a lot and it only gets a fresh restart once or twice a week. nothing gets hot. not sure what it is. could be any of my brand new parts...

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    return for replacement the mainboard and cpu

if it continues after that, rma the graphics card.